Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a thread for those with firm interest in buying the 2019 Macan set for landing Q2 2019, not sure if it will be classed as a MY2019 or MY2020.

Strength in numbers, if we can get 5+ ppl we can then approach various dealers in GTA/Ontario to get a reasonable discount. Aim for 5% off MSRP, winter mats, 1st 15K oil change, and some Porsche swag and see where it ends up. If no dealers are interested we can go our separate ways.

Add your name to the thread if you have deep interest. Eventually add your build config beside your name on this thread using the 2018 online configuration tool then we can adjust when the order 2019 guide comes out. Plan would be to try and nail down a dealer who is interested within the next 2-4 weeks.

Who's in???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I’m new to the forum - based in Kingston. Great idea! I’m certainly interested, and will be building/buying a 2019. But reading other postings I saw that one person from Ottawa received a 5% discount from Mark Motors in Ottawa. For a “Group Buy” perhaps we should/could set our % discount sights higher and also consider buying from Toronto or Ottawa? For me, servicing in Ottawa is an easier drive than Toronto - based on my Aston Martin experience. Lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do yo guys think it would be more expensive to repair a tailgate minor collision eg back-up mishap , since the 2019 has a plastic unique wrap around lens? whereas the 2018 is more generic metal ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Do yo guys think it would be more expensive to repair a tailgate minor collision eg back-up mishap , since the 2019 has a plastic unique wrap around lens? whereas the 2018 is more generic metal ?
WTF???
So you are worried about an accident which may or may not happened on a vehicle which you don't even own. Wow. Speak about What if's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please pm me if you are still interested, we have 3 interested so far, we can try to negotiate higher discount if there is precedence should be fairly easy...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Please pm me if you are still interested, we have 3 interested so far, we can try to negotiate higher discount if there is precedence should be fairly easy...
Have you approached any dealer ? and if so what was the response you got? Did they say that they are willing to discount 2019 Macan ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you approached any dealer ? and if so what was the response you got? Did they say that they are willing to discount 2019 Macan ?
Yes Ottawa, he is willing to discount, 3% np for a single buyer, more if group buy...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Starting a thread for those with firm interest in buying the 2019 Macan set for landing Q2 2019, not sure if it will be classed as a MY2019 or MY2020.

Strength in numbers, if we can get 5+ ppl we can then approach various dealers in GTA/Ontario to get a reasonable discount. Aim for 5% off MSRP, winter mats, 1st 15K oil change, and some Porsche swag and see where it ends up. If no dealers are interested we can go our separate ways.

Add your name to the thread if you have deep interest. Eventually add your build config beside your name on this thread using the 2018 online configuration tool then we can adjust when the order 2019 guide comes out. Plan would be to try and nail down a dealer who is interested within the next 2-4 weeks.

Who's in???

Any updates on this? I will be buying two with about 10k in options each. I am willing to join if it's a dealership in the GTA. Not willing to drive to ottawa.

Does anyone have any additional information on the release date?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Any updates on this? I will be buying two with about 10k in options each. I am willing to join if it's a dealership in the GTA. Not willing to drive to ottawa.

Release date of what?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I have put out the option of the group buy to a GTA dealer but have not heard back yet. Typically in my dealings they are very stubborn about any discounts as they know the car will sell regardless. Car is available to order as of now, shipments expected for those who order early, with possessions in the late spring.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts