Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,635 Posts
This was posted on MF a while back & I thought it showed that the only proper repair of this was to remove the engine. Just changing the bolts was not really a fix, probably due to the gasket issue mentioned by ttmacan.

I believe it would be quite a bit easier to EZ out the broken bolts with the engine out of
the body and mounted on an engine stand. Recall, they'd have to be first drilled and keeping
a drill correctly aligned, while also not drilling too deep, would be very tricky to accomplish
with the engine in situ.

😉

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe it would be quite a bit easier to EZ out the broken bolts with the engine out of
the body and mounted on an engine stand. Recall, they'd have to be first drilled and keeping
a drill correctly aligned, while also not drilling too deep, would be very tricky to accomplish
with the engine in situ.

The back of the bolts is visible on the ones that broke on mine, was able to back them out through the back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
'17 Macan S 27,500 miles. TCC. 10 weeks remaining on factory warranty. Missed a bullet. Probably won't be so lucky with transfer case if/when that happens.
Follow-up: I took pictures, sent to my service advisor at dealer, and requested appointment to repair. SA called back today to tell me that I need to drop off car so that they can "clean" the engine and apply some sort of leak tracker powder. Then they want me to drive car for 1000 miles, which is about two months...or the end of the warranty period for me. Then I need to return to the dealer a second time and they will repair if necessary. Is this really how it is done??? I haven't read a single forum posting in which someone with a TCC leak has to go to the dealer twice to get this fixed. Am I being messed with?

·
Premium Member
5,959 Posts
Find a different dealer. The oil leak is either there or not. Easy to see and doesn’t take 1000 miles of driving to confirm.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts