Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a perilous journey over the year trying to get an S, now moving on to a GTS and now will be locking in at the end of the month.

PPBZ3AS1

Can someone explain to me why/what the point of having the PASM option on a GTS if it comes with it? i am definitely confused as to leaving it unchecked vs. checked.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
1) PASM and Air suspension is standard on a GTS . Do not check the raise box . It makes the car more like a former Turbo (which I have) and UN GTS like .

2) Door handles ? Like M and M;s IMO. Its one more thing ring can chip.

3) Delete smartphone compartment

4) Bose is on stop sale and facing huge headwinds .

4) Beige with Dolomite ? To each his own . IMO a chalk GTS package nails it.

5) Gloss badging ?

I know aesthetics are personal and its not the worst I have seen (Red on Red or the Miami Blue with silver side blades and silver wheels are the forum top 2 worst) but its a swing and a miss IMO.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
1) PASM and Air suspension is standard on a GTS . Do not check the raise box . It makes the car more like a former Turbo (which I have) and UN GTS like .

5) Gloss badging ?

I know aesthetics are personal and its not the worst I have seen (Red on Red or the Miami Blue with silver side blades and silver wheels are the forum top 2 worst) but its a swing and a miss IMO.
1) Agreed, you are buying the "Sportiest" Macan, why would you want to RAISE it?

2) Agreed, gloss black shows scratches easily.

3) Disagree, especially since Porsche dropped the price. I have a thin case on my iPhone 12 Pro now, and it doesn't get on the warm side anymore....and it gives me an extra bar or reception as well when tucked in the charger since it also acts as an antenna booster. It does charge slower than just plugging it in though....mostly just to maintain charge.

4) Not on the GTS, at least that's what the sales manager told me when I placed my deposit down the other day.

5) Or Volcanic grey....;) I admit Chalk was my 2nd choice. OP, stick with red or black interior colors, beige is an outdated color these days.

6) The flat black "P-O-R-S-C-H-E" on the rear lightbar doesn't look right to me either.

OP, here's my build....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

5) Gloss badging ?

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry to have offended your fine tastes! JK. I like the look of black on silver, so I outfitted it with as much as I could, but I agree, i am not sure about the handles. However, I did see it in person and it looks fairly sharp. I also love the two tone beige on black for the interior and it to me it matches fine. I also saw this in person. I did want chalk, but i'm not shelling out an extra 3k for it. What's the problem with gloss? just scratches easily?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) Agreed, you are buying the "Sportiest" Macan, why would you want to RAISE it?

2) Agreed, gloss black shows scratches easily.

3) Disagree, especially since Porsche dropped the price. I have a thin case on my iPhone 12 Pro now, and it doesn't get on the warm side anymore....and it gives me an extra bar or reception as well when tucked in the charger since it also acts as an antenna booster. It does charge slower than just plugging it in though....mostly just to maintain charge.

4) Not on the GTS, at least that's what the sales manager told me when I placed my deposit down the other day.

5) Or Volcanic grey....;) I admit Chalk was my 2nd choice. OP, stick with red or black interior colors, beige is an outdated color these days.

6) The flat black "P-O-R-S-C-H-E" on the rear lightbar doesn't look right to me either.

OP, here's my build....

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'm sorry to have offended your fine tastes! JK. I like the look of black on silver, so I outfitted it with as much as I could, but I agree, i am not sure about the handles. However, I did see it in person and it looks fairly sharp. I also love the two tone beige on black for the interior and it to me it matches fine. I also saw this in person. I did want chalk, but i'm not shelling out an extra 3k for it. What's the problem with gloss? just scratches easily?
The GTS has a lot of black accents in the car just without adding any. Gloss is a shiny texture . It’s easy to scratch. It also is quite loud and Porsches in general are rather understated. Glass is usually chosen for media events but on the street is not nearly as popular. It photographs well and that’s why it’s chosen. I’ve seen some of the locals gloss out their cars With loud colors like Miami blue. Dolomite such a nice understated color do I think it’s more elegant with the satin.

I have never liked the beige. I warmed up to it only encourage that the person couldn’t afford ventilated seats. The lighter color is cooler. The problem with beige has always been that the color that preceded it was Cashmere in the mid-1990s. It was a beautiful color and was ruined with beige. That brings me to my last point. In the mid-1990s just about every car was laced with beige interior. My goodness those BMWs with the sand interior in the plastic wood looking dash were rampant . It is a color often chosen by old people. I’m old and I feel even older looking at beige.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The GTS has a lot of black accents in the car just without adding any. Gloss is a shiny texture . It’s easy to scratch. It also is quite loud and Porsches in general are rather understated. Glass is usually chosen for media events but on the street is not nearly as popular. It photographs well and that’s why it’s chosen. I’ve seen some of the locals gloss out their cars With loud colors like Miami blue. Dolomite such a nice understated color do I think it’s more elegant with the satin.

I have never liked the beige. I warmed up to it only encourage that the person couldn’t afford ventilated seats. The lighter color is cooler. The problem with beige has always been that the color that preceded it was Cashmere in the mid-1990s. It was a beautiful color and was ruined with beige. That brings me to my last point. In the mid-1990s just about every car was laced with beige interior. My goodness those BMWs with the sand interior in the plastic wood looking dash were rampant . It is a color often chosen by old people. I’m old and I feel even older looking at beige.
Ah, i see. I'm 42, so i'm not at that point in my life where I hate beige or lived through the interior beige boom of the 90's. I do remember that though. Funny thing is, I remember how popular that was and now that I don't see any, i want it. Like i said though, i love two tone. it's almost a must have for me at this point.

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Ah, i see. I'm 42, so i'm not at that point in my life where I hate beige or lived through the interior beige boom of the 90's. I do remember that though. Funny thing is, I remember how popular that was and now that I don't see any, i want it. Like i said though, i love two tone. it's almost a must have for me at this point.
To each his own . You also deleted the dark aluminum trim and chose piano black . Its a finger print magnet (I had it on. a lot car) . The dark aluminum is exclusive to the GTS and the piano is free on a base car. In short its a voluntary downgrade . I know the critique section can be tough but I think the time to say anything is before .

Granted its not my car and I see you like side blades (I want back and forth with it on mine) . This is where I put yours . The Porsche Code

I had a rhodium silver (similar to dolomite) Turbo with the blades .
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
I guess they improved it from years ago. I am glad to see its been improved .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts