Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Ordered a Macan s, which got lock down a couple of weeks ago. What should I expect next? Eg what free goodies come with it eg bottle of champagne etc. Secondly how can I track it. Delivery will be in London uk.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, great choice.

As a matter of interest what wait period have you been quoted?

Did your dealer also advise of the Silverstone experience?

I am buying a showroom S Diesel and the "freebies" are a £50 accessory voucher.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the SA to check delivery of my car, he said it will be in uk in a week and half time. But he is the only person that track the car. Which sounds strange cos many people on the forum are saying u can track the car yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
@Jnr1 Check the really long Tracking the Delivery sticky thread. Bottom line is ask your SA for the name of the ship your car is on, then go to Marine Traffic or one of the others and see where the ship is at. You can spend a small amount to get satellite updates for periods where the ship is too far from a landmass. Whether or not the value is there is up to you. I did it, and enjoyed tracking it. But I also agonized each time it was late leaving a port. YMMV.

You don't list your location, but this post is in the Europe forum. If it doesn't move by boat, I'm not sure you can track it. Unless the dealer is capable of getting the truck or train info the same way they can get a ship. Being in the US, I didn't experience that.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
@jnr1 free goodies? Other than the standard free 911gt3, my dealer gave me a samsung un88js9500fxza tv and a bottle of dom romane conti 1997.

But i ordered a turbo and you just ordered an s, so i think they switch the gt3 out for a gts.
yummm...DRC!!! or a bottle or Krug Rose would be fine :D:D:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
ok @jnr, it's your lucky day cos unlike these Cats that are playing with you like a ball of string, I'm gonna be serious for a moment and show you exactly what I got from my SA in Bolton.

When we arrived to collect our car our SA met us with a Porsche goodie bag. It had a presentation Porsche box with 2 leather key rings, 2 keys, a thank you card, and a Porsche photo frame for the photo that he was gong to take of us receiving the car.
He also gave us a special numbered, limited edition, Carrera RS mug.

Our Macan was covered with a black Porsche sheet that I was invited to whip off and unveil the beauty below. And next to the car there was a presentation sign with our name welcoming us to our new car. I have a vid of that on youtube - link to follow...

All in all they make you feel very special and create a memorable occasion.

Edit: However, I didn't get a Porsche pen which was a little disappointing... but we did have a full tank of petrol (worth £80)

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok @Jnr1, this was the unveiling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWBt6Dqf20

It's a breathtaking moment when you see your custom built baby for the first time after a 7 month wait and you try and digest the fact that it's actually yours to take home...
Yes it's a superficial materialistic thing that pales into insignificance with what's truly important in life. But in the category of superficial materialistic things, it's up there with the best of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received a leter from Porsche....bad news!

I´ve orderd a Macan in Febuary that should have arrived this week, nad just received a letter informing me that there is a problem with the PCM delivery. Result? 6 weeks delay and probably I won´t have the car for my vacations.....

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I´ve orderd a Macan in Febuary that should have arrived this week, nad just received a letter informing me that there is a problem with the PCM delivery. Result? 6 weeks delay and probably I won´t have the car for my vacations.....

That's frustrating I'm sure. There are other members that share your dilemma. I hope the time passes quick for all of you waiting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
96 Posts
ok @jnr, it's your lucky day cos unlike these Cats that are playing with you like a ball of string, I'm gonna be serious for a moment and show you exactly what I got from my SA in Bolton.

When we arrived to collect our car our SA met us with a Porsche goodie bag. It had a presentation Porsche box with 2 leather key rings, 2 keys, a thank you card, and a Porsche photo frame for the photo that he was gong to take of us receiving the car.
He also gave us a special numbered, limited edition, Carrera RS mug.

Our Macan was covered with a black Porsche sheet that I was invited to whip off and unveil the beauty below. And next to the car there was a presentation sign with our name welcoming us to our new car. I have a vid of that on youtube - link to follow...

All in all they make you feel very special and create a memorable occasion.

Edit: However, I didn't get a Porsche pen which was a little disappointing... but we did have a full tank of petrol (worth £80)
OMG - a goodie bag and presentation box?!?!?
All I got was a handshake. Are these dealership specific enhancements, or does Porsche home office dictate the customer delivery experience? Boy - we really get the short end of the stick here in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I think it really depends on the dealership, too. I'm in the USA & I didn't get much in the way of goodies, but I also got an 11% discount, which I was happy to have in lieu of some tchotchkes. I did get keychains from the dealer & new pens for Porsche, which were a nice surprise. For that discount, I'll buy my own **** mugs! My dealer pulls the car into the showroom & presents it rather nicely, though. That was a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
@SKR9 , well let's see... base price of a Turbo in the US = $76,000; in the UK = $91,880
Suddenly I'm not feeling very sorry for you :)
@figlet108 Cool story 'bro, needs more taxation without representation... >:D

How did I do? I've been waiting and watching and this one seemed to fit in my mind... 0:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts