Porsche Macan Forum banner

Ordering my first Porsche - GTS 2021

4K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  Bytown rider 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Newbie here, love this forum. I am from Ottawa, Canada. I'm about to order 2021 Gts in Chalk color. Would love the community's input on my build and some suggestions.
My build code is PM7DW7M1

1.What are your thoughts on thermally insulated privacy glass.
2. I love the race tex leather chalk interior package but can't justify the price
3. Thoughts on race tex heated steering.

Thanks in advance, stay safe.

#2 ·
I have not seen the race tex in person but from the photos in the configurator I'm not seeing how it could possibly justify the added cost. I can tell you that it is not a popular option amongst GTS owners in this forum. In fact I don't recall ever seeing it chosen, which makes it beyond unusual.

On the privacy glass some have said it doesn't do much, while others have commented that it detracts from the "sportiness" of the sport exhaust sound. Personally the only way I could see it is if you are an audiophile who also went with the Burmeister upgraded sound system.

#4 ·
Hi Everyone,
Newbie here, love this forum. I am from Ottawa, Canada. I'm about to order 2021 Gts in Chalk color. Would love the community's input on my build and some suggestions.

2. I love the race tex leather chalk interior package but can't justify the price

Thanks in advance, stay safe.
As much as I love the GTS your styling options have put you well into turbo price range. For less than 3k you could have a turbo with everything there, the 18 way seats, and turbo wheels. This is because many of the options you chose cost less on rhe turbo and you also added on options that remove the exterior parts of the GTS package.

It wouldn’t sit as low, but a dealer can help you there, or add a lowering module. Worth considering when you push a GTS over 95k.

#12 ·
Regarding the insulated glass: we still had our q5 prestige around when we received our '15 S, and driving them back to back the difference in the laminated glass was pretty obvious when listening to oncoming traffic. The sound of traffic/wind noise was so much more noticeable in our Q5 (single pane), the Macan feels far more luxurious which was a pleasant surprise. If you were looking for the sportiest possible ride it probably wouldn't be worth much to you, but if you were trying to configure a comfy long-distance mile-eater that was still fun in the twisties, I'd recommend it.

#16 ·
I don't see PTV+ on your build....improves handling, and gives better traction in snow.

Personally I would NOT get the thermo glass (only needed down South, and it blocks phone/radar detector reception). I'd also ditch the ‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights (you can get the same LED lights online for half the price, and install them yourself in 5 min), and I'd ditch the rear floor mat (plastic like feel, and it covers the hooks....just get a floor net on eBay), and get the fire extinguisher instead.

#22 ·
@Bytown rider:

We have the thermal glass on our '18 S, and would spec it again.

I wear hearing aids, and my wife had throat surgery and talks very softly, so it's helpful for us to communicate. Even I can STILL hear the very nice engine sounds and shift points when I floor the car, so it doesn't take that away. Additionally, it adds to the high-end environment, IMO; we also opted for full leather. We did not get the glass for its actual thermal properties, but for this noise reduction.

I've never owned a radar detector, so I can't comment on that. In terms of phone reception, I can't really comment on that either, because we have only one car; it seems okay to me.

I am still surprised that more folks who spend the extra money on Burmester (we have the Bose) don't go with the thermal glass, as well, as they invest in a superior audiophile environment.

#25 ·
@Bytown rider ; , very nice build!

My only comment is that I find the power steering plus steering feel very light. I test drove a car with it and it was not my cup of tea, although I think others on the list love it. If you haven’t done so, try with and without and form your own opinion.

Question for the group as a whole - has anyone own/seen a chalk Macan with sport design wheels in body colour? Could be cool; could be not so cool.

#33 ·
@Bytown rider ; , very nice build!

My only comment is that I find the power steering plus steering feel very light. I test drove a car with it and it was not my cup of tea, although I think others on the list love it. If you haven’t done so, try with and without and form your own opinion.
My dealership specs all their lot cars with it. Any car I have ordered lacked it . I can barely tell the difference . I dont expect much for 200 bucks . I see some people voice they really hate it .

Conclusion .... if I loved a lot car that had it its not a deal breaker. If I order a car no way would I get it

#40 ·
Beautiful build, love the expresso leather. Gives it nice character and looks luxurious.
I have read all input and looked at the code assuming all latest changes have been made and the only thing to say is that you are missing PTV+. This is a heavy beast so whipping the tail needs PTV+ around the smallest of corners. You feel it working when you are on twisty ramps or any type of curves at speed and I am the ultimate user of it since we live in the world record of roundabouts and I can also tell you that it does not wear out the rear brakes based on a popular but unverified belief, you actually brake less because of it since PTV+ does it in a targeted and precise way vs. you pushing the pedal to slow down in a turn with all brakes at work. We are at 50k miles and the rears are not even close to being replaced.
Thank you that is very helpful.

#31 ·
Hi Everyone,

I looked at your build and did not read the other replies yet.

1) I had the glass ob two cars and have three without . I felt it was the most useless option I ever ordered . On the configurator it makes the glass look darker but the reality is that the cars come with privacy rear . If you actually wanted cooler those race tex seats look amazing.

2) I love how it looks and realize its expensive . Its purely aesthetic but its really up to you if you want to splurge or not . I have the alcantara and stitching on my 911 and love it but my Macan Turbo is full leather. So was the GTS before it.

3) I like the feel of a leather steering wheel . Any other texture (cabin fiber, race tex, wood , etc) is not for me. As for heat I'd get it if I lived in cold . Miami has no need for it . In fact I hit mine by accident sometimes and find it a nuisance .

The rest of the build is beautiful . I am taking it that 97K is Canadian currency ? If so I am not finding the price outrageous .

#37 ·
I looked at your build and did not read the other replies yet.

1) I had the glass ob two cars and have three without . I felt it was the most useless option I ever ordered . On the configurator it makes the glass look darker but the reality is that the cars come with privacy rear . If you actually wanted cooler those race tex seats look amazing.

2) I love how it looks and realize its expensive . Its purely aesthetic but its really up to you if you want to splurge or not . I have the alcantara and stitching on my 911 and love it but my Macan Turbo is full leather. So was the GTS before it.

3) I like the feel of a leather steering wheel . Any other texture (cabin fiber, race tex, wood , etc) is not for me. As for heat I'd get it if I lived in cold . Miami has no need for it . In fact I hit mine by accident sometimes and find it a nuisance .

The rest of the build is beautiful . I am taking it that 97K is Canadian currency ? If so I am not finding the price outrageous .
Thanks a lot for your input. Yes 97K is Cad currency. I am leaning towards race tex interior with chalk. In my opinion it gives it sporty feel inside the cabin.

#39 ·
I have read all input and looked at the code assuming all latest changes have been made and the only thing to say is that you are missing PTV+. This is a heavy beast so whipping the tail needs PTV+ around the smallest of corners. You feel it working when you are on twisty ramps or any type of curves at speed and I am the ultimate user of it since we live in the world record of roundabouts and I can also tell you that it does not wear out the rear brakes based on a popular but unverified belief, you actually brake less because of it since PTV+ does it in a targeted and precise way vs. you pushing the pedal to slow down in a turn with all brakes at work. We are at 50k miles and the rears are not even close to being replaced.

#41 ·
Our CPO car came with the Espresso Natural leather - not sure I would have ordered it myself ($5k in 2015!) but it makes the cabin feel a LOT nicer than our old Q5 Prestige... that being said, I’m a lot more stressed about maintaining the interior now that everything is coated in leather! I used to be a lot more carefree about throwing long Ikea packages or 4x4 posts in the Audi, but now I’m packing rags and blankets around anything that protrudes into the cabin. I’ve got some Gyeon interior leather resin coating coming in the mail, hopefully it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.