Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a GTA dealer interested in the group buy. I spoke with him personally to let him know that we are also considering deal from Mark Motors in Ottawa. He is interested in working something out for us as well. Please PM me with idea on what you are looking for from a discount/incentive (i.e. % discount, 15k oil change, mats, etc.) perspective so I can present that to him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have any confirmed information on vehicle delivery dates? I have received vague information from dealers and others.

Will the Macan and Macan S have the same delivery timeline?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does anyone have any confirmed information on vehicle delivery dates? I have received vague information from dealers and others.

Will the Macan and Macan S have the same delivery timeline?
I believe they have same timeline, I am hearing June now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I remain interested in this group buy. I'm in Kingston so Ottawa or Toronto or Montreal is fine with me. Ottawa preferred due to traffic. 2019 Macan S. My build: PKTYKFA9

·
Registered
917 Posts
I am no longer in Canada but would sign up if I was.

I feel you can get better than 5%
Locale doesn't really matter....
in the US... they deliver nationwide

An Ohio dealer was offering exactly that for December buys

For US ... try Auto Authority.... look it up.
Car Concierge type service.... armchair shopping... low price guarantee

Use my name... I am a happy customer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks everyone for getting back to me. I will write up our offer and present it to our group this coming week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! That's a Turbo level build, are you sure you don't want to wait for Turbo? :D
Lol! Can't find a new or used 2018 Turbo with full red interior and equipped the way I want it. Have the Aston for speed (and tickets/points to show for it). Looking to replace my Range Rover Sport. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Any updates?

My order in Pfaff for 2019 S will lock in about a week so if there's a chance to work out a better deal in Pfaff I want to make sure I tried it.
Hi fooit

You are already committed to dealer and have provided downpayment. Unfortunately I don't see the benefit to the group if you were to get involved. In fact I believe it would hurt our offer if we involve those who have current locked in deals as dealer will see this as a loss to them if they are included. As a result it gives the group less leverage. I hope you understand.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi fooit

You are already committed to dealer and have provided downpayment. Unfortunately I don't see the benefit to the group if you were to get involved. In fact I believe it would hurt our offer if we involve those who have current locked in deals as dealer will see this as a loss to them if they are included. As a result it gives the group less leverage. I hope you understand.
Yep, totally. Good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
You are already committed to dealer and have provided downpayment.
Out of interest what discount did you end up getting as group vs what was available individually? I'm skeptical that the difference would be material knowing the Porsche sales model + allocations in Canada but happy to be wrong.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Out of interest what discount did you end up getting as group vs what was available individually? I'm skeptical that the difference would be material knowing the Porsche sales model + allocations in Canada but happy to be wrong.
Yes Ottawa, he is willing to discount, 3% np for a single buyer, more if group buy...
This is what he said when I posted the same question. I am with you , I highly doubt whether it is worth the GB.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It depends on the number of serious buyers and negotiation skills, I think they have a good chance to get more than an average single buyer is capable to negotiate.

It also depends on availability and allocations - in May 2018 when I was shopping for GTS, London and Pfaff played ball nicely (discount was more than 4%, they knew facelifted models are coming and wanted to sell the old models), and in the same time Downtown, Oakville and North Toronto were offering from nothing to 2% maximum.

And it absolutely depends on a bit of luck.

By the way, Montreal was offering 5% discounts in the past and they could register cars in ON, it's just too far from GTA, need to fly there and then drive back, everything adds up, but if Ottawa is offering 3% then 5% in Montreal could be a better deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes Ottawa, he is willing to discount, 3% np for a single buyer, more if group buy...
This is what he said when I posted the same question. I am with you , I highly doubt whether it is worth the GB.
If I was a dealer I would have less of a problem with a single buyer walking out the dealership and heading to another one. But if a large group of buyers came in and left to another dealership then that would be something I probably would not want to see happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be able to get better than 5%. You might also think about talking to Montreal dealers who will Ontario plate. On my own I got 5% and no admin fee from Porsche Prestige for a GTS.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts