Porsche Macan Forum banner

Paint Protection (ceramic etc) in Melbourne

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SophieTaylor 
#1 ·
Hi - has anybody in Melbourne done paint protection on their vehicle from new? It's not something Porsche offer so I'm left wondering if its even worth it and if so who can I trust in Melbourne to do a great job?

any advice appreciated ....:)

#2 ·
I too am considering this. I have a few names down that i've had recommended from detailing forums and the like, but I haven't used them myself. @macaus do you have a preference on which treatment? I was on the side of Opticoat as it is meant to be quite long lasting, but i've heard good things about Cquartz and Modesta too

#3 ·
I'm collecting my tiger any day now. I have requested it not to be detailed. I'm going to have a crack at it myself. Adams car shampoo, clay bar and spray and Klasse twins. $150
I'll report my results soon........
Cheers Clint

Reactions: STL
#4 ·
#9 ·
I've put CQuartz from CarPro (waxit.com.au) in Tullamarine on both my C-class & E-class, 2 years ago on the C & 1 year on the E, still smooth & shinny, it repels water & dirt is easily removed, stone chips seem to stay away from bumper & bonnet. I will use the same on my Macan, due for delivery in July.

#10 ·
I've put CQuartz from CarPro (waxit.com.au) in Tullamarine on both my C-class & E-class, 2 years ago on the C & 1 year on the E, still smooth & shinny, it repels water & dirt is easily removed, stone chips seem to stay away from bumper & bonnet. I will use the same on my Macan, due for delivery in July.

#11 · (Edited)
Before, I used paint protection film as it is a lot thicker and can prevent minor scratches. The other coatings that are much thinner can probably last only 1 year and not so effective against scratches. Now, I recommend going to a car detailing shop than ordering a product and apply it by yourself. I've done that in the past and I've done so many mistakes. The cost is quite expensive but you really get what you paid for. I got mine from Ceramic Protection Brisbane - Car Paint Protection, Chemical RustProofing . They did a fantastic job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.