Porsche Macan Forum banner

441 - 460 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Recall covers after warranty not tsb. But sure goes a long way when trying to get good will if there is a tsb.

·
Super Moderator
8,947 Posts
Boom! Finally Porsche issues a TSB for the leaky timing chain cover.

I sincerely hope this means PCNA will take ownership of this issue such that those affected do not continue to get the runaround from dealers. Otherwise an awesome vehicle!
3 month old, procedure for Cayennes, Panny, and Macan from 3 months ago going back to 2011. Documentation. Not a recall. Not a TSB.

This is more like. TSB https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145560-9999.pdf

Directions for research Campaigns This bulletin identified in that post.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
I am out of the factory warranty and decided to self insure. The TC issue and timing cover leak haven’t happened on my Macan. When the time comes guess I will pursue Porsche goodwill for both.

Heard Porsche goodwill works better than warranty. ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
my leak was just me not sitting the o-ring gasket in the correct position after changing the oil filter and me thinking it was supposed to go all the way at the back of the cap and not on a groove just before the end of it.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
So this was released NOV 2019.
This is great news for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Does this look like oil to anyone ? Or what could it be ?
Found under mid way front of Macan.

2016 Macan T

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Oil stains usually look black.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Kinda what I thought.....this mystifies me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
When I was doing oil change on my Macan I saw some oil like stuff around the chassis and thought it was lubricant or other oily stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
It’s not oil.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Great to have documentation finally. This does not mean it will be covered after warranty but, at least no dealer can do an incompetent "fix"... as at least 1 person posted on MF, where dealer tried to repair w/o removing the engine. This was under warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had mine done a week ago, 2018 GTS with 10k miles. Leak was noticed by dealer at 10k mile service, multiple broken bolts. Took them 3 full days to do the job.

Now I'm dealing with a minor vibration at idle and under load that I believe is a consequence of something not being reinstalled quite right. Service manager test drove and ackowledged vibration, then backpedaled and said its normal. Going back for another test drive with shop foreman tomorrow. Fun times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine had a leak near the belt tensioner area. Not sure if that's the same as the timing chain cover. But going to get the issues repaired under the warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so i need help, i am about to order Macan turbo 44k miles
( and i spend last 3 hours reading about this oil leak problem, and i am about to freak out)

So since that is 2016 and NOT under warranty , and it is not Certified i will be 4th owner, i will order PPI but later in 5k or 10k miles i can have that problem, what should i do? Should i give up on car ( my dram car) Is this officially open recall ? i simply cant afford 10k to reaper that ! Thanks a lot !! maybe some 3rd part warranty ?

·
Super Moderator
2,190 Posts
Oil leak confirmed. Was told it was on the CAM housing, engine being removed to repair. It's not clear to me if the CAM housing is the same as the timing chain cover.
The camshafts are under the valve covers, up at the top of the V, looking at the V6 engine from the front.
I do not believe replacing the valve cover gaskets would require engine removal. Perhaps your dealer is
replacing the TCC gasket(s) as well. (broken TCC bolts?)

·
Super Moderator
2,190 Posts
( and i spend last 3 hours reading about this oil leak problem, and i am about to freak out)

So since that is 2016 and NOT under warranty , and it is not Certified i will be 4th owner, i will order PPI but later in 5k or 10k miles i can have that problem, what should i do? Should i give up on car ( my dram car) Is this officially open recall ? i simply cant afford 10k to reaper that ! Thanks a lot !! maybe some 3rd part warranty ?

If the PPI shows TCC oil leak evidence, find another vehicle to buy.

·
Registered
932 Posts

The answer is not one you want to hear.... None of us can tell you whether or not your car would/could have the leak. Is it a known issue? Yes. Is it a prevalent issue in large quantity? Most would say “no”. You also need to take into consideration that perhaps Porsche NA will pay for some of the repair (if it ever happens). None of us want to crush your “dreams” of owning a Macan... but the fact of the matter is, these are EXPENSIVE cars; and the cost of owning one CAN be expensive as well (of course, depending on how one maintains their own car.... read: DIY, Indy shop, vs Dealership). Only you know if you can afford the risk. But judging from your entry, I would strongly consider an official Porsche CPOd Macan. Just my 2 cents.

441 - 460 of 566 Posts