Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should be able to get better than 5%.
You would think so but this is also in reference to the 2019 facelift model which will be a hot seller for at least the balance of calendar 2019. Given high demand and low supply I'm sure most dealers in the GTA will be looking to sell at MSRP which they will get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You would think so but this is also in reference to the 2019 facelift model which will be a hot seller for at least the balance of calendar 2019. Given high demand and low supply I'm sure most dealers in the GTA will be looking to sell at MSRP which they will get.
I think GTA maybe the most expensive place to buy a Porsche. Before we ordered our 2018 GTS in Montreal, we talked to Pfaff (MSRP + free mats) and Marks (2% off). Both Pfaff and Marks gave us the same line on the 2018: high demand, low supply. The dealership experience in both places was really good mind you but they weren't going to move much on price. Plus both Pfaff and Marks charge an admin fee.

I think the three Montreal Porsche dealerships have excess allocations and they want to sell them.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
^ all the gta dealers have excess inventories. It's just their beliefs that the 2019 are still 4-5 months away and they are not as concerned now to sell off their leftovers, hence, they can give next to nothing on discount now. Wait til late Spring, then those GTA dealers will surely want to start giving out bigger discounts to clear them out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
In the US, I use a Car Concierge service - Authority Auto

Canada has similar perhaps...
these are all ex dealers/ GM's/SalesMgrs... et al

They do not get the BS & run around at the dealer.

I would try that route to get more punch and search cross Canada

Car Smart
Buymeacar

Armchair shopping

·
Registered
917 Posts
I asked my ‘Professional Shopper’ about this group idea

He didn’t hold much hope for anything too special.
Unlike NoAmerican dealers... no quotas/incentive systems...

Personally, I think idea could be attractive the right dealer... if he can be found
The trick is to throw a big blanket over it... I would aim for a smaller market... Winnipeg?
Calgary? Windsor

I got excellent prices in Kitchener Waterloo in the past - Jaguars

I doubt the Big Boys in GTA , Montreal or Vancouver will bite....

But if you hit a dealer where your big buy will affect his volume.... he may go for it
Hence , the smaller markets idea 💡

Search Porsche Dealers in Canada for some direction , they may even give an idea of volume for each

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe they have same timeline, I am hearing June now
Any progress on this? Did you guys get any positive responses on the offers?

I can't wait until June (possibly later) for delivery so will be buying Cayennes instead.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can't wait until June (possibly later) for delivery so will be buying Cayennes instead.
Are you talking about lot cars? I don't think you can custom order Cayenne now and get it before June.
The latest updates I got so far:
The new base Macan is expected in June.
The new Macan S is expected in November.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 2019 S on order, but can't wait until November so I cancelled it. Trying to find a deal on a 2018 S or Base, but so far they are barely discounting them ($3K on a base includes $1,500 from Porsche or $2K of an S). One fellow on Rennlist posted that the 2019 Base has not even been EPA approved, so the likelihood of getting EPA and CARB approval by June is slim according to him...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had a 2019 S on order, but can't wait until November so I cancelled it. Trying to find a deal on a 2018 S or Base, but so far they are barely discounting them ($3K on a base includes $1,500 from Porsche or $2K of an S). One fellow on Rennlist posted that the 2019 Base has not even been EPA approved, so the likelihood of getting EPA and CARB approval by June is slim according to him...
Did you check CPO cars at all Canadian dealers?
I'd jump on 2017 CPO Turbo or 2018 CPO GTS right away and I will if I can find a car with all my desired features and exterior/interior colors.
For example look at that non-CPO car with 3 years of warranty left - https://goo.gl/9mPWBt

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Did you check CPO cars at all Canadian dealers?
I'd jump on 2017 CPO Turbo or 2018 CPO GTS right away and I will if I can find a car with all my desired features and exterior/interior colors.
For example look at that non-CPO car with 3 years of warranty left - https://goo.gl/9mPWBt
vehicle is on hold til March 8 as reserved unit (likely will be sold)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, I emailed them too - I brought it up just an example of what's out there if you are on the market for a used or CPO Macan.
If you are interested talk to this guy...
https://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=271948

Spoke to him before Christmas he wanted 8K and I offered him 4K at that time. 3 weeks ago he contacted me and it was too late because by that time i had taken over another lease.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Guys. I actually bought a Base 18 Macan new this afternoon to tide me over until next year. Now I need a set of 20 inch RS Spyder or 21 inch Turbo wheels if anyone has them available :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks Guys. I actually bought a Base 18 Macan new this afternoon to tide me over until next year. Now I need a set of 20 inch RS Spyder or 21 inch Turbo wheels if anyone has them available :)
Did it come with PASM or PASM+AS?
I wouldn't go with 21" if you don't have AS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did it come with PASM or PASM+AS?
I wouldn't go with 21" if you don't have AS.
21" without PASM is fine. Comfort / ride quality varies from person to person.

"I had to look under the guards to make sure our particular example wasn’t fitted with the optional air suspension, even though it was riding on the bigger 21-inch wheels. Why can’t everyone do suspension like this?"

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/porsche-macan-73263?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=ytdesc&utm_campaign=ytdesc

·
Registered
495 Posts
any further news re group buy discount?
has it died?
Kind of - with November deliveries everyone is changing their plans.
My new change freeze point is May 1st, so I can cancel my order and walk away from Pfaff anytime before that.
I got 2% off in Montreal over email, I see it like 1-1.5% off in GTA, and that's what you can get here, so no need to drive to Quebec.

So if you are on the market - write to OP, let's see where will it take us.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts