Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, new member, first post. Finally put my order a few weeks back and I would love to have some feedback for my 2021 GTS.

The Porsche Code

My thinking for the options were:
  • Firstly why GTS - on the balance of the options I want, it presents the better value vs an over-optioned S - plus you get better handling and more power + a ton of other goodies
  • Interior - Agate / Pebble Grey - not so sports for GTS - but I feel the black makes the tight interior too claustrophobic ; beige is too old school - red is too red - and i've read from the forum that as long as you look after it - it holds up well
  • Chrono - knowing my driving style alternating between drive modes - I would use the **** out of the selector on the wheel and the boost button
  • Adaptive Cruise - only for the emergency break assist - this should be standard but lets not open that can of worms

Things I didn't get & why:
  • Air Suspension - (in Aus its not standard) - in my drive tests with the springs - even on 21s - I felt the ride was just right ; I didn't feel the need for the ride to be "softened" and forking over 3 grand just to have the car sitting 1cm lower wasn't worth it
  • Bose / Burmeister - can't justify spending almost $10k to get the Burm :: even though I am into my stereos - didn't really feel difference between Bose and Base was worth it - subjective I know
  • Smokers Package - need that gap to put the phone/s
thanks again and appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
2021 Volcano Grey Macan GTS
23 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, new member, first post. Finally put my order a few weeks back and I would love to have some feedback for my 2021 GTS.

The Porsche Code

• Firstly why GTS - on the balance of the options I want, it presents the better value vs an over-optioned S - plus you get better handling and more power + a ton of other goodies
  • Interior - Agate / Pebble Grey - not so sports for GTS - but I feel the black makes the tight interior too claustrophobic ; beige is too old school - red is too red - and i've read from the forum that as long as you look after it - it holds up well
  • Chrono - knowing my driving style alternating between drive modes - I would use the **** out of the selector on the wheel and the boost button
  • Adaptive Cruise - only for the emergency break assist - this should be standard but lets not open that can of worms

• Air Suspension - (in Aus its not standard) - in my drive tests with the springs - even on 21s - I felt the ride was just right ; I didn't feel the need for the ride to be "softened" and forking over 3 grand just to have the car sitting 1cm lower wasn't worth it
  • Bose / Burmeister - can't justify spending almost $10k to get the Burm :: even though I am into my stereos - didn't really feel difference between Bose and Base was worth it - subjective I know
Like your build. Had an agate interior on my last Macan S, great colour and wished I kept it instead of black. You East or West coast?

·
Registered
53 Posts

agate pebble interior looks great. This is now 2 years old and is standing up well.Leather everywhere and not at all gloomy or claustrophobic even with sunblind closed.

Excuse the dents in the leather, I have a 5 year old who likes and had just been climbing all over the car and sticking is head out of the pan roof.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Everyone,

The Porsche Code

1. sure - makes sense - I think many people have made the same analysis and reached the same question. S was never in the running for me; overall look and feel of the GTS is just in a different direction, IMO.
2. I'd never do it - black or beige for me; but, I can think of few things more subjective than taste in interior colors.
3. not as important as it is on a Porsche sports car where SC also gets you the variable transmission mounts that really make a nice difference in feel, but still important to me - I got it - because of the versatility through the driving modes. BTW, the Sport Response button isn't a 'boost' button, at least not in the sense that it gets you more than you otherwise would, it just makes out everything including throttle response. The beauty in it is just that you don't have to be in Sport, Sport plus, or you 'individual' configuration all the time when you may not need or want it: press the button when the need arises, and 20 seconds later, you're back to chillin'...
4. An important feature to have, IMO.
5 Standard in the US, so I can't comment, I just know I love the look of how low the GTS can go - but if I had to pay 3K (though I believe a/s was a cheaper option than that, when it was optional in the US on base and S cars) for that last bit of lowering, I might not have bothered, either. It does help the ride, too.
6. I'd like to have Bose, but don't - there was a limit to my budget. But I find the standard system OK sounding, if a little weak; has decent speaker placement, unlike the standard setup in, say, a Boxster - where Bose is almost a must for me, to get rear speakers.
7. I have it because it looks nice, sounds like you're saying you won't get it? I don't think there are any phones today that could actually fit in the cubby that's left behind? My first Macan had the cubby, not the cover and outlet - I don't think I could fit anything useful in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
One last thought - since you're getting the pano roof, you might reconsider the black interior, if you're at all unsure about you're interior choice or how much it costs, because the pano roof really changes the feel inside - much more open and airy when the shade is retracted at least, you may not find it dark or claustrophobic at all. I don't, when the shade is back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like your build. Had an agate interior on my last Macan S, great colour and wished I kept it instead of black. You East or West coast?
I was umming and ahhing on the interior for months - thanks for your insight

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 241734

agate pebble interior looks great. This is now 2 years old and is standing up well.Leather everywhere and not at all gloomy or claustrophobic even with sunblind closed.

Excuse the dents in the leather, I have a 5 year old who likes and had just been climbing all over the car and sticking is head out of the pan roof.
Still looks amazing,
View attachment 241734

Still looks absolutely fantastic, I think I am going to need a solid leather cleaner when it arrives

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. sure - makes sense - I think many people have made the same analysis and reached the same question. S was never in the running for me; overall look and feel of the GTS is just in a different direction, IMO.
2. I'd never do it - black or beige for me; but, I can think of few things more subjective than taste in interior colors.
3. not as important as it is on a Porsche sports car where SC also gets you the variable transmission mounts that really make a nice difference in feel, but still important to me - I got it - because of the versatility through the driving modes. BTW, the Sport Response button isn't a 'boost' button, at least not in the sense that it gets you more than you otherwise would, it just makes out everything including throttle response. The beauty in it is just that you don't have to be in Sport, Sport plus, or you 'individual' configuration all the time when you may not need or want it: press the button when the need arises, and 20 seconds later, you're back to chillin'...
4. An important feature to have, IMO.
5 Standard in the US, so I can't comment, I just know I love the look of how low the GTS can go - but if I had to pay 3K (though I believe a/s was a cheaper option than that, when it was optional in the US on base and S cars) for that last bit of lowering, I might not have bothered, either. It does help the ride, too.
6. I'd like to have Bose, but don't - there was a limit to my budget. But I find the standard system OK sounding, if a little weak; has decent speaker placement, unlike the standard setup in, say, a Boxster - where Bose is almost a must for me, to get rear speakers.
7. I have it because it looks nice, sounds like you're saying you won't get it? I don't think there are any phones today that could actually fit in the cubby that's left behind? My first Macan had the cubby, not the cover and outlet - I don't think I could fit anything useful in it.
Thank you so much for your response

I just realised I called it a “boost button” but couldn’t think of the right adjective :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
smokers package is normally free and fills up a hole that you will have without it.
as far as Burmester goes. I found cars with it and with out it. it was a night and day difference to me. I also did the numbers adding added about $70.00 a month to my payment. I could justify that as I am done with ripping cars apart to upgrade the audio, you also may want to consider the sport mirrors. you don't see these on every Macan but they look so much better once you see them. After seeing them you will think those should only be offered on base models.
Best of luck on your build I hope you car meet and exceeds your expectations.

·
Registered
14,839 Posts
Hi Everyone,

The Porsche Code

1) I agree with everything except the air suspension . Its the entire reason I bought my first GTS over the lot car Turbo which lacked it when I was trading in a crashed car (in crashed condition) . Air suspension is more than a soft ride in comfort mode . In. fact I myself never use it unless the area is flooded . Sport and sport plus dial that suspension in so nicely that I just cant see not having it.

2) Agate pebble -- Agree with all your thoughts .

Conclusion. -- Honestly the idea of steel and agate pebble almost point to a Turbo over a GTS . Have you considered it ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice build @thefastone, what are you being told delivery time wise? Where'd you buy from?

Couple of points from my end:
Interior - I had light grey interior in my old car, not great if you've got dogs or kids, looks fine after cleaning, just takes more cleaning. Do get what you're saying about black interior making it more claustrophobic, but I normally leave the sunblind open which lightens dramatically. Might not be great if living in warmer climes than Melbourne though.
Chrono - I'm using it a lot more than I thought, put it into S+ the other day for the first time and the increase in power and noise was dramatic!
AS - I like it, the 'normal' ride is waaaay better than the crash & bash in my old c-class on runflats, but the softened ride is nicer again.
Burmeister - I've got dodgy hearing so definitely not worth it for me.
Smokers pack - had a similar cubby on the old car, I left my garage door opener and sanitiser in there and would never close the lid, so wasted on me (despite free/cheap addition)
ACC - agreed, should be standard
@wishntoboutside makes a great point on sports mirrors, got them on my sapphire, on yours personally I'd do them with black & silver

Regardless, even if purple with orange interior I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I had Bose in my Cayenne but don’t have it in my Macan and one of my regrets. While I can live without it would definitely option it next time.
21’s on springs is fine ride wise and couldn’t really pick the difference to running 20’s

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
smokers package is normally free and fills up a hole that you will have without it.
as far as Burmester goes. I found cars with it and with out it. it was a night and day difference to me. I also did the numbers adding added about $70.00 a month to my payment. I could justify that as I am done with ripping cars apart to upgrade the audio, you also may want to consider the sport mirrors. you don't see these on every Macan but they look so much better once you see them. After seeing them you will think those should only be offered on base models.
thanks, the Burm is unfortunately too expensive and sets the car above my budget - first Porsche so I’ll need to earn more and and option it in the future 911 :)

on the sports mirrors , thanks , next time I pop in I’ll check this out

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had Bose in my Cayenne but don’t have it in my Macan and one of my regrets. While I can live without it would definitely option it next time.
21’s on springs is fine ride wise and couldn’t really pick the difference to running 20’s
thanks , I also drove on 20s vs 21s , like you didn’t feel that much difference

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1) I agree with everything except the air suspension . Its the entire reason I bought my first GTS over the lot car Turbo which lacked it when I was trading in a crashed car (in crashed condition) . Air suspension is more than a soft ride in comfort mode . In. fact I myself never use it unless the area is flooded . Sport and sport plus dial that suspension in so nicely that I just cant see not having it.

2) Agate pebble -- Agree with all your thoughts .

Conclusion. -- Honestly the idea of steel and agate pebble almost point to a Turbo over a GTS . Have you considered it ?
yeah, agree, it’a like a turbo spec in terms of looks , definitely considered the turbo however in Australian cities the speed limits are so low, I would rarely need it from a performance perspective and the extra torque is not worth the $30k additional

·
Registered
75 Posts
Regarding the Sport mirrors - I'm two weeks away from locking my build and I have gone back and forth on that option about 100 times. The online configurator doesn't really show good pictures of the Sport mirrors when I option them. Do they really look that much better? I had a 2017 GTS white specked just like this here (without chrono/burmerster/insulated glass/ The Porsche Code). Curious as to your opinion on my build and would love some more light on the Sport mirrors. I also debated the aluminum gear shift but at $750 the options just keep adding up. Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you have a confirmed delivery. I’m hearing due to a parts shortage only 4 way seats are available for June/July builds. The Macan update will start late July with deliveries to Oz in November. I’m in the process of ordering....definitely be optioning the air suspension, it makes a noticeable difference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.