Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a perfect world, you could option the vehicle exactly how you want it, the factory down the street would build it and you would take delivery a week later. Porsche has got the system down pretty well, but it still involves the torture of waiting -- and second-guessing your option choices.

The concept of my ordered Macan GTS is straightforward: Somewhat stealthy exterior in Carrara White metallic, luxurious interior with Espresso natural leather and dark walnut wood trim but then a bit of bling with Guards Red seat inserts and stitching: http//www.porsche-code.com/PMLDGBJ4

I've requested that the dealership try to obtain some visualizations of the interior from the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur office; hopefully those will be coming soon.

In the meantime, I torture myself by continuing to build alternatives on the configurator -- @Jellybean knows exactly what I mean as she is going through the same thing, I think -- and I continue to drop my jaw at seeing photos of Carmine Red Macans. So I come up with The Porsche Code Of course it is more money -- with Porsche it is always more money, isn't it? The concept changes: Now the bling is on the outside and the inside is more pure luxury. My wife is head over heels with the concept.

I'm also planning on using the OE wheels for a winter set and buying a set of BBS CH-R wheels for summer use. With white, my plan is to fit silver wheels (Gasp! Does anyone still have silver wheels?!?) With red, I think I'd have to go black.

Decisions, decisions.... Torture! Doesn't the Geneva Convention have something to do with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ordering a Macan was my first Porsche. It was a truly great experience. I got all that I wanted except I should of added more leather inside. Checking all the boxes and getting input here from other owners was great and it made the car what it should be for me. On the other hand adding 20K of options to a GTS seemed crazy and frustrating that some of those features were on a standard 30K car. End of day it is what it is and almost two year and still no regrets. I did wait about 5.5 months as i did a PTS car in Graphite Blue Metallic so it took a little longer. It was fun to track in on the ships. The wait time was some of the longest weeks of my life and it almost seemed like i owned it sooner getting build updates and tracking things. The customer service from Porsche and the follow up from the sales rep made it truly a classy experience for me.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@Llarry now you are making me rethink about getting the Mamba Green and just going back to my Carmine Red. Gosh I miss that car. I saw one yesterday when I was out and I had a pang of guilt like I was dishonoring her memory by flitting with a different color.

I do love how you added a different color for your seatbelts to make them pop.

I as well would love to know if your dealer can get the mother ship to share photos of the interior so you will have a better understanding on how it will look. I do know when I had the GTS interior package on my old one I just loved the deviated stitching everywhere and the red seatbelts standing out.

So when does your build lock?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
New final answer is www.porsche-code.com/PMTV64N5 without prem pkg plus but with Race-Tex headliner.

Can I phone a friend?
Ok I'm wondering why you are adding the headliner. is this something that I am missing and I need to have :)

No sports chrono? I never used the launch control, but did love to put her in sports plus every now and then on the highway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Llarry now you are making me rethink about getting the Mamba Green and just going back to my Carmine Red. Gosh I miss that car. I saw one yesterday when I was out and I had a pang of guilt like I was dishonoring her memory by flitting with a different color.

I do love how you added a different color for your seatbelts to make them pop.

I as well would love to know if your dealer can get the mother ship to share photos of the interior so you will have a better understanding on how it will look. I do know when I had the GTS interior package on my old one I just loved the deviated stitching everywhere and the red seatbelts standing out.

So when does your build lock?
Now you're making me regret causing you trouble with your build, @Jellybean. I just kept seeing the photos of Carmine Red -- it was my first choice but I couldn't figure out how to match red with the espresso natural leather, which I wanted but also wanted some bicolor touches with. I think we've got it now. My wife gets her luxury interior and I get my bling. Our build won't lock for quite some time as we're projecting delivery in Nov/Dec.

No Mamba Green seatbelts available! But note that with your deviated Mamba Green stitching you will have even more stitching than you had with your Carmine Red stitching before. It should be stunning.

Unfortunately, the answer from Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur was that the configurator was not presently working properly and no images were possible.

And regarding the headliner, I've admired Alcantara headliners for years in BMWs and wanted one but never bought a car that offered the option until now. Race-Tex replaces Alcantara for 2021 and is essentially the same stuff: synthetic suede. It's an expensive option at $1,550.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@Llarry 😱 :ROFLMAO: Yes many sleepless nights you have caused. Just kidding.

the Carmine Red IS such a beautiful color.

I have never ordered a bright color and didn't think I could pull it off, but holy >>it that car was freaking fabulous!!!!!

If there was not a ton of them driving around my little city I would be ordering this color again! This is why I am switching up colors. I have yet to see a Mamba Green in my city. We have tons of white, blacks, a handful of sapphire blue and I even have seen a few midnight blues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts