Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside Temperature indicator

Have had My Macan S for about a week, Everything is working fine except for the outside temperature indicator which is always at 66 degrees. Has anyone else had this issue.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Have had My Macan S for about a week, Everything is working fine except for the outside temperature indicator which is always at 66 degrees. Has anyone else had this issue.
I had a similar problem when items stuck on 17 degrees for a day. Back to normal though. Had mine for seven months.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Has anyone questioned the reading/accuracy of the outdoor temperature sensor? I'm fairly certain mine was close (enough) to accurate when I got the car in December. Lately, it has been off by about 10 degrees. Reads lower than the actual temp. It seems to think it's 73 degrees on most days... don't I wish. Where is the sensor? Somewhere near the headlights?? Thx.

Reactions: djs2303

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
mine is not functioning properly as well. Some days, it will work as accordingly; then there are days that it will be stuck at certain temp and even with shutting car on/off will not reset itself.

I already had mine reset by the dealer once (back in April 2015) already but to no avail. Next time I go into service, I will tell the dealer once again and maybe this time, they will change the temp sensor.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yes this apparently is a common problem and no fix yet according to my Service Associate. If it's anything like here, you will really notice it in summer as that's the only time I had issues with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the same. It was stuck on 73 all day when it was 89 out. I drove it to several errands, stopping and starting every time. Interestingly, the temp became accurate after I made a phone call. Odd. And, as an FYI, my last car was a Cayenne, and the temp reading was within 1 degree of my home weather station every single time.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well I hadn't notice thank you for bringing this defect to my attention:|

·
Registered
2 Posts
My outside temperature reading is all over the place. Sometimes it's within a degree or two of the actual temperature, sometimes it's as much as 15 degrees off. The other day I noticed it was stuck at 73 even though it was 89 out. Stayed 73 through several stops and starts as I ran errands. Then, when I made a phone call, after I hung up, the temperature read correctly. I'm thinking software problem. I've complained about it several times to my dealer, and they have done nothing. They claim that they can't reproduce it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've had some "odd" temperature readings which I've pretty much ignored - - but I noticed yesterday that my Macan S was saying that the outdoor (ambient) temperature was 77F ...when the actual air temperature was in the low 90s (!).

I kept an eye on it while driving errands. Stopped three times and each time when I restarted, it still read 77F. Even played with the dashboard control settings to turn on/off the display -- no avail.

Finally, after around 45 minutes of total driving time (and 5 minutes from home), I noticed that it had at some point _finally_ updated itself to the correct reading.

-hh

·
Registered
802 Posts
My outside temperature reading is all over the place. Sometimes it's within a degree or two of the actual temperature, sometimes it's as much as 15 degrees off. The other day I noticed it was stuck at 73 even though it was 89 out. Stayed 73 through several stops and starts as I ran errands. Then, when I made a phone call, after I hung up, the temperature read correctly. I'm thinking software problem. I've complained about it several times to my dealer, and they have done nothing. They claim that they can't reproduce it.
My car thinks it's 73F degrees outside most of the time, but it does change.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My car like to so 73F the majority of the time, but it does change.
I guess the outsourced back up camera supplier acknowledge poor quality but promised to make it to to Porsche and delivered those temperature sensors for free... now we are having fun :)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
another one

Same here. Says 73 much of the time. Wish it was really so. :D
Today mine outdoor temperature failed at 73degrees. Currently it is 91 outside but car still reads 73. This seems to be the reoccurring reading as they all seem to be stuck at this 73degree reading.:(

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Kind of funny. Just did a quick search of average temperatures in Stuttgart, Germany. Apparently, average high summer temps are approximately 23C/74F.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Kind of funny. Just did a quick search of average temperatures in Stuttgart, Germany. Apparently, average high summer temps are approximately 23C/74F.
Sounds like a software issue. I haven't noticed mine being off at all but I've also gotten two rounds of software updates done when my Macan was in the shop for other issues. Make sure you have all the updates before they start replacing hardware.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
thx

Sounds like a software issue. I haven't noticed mine being off at all but I've also gotten two rounds of software updates done when my Macan was in the shop for other issues. Make sure you have all the updates before they start replacing hardware.
Had it in the shop for a oil change at 4k where updates were done but hat was 4 months ago. It's now at just over 8k will email the service manager to see what up have not had any issues until just today! Hopefully its just a software problem but it seems kinda strange that 73degrees seem to be the default temperature across the board. :confused:

WOW just tried it again everything is working apparently the gremlins left the building!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Add me to the list of stuck temp readings, except my says 76 degrees but only with one of my keys. When I use the other key the the temp reading seems to be accurate. Very odd.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts