Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I am ordering my first Porsche, the Macan GTS. I would love your input on colour and my build.

I was set on Black as the colour, but then I came across a GTS in the Chalk colour. It looked sharp with the black rims and had tinted front windows. Honestly, I think I'm in love with that colour now.

Although I think I will go with Chalk, I am waffling on black. The only fear I have is with the maintenance of black paint. Over the years, it shows more wear and tear. Also, I wonder if the Chalk will help with resale value as it is a bit more unique.

Any thoughts on my paint colour?

Here's my build if you want to comment on anything I have selected or left out: The Porsche Code

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am struggling also with color, first thought Caulk then Black then Grey - the ceramic coating thats applied I think will help at least minimize some worries of light swirls and scratches. I don't know. Also I can't see spending that much for Caulk when I would rather add other options like Surround view, and Active Suspension etc

I don't think you can go wrong on any color really - all of them look sharp in their own way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am struggling also with color, first thought Caulk then Black then Grey - the ceramic coating thats applied I think will help at least minimize some worries of light swirls and scratches. I don't know. Also I can't see spending that much for Caulk when I would rather add other options like Surround view, and Active Suspension etc

I don't think you can go wrong on any color really - all of them look sharp in their own way.
I have a 21 Chalk that was delivered a year ago this month and I absolutely love it. Every day I'm out driving it someone comments how beautiful it is. It has PPF and Ceramic coating and it is always shining. Black is great but Chalk is on another level!!!

·
Registered
2022 Macan
746 Posts
Hey there,

I am ordering my first Porsche, the Macan GTS. I would love your input on colour and my build.

I was set on Black as the colour, but then I came across a GTS in the Chalk colour. It looked sharp with the black rims and had tinted front windows. Honestly, I think I'm in love with that colour now.

Although I think I will go with Chalk, I am waffling on black. The only fear I have is with the maintenance of black paint. Over the years, it shows more wear and tear. Also, I wonder if the Chalk will help with resale value as it is a bit more unique.

Here's my build if you want to comment on anything I have selected or left out: The Porsche Code
Congrats, it looks like a nice build. Most say the smartphone option is useless if you read through the forum. You can also drop the accessories; most SAs will throw some of these for free, especially on a GTS. If you still consider JBM, look at VG, which, in my view, is a better alternative. If you search the forum, you should find some photos of stunning VG GTSs.

Reactions: kevinhayes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 21 Chalk that was delivered a year ago this month and I absolutely love it. Every day I'm out driving it someone comments how beautiful it is. It has PPF and Ceramic coating and it is always shining. Black is great but Chalk is on another level!!!
Congrats, it looks like a nice build. Most say the smartphone option is useless if you read through the forum. You can also drop the accessories; most SAs will throw some of these for free, especially on a GTS. If you still consider JBM, look at VG, which, in my view, is a better alternative. If you search the forum, you should find some photos of stunning VG GTSs.
Cool. Good call on the VG. Thanks for the note about the smartphone option. I'll check out the forums.

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Hey there,

You individually selected options which are cheaper ion the bundled [package . I gave you premium package plus and it gave you more options and cit your price down 1000. The Porsche Code

That said there are a few things . The Bose radio is on a stop sale . Porsche actually took it off my build and left me with the factory system . I felt it was not sufficient for a 100K car so I decided to add Burmester and Porsche accepted it . I also have an order for chalk .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You individually selected options which are cheaper ion the bundled [package . I gave you premium package plus and it gave you more options and cit your price down 1000. The Porsche Code

That said there are a few things . The Bose radio is on a stop sale . Porsche actually took it off my build and left me with the factory system . I felt it was not sufficient for a 100K car so I decided to add Burmester and Porsche accepted it . I also have an order for chalk .
Ah cool, man! Thanks for that!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi I'm wondering at what stage did you find out Porsche took Bose radio off your build? I placed a GTS last weekend that locks in mid November and my SA was able to stick my build code to the order with Bose radio. My SA told me GTS is an exception that can still get the Bose. Do you think I should ask him to dig deeper into that cuz I also don't want the factory system?

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Hi I'm wondering at what stage did you find out Porsche took Bose radio off your build? I placed a GTS last weekend that locks in mid November and my SA was able to stick my build code to the order with Bose radio. My SA told me GTS is an exception that can still get the Bose. Do you think I should ask him to dig deeper into that cuz I also don't want the factory system?
I found out when I posted my build code here a few days after I placed the order . I put up the code and forum members started asking "why no Bose ? " . It turned out that Porsche removed it and did not tell me or my sales guy . I went in person to the dealership . The GM tried to add the Bose and he got shut down with it . It pushed the build all the way out until next year . I then asked to try Burmeister . He added that and it took the order .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found out when I posted my build code here a few days after I placed the order . I put up the code and forum members started asking "why no Bose ? " . It turned out that Porsche removed it and did not tell me or my sales guy . I went in person to the dealership . The GM tried to add the Bose and he got shut down with it . It pushed the build all the way out until next year . I then asked to try Burmeister . He added that and it took the order .
Thank you for your reply. This is the build code on my order and everything: The Porsche Code. It does have Bose radio on it. Maybe it's because my production date is in December? My timeline looks like this:
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

I'm a little hesitant on spending 5k on radio but also kind of want the car on time. Any comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Thank you for your reply. This is the build code on my order and everything: The Porsche Code. It does have Bose radio on it. Maybe it's because my production date is in December? My timeline looks like this:
View attachment 260015
I'm a little hesitant on spending 5k on radio but also kind of want the car on time. Any comments/suggestions?
1) I placed my order Aug 15 . My car locks Oct 14 . Your dates are crucial .

2) Cars that are arriving with Bose have the unit but lack the amp . There are people waiting as long as 1 week to 2 months . Dealership cant sell the car until the amp is installed .

If you are locked you can't do anything . If you are not locked then you do have some time to think this out but dont wait too long . Cars can lock early .

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) I placed my order Aug 15 . My car locks Oct 14 . Your dates are crucial .

2) Cars that are arriving with Bose have the unit but lack the amp . There are people waiting as long as 1 week to 2 months . Dealership cant sell the car until the amp is installed .

If you are locked you can't do anything . If you are not locked then you do have some time to think this out but dont wait too long . Cars can lock early .
Thank you for your input! I'll keep an eye on the amp situation and take some time to think through this. Most likely I'll get Burmester I feel haha but I'll still need to convince myself of spending 5k on a radio

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Thank you for your input! I'll keep an eye on the amp situation and take some time to think through this. Most likely I'll get Burmester I feel haha but I'll still need to convince myself of spending 5k on a radio
Its complete wasted on me. I listen to sat radio and talk radio. Most of the time I just like the sound of the engine . My car is not a concern hall .

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Its complete wasted on me. I listen to sat radio and talk radio. Most of the time I just like the sound of the engine . My car is not a concern hall .
Couldn't agree more....the Bose system is plenty for me.

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Couldn't agree more....the Bose system is plenty for me.
I need to find out if the Bose stops sale has been lifted. I’m still fearful of ticking the box though. There are guys on this forum that had 20 cars ahead of them sitting on the lot that didn’t have the part. One guy is picking up his car today as it has sat there for two months. I’m on the fence. My heart wants bows but my worry puts me in the other direction.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I need to find out if the Bose stops sale has been lifted. I’m still fearful of ticking the box though. There are guys on this forum that had 20 cars ahead of them sitting on the lot that didn’t have the part. One guy is picking up his car today as it has sat there for two months. I’m on the fence. My heart wants bows but my worry puts me in the other direction.
The sales manager assured me for the MY2023 GTS, the Bose system is not a problem....priority status for the Bose option.

One thing I forgot to ask about is if the electric steering column adjustment is back or not. I watched a video today reviewing the MY2023 Macan GTS and the reviewer said it had the electric steering column adjustment.....(minute 9:30)

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is no electric steering Column on variant in the Macan I asked yesterday when I bought my Macan S.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts