Porsche Macan Forum banner

Caliper Colour

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of painting my calipers on my White 'S'.
Logically, the colour of choice would be RED for a slew of reasons, but I was thinking of 'maybe' trying something different, but didn't want to go overboard.

If you had my car, what color would you do?

Choices are on the poll w/ a few pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I painted my sisters calipers yellow on her black Toyota this past weekend. After doing heres I started contemplating painting mine on my Macan. Here SUV is black and the yellow really stands out behind the plastidipped rims she has. With the Macan's all having very open rims and huge front calipers I think they would look great painted in any color. My question is how you'd get the "PORSCHE" put on the caliper. Would you pull your calipers off or paint them while they are on the car?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have them professionally done @ a reputable shop. The shop is able to keep the PORSCHE logo on them so that is not a concern.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know this point isn't necessarily a concern to many folks but Porsche purists might look askance at odd caliper colors since they have meaning in the Porsche world. In particular, in the four door Porsches: Black=base model; Silver=S; Red=Turbo; Yellow=PCCB; and Green=Hybrid.

I have to agree the Silver calipers on my wife's Macan S looks a little bland...especially compared to the Red ones on my Boxster S (Red=S on the two door models)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know this point isn't necessarily a concern to many folks but Porsche purists might look askance at odd caliper colors since they have meaning in the Porsche world. In particular, in the four door Porsches: Black=base model; Silver=S; Red=Turbo; Yellow=PCCB; and Green=Hybrid.

I have to agree the Silver calipers on my wife's Macan S looks a little bland...especially compared to the Red ones on my Boxster S (Red=S on the two door models)
Go for something out of the ordinary, i myself and thinking of the lime green or something shocking, and screw the purist no offend to any of you who are one but its your car, you can do what ever you want with it. haha I just got a suggestion for martini blur for my brake callipers which is interesting.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey @L0U would you really paint them blue? LOL.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
OP, is your car Turbo or S?

If you have S model, my vote goes to blue. Otherwise, I'd go with something exotic but not lime green.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How long will it take and at what cost to have a body shop to hoist the car up, take the wheels off, take the caliper off the break, paint it, let it dry then put everything back on?

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
The green is for hybrids, although I'm certainly not one of those stodgy a-holes telling you what to do with your own car. I think red is the way to go and will likely have mine done eventually. The silver is pretty boring.
@L0U , the blue looks awesome. Have you seen True Romance? Should we call you Blue Lou?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bit the bullet & had my calipers done. Was a bit nervous @ first, but man oh man did they come out fantastic! What a difference! Happy I went w/ red!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts