Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke down and ordered my Fidelity Warranty- 6 year 60,000 mile warranty for $3650.

Since the warranty is additive and my car is 3.5 years old and has 23,500, it should cover my car until it 9.5 years old and 83,000 miles.

Seems like a good deal

·
Registered
464 Posts
@scubadiver, good post with the term and cost. Would you mind sharing a link to the details of the plan so I can study what is covered as we plan to keep ours past warranty with 7 months left on the factory warranty.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I broke down and ordered my Fidelity Warranty- 6 year 60,000 mile warranty for $3650.

Since the warranty is additive and my car is 3.5 years old and has 23,500, it should cover my car until it 9.5 years old and 83,000 miles.

Seems like a good deal
I didn't think Fidelity warranties were additive. When I bought one a year ago I asked to clarify this and was told "time/mileage are effective from the current date and miles, run concurrently with any remaining factory warranty coverage, and then pick up where that leaves off." But perhaps the terms have changed?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kcrunch the warranties do run concurrently but start when you order the warranty, basically you get 60,000 additional miles from today. Not from when the factory warranty expires at 40,000.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SergeyB,
Two things warranty prices go way up once you cross 25,000 miles. They also change in calendar year.

For warranty disclosures google Fidelity warranty which was / is the standard across VW / Audi / Porsche.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Which level warranty did you get? And what deductible? Is this the Porsche branded warranty sold by Porsche dealers?

·
Registered
148 Posts

Seems like a good deal
Is that bumper to bumper or power train only?

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
It sounds too cheap at about $600/yr/10k miles. The standard price should be $1000-1500/yr.

Reactions: Jay187

·
Registered
171 Posts
Scubadiver:
Could you provide the name and contact number for the Fidelity Warranty? I assume you went through a dealer.
I have a 2017 Macan GTS with close to 30,000 miles. I may want to extend the warranty before the 50,000 mile warranty end date....my miles will come up before the 4 year warranty end date.
Thanks in advance for this information.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Man, that's a lot of unhappy buyers! To me, it's not how much it costs. It's when you need it, will the repairs get paid by the warranty. I only have 15K and 2 1/2 years. If I decide to get the warranty, I will probably go with Porsche or just may trade it for another car, lots of choices.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Scubadiver:
Could you provide the name and contact number for the Fidelity Warranty? I assume you went through a dealer.
I have a 2017 Macan GTS with close to 30,000 miles. I may want to extend the warranty before the 50,000 mile warranty end date....my miles will come up before the 4 year warranty end date.
Thanks in advance for this information.

Ask for Troy, a lot of the Audi S4 guys use him.

FD-Warranty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In response to a few of the replies -

Again Fidelity is the standard warranty that is / was offered at all Audi / VW and Porsche dealers.

I got my warranty from Troy at FD-Warranty, note once you exceed 25,000 miles I believe there is big price hike.

I picked up the Fidelity Platinum with a $250 deductible

Here are the prices but again the miles and year start when you get the warranty.

So if you are car is two years a three year warranty would cover it until it five years old only one more year over the standard warranty. But if you car almost four years then a three warranty would cover it until the car was almost 7 years. Same thing with the miles if you get 36,000 and you have have 24,000 miles on your car your car would be covered until 60,000 miles.

Fidelity Platinum w/ $250 deductible.
3 yr / 36K - $2008.00
4 yr / 48K - $2759.00
5 yr / 60K - $3321.00
5 yr / 75K - $3922.00
6 yr / 60K - $3649.00
6 yr / 72K - $4020.00
6 yr / 85K - $4893.00
6 yr / 100K - $5874.00
7 yr / 70K - $4403.00
7 yr / 100K - $6794.00

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
If they refused to cover a expensive repair that you think should be covered, I’m curious what your rights are.

Can you sue them, or is there some kind of arbitration clause buried in the contract?

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts

Again Fidelity is the standard warranty that is / was offered at all Audi / VW and Porsche dealers.

I got my warranty from Troy at FD-Warranty, note once you exceed 25,000 miles I believe there is big price hike.

Here are the prices but again the miles and year start when you get the warranty.

So if you are car is two years a three year warranty would cover it until it five years old only one more year over the standard warranty. But if you car almost four years then a three warranty would cover it until the car was almost 7 years. Same thing with the miles if you get 36,000 and you have have 24,000 miles on your car your car would be covered until 60,000 miles.

3 yr / 36K - $2008.00
4 yr / 48K - $2759.00
5 yr / 60K - $3321.00
5 yr / 75K - $3922.00
6 yr / 60K - $3649.00
6 yr / 72K - $4020.00
6 yr / 85K - $4893.00
6 yr / 100K - $5874.00
7 yr / 70K - $4403.00
7 yr / 100K - $6794.00
So these quotes are when your car is about 2 years old with less than 25k miles?

If you deduct 2 yr/25k from the left of the quotes, you actually pay avg. $1000/yr/10k miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with KCrunch, the Fidelity warranty runs concurrently. That was my understanding when I bought it after much research.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It's all a crap shoot. As a 'rule of thumb', these guys (all vehicle warranty companies) are in business to make money. They are in business because the odds are always in their favor, or they wouldn't be in buiness today. Right? That goes for any type of insurance company (car, auto, boat, people...). Contracts are written essentially by professional mathematicians whose business it is to write those contracts in such a way that they have a million ways to spin it. And, it's always going to be in their favor. Not yours.

I want to see any of us look at a contract and notice there is a non-arbitration clause in there, cross it out and send it back to the company's legal people and have them sign off on something like that.

I wish us all Good Luck in our Macan ownerships and hope that collectively our problems are few and far between.

Reactions: jzwu

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts

7 yr / 100K - $6794.00

Let’s do the calculations here.

If you take the 7 yr/100k warranty, the additional coverage after the factory warranty is essentially 5 yr/75k, deducting the remaining 2 yr/25k factory warranty, since you are now at 2 yr/25k and assuming you drive the same 25k miles in the next 2 yrs.

My car is at almost 4 yr/34k and I got a quote for additional 5 yr/60k coverage for $6200, all after the factory warranty.

Looks like your price was higher than mine with the same 5 yr coverage after the factory warranty but with 15k more miles.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Let’s do the calculations here.

If you take the 7 yr/100k warranty, the additional coverage after the factory warranty is essentially 5 yr/75k, deducting the remaining 2 yr/25k factory warranty, since you are now at 2 yr/25k and assuming you drive the same 25k miles in the next 2 yrs.

My car is at almost 4 yr/34k and I got a quote for additional 5 yr/60k coverage for $6200, all after the factory warranty.

Looks like your price was higher than mine with the same 5 yr coverage after the factory warranty but with 15k more miles.

So it’s very interesting because I spoke to Troy first who told me that the warranty starts when you purchase it.

So for calculations sake on a car with 2 years left of warranty if you took a 7 year warranty it would leave you with 5 years and whatever miles.

But when I spoke to a Porsche Dealer finance guy he stated that the warranty is based on the in service date. So a 7 year warranty on a in service date of 2016 car would actually be 3 extra years of warranty. Not an extra 5.

I verified with both of them and both stood by their statement so I’m really confused.

I’m curious cause I’m buying a used one and wanted to know exactly. For the sake of me thinking the warranty guys are going to be after money first and foremost, the one where you get less years seems to be the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I am not sure about this either until I see the contract.

My dealer said the extended warranty is starting when you buy it, not from the original service date.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts