Porsche Macan Forum banner

441 - 453 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Recall covers after warranty not tsb. But sure goes a long way when trying to get good will if there is a tsb.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Boom! Finally Porsche issues a TSB for the leaky timing chain cover.

I sincerely hope this means PCNA will take ownership of this issue such that those affected do not continue to get the runaround from dealers. Otherwise an awesome vehicle!
3 month old, procedure for Cayennes, Panny, and Macan from 3 months ago going back to 2011. Documentation. Not a recall. Not a TSB.

This is more like. TSB https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145560-9999.pdf

Directions for research Campaigns This bulletin identified in that post.

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
I am out of the factory warranty and decided to self insure. The TC issue and timing cover leak haven’t happened on my Macan. When the time comes guess I will pursue Porsche goodwill for both.

Heard Porsche goodwill works better than warranty. ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
my leak was just me not sitting the o-ring gasket in the correct position after changing the oil filter and me thinking it was supposed to go all the way at the back of the cap and not on a groove just before the end of it.

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
Oil stains usually look black.

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
When I was doing oil change on my Macan I saw some oil like stuff around the chassis and thought it was lubricant or other oily stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
It’s not oil.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Great to have documentation finally. This does not mean it will be covered after warranty but, at least no dealer can do an incompetent "fix"... as at least 1 person posted on MF, where dealer tried to repair w/o removing the engine. This was under warranty.

441 - 453 of 453 Posts