Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
View attachment 241449
The alignment was checked 2 months ago at the dealership and it is and was good. No actual track but I do have a couple of roundabouts in my neighborhood and I sometimes enjoy them a bit. This is why I own a Macan S :)
This one tire is definitely wearing faster and flaking rubber and the other 3 are fine.. but al 4 have 50K miles so I guess the noise, odd wearing, and flaking is reasonable since many only get 25-30K out of their Pirellis. Time for a new set either way.
View attachment 241448 View attachment 241449
Hard to be definitive without actually inspecting the tyres. From the images it looks like what we call 'tread chipping'. Occurs due to driving on gravel roads. How quickly this develops depends on age of the tyres, how sharp the stones/rocks are and the pressure in the tyres. It can occur after just one drive for a few kms. Not a tyre fault.
Can happen just from spirited driving on coarse chip road surfaces if the tyre is older.
Have you checked the tyres date of manufacture? 50k miles is a lot, so maybe this is not the original set?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Am I missing something in your PDF Alignment spec sheet?
Seems as if the b4 & current are ~ = so you did NOT really need an alignment.
The one to the RIGHT was right after I had the first alignment done at Momentum Porsche. You need to zoom in on the sheet to see the ranges 'to' and from'. You'll see my notes scribbled. The second sheet to the LEFT was after going back and having them tweak it better. Still there are a few settings I was told that cannot be adjusted.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts