Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
68 Posts
Perhaps we are all getting delayed for Sep 2021 builds? I’ll let others chime in but now would be a good time to check delays in build times. Also I might be wrong but it looks like they are building GTS first then S..
It seems that there was a bit of a backlog of 2020s - my order is for a 2020 and it is supposedly being built now (as opposed to late August as was originally planned). I think this is part of what has pushed the schedule back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It seems that there was a bit of a backlog of 2020s - my order is for a 2020 and it is supposedly being built now (as opposed to late August as was originally planned). I think this is part of what has pushed the schedule back.
Perhaps that is what is happening: they’re doing the backlog of 2020s first. Plus I also noticed you ordered a GTS which from what I’m seeing they’re making first. I’m debating going to other dealers and seeing if I can get the car sooner but I might be in the same boat with it being delayed. Or who knows it might be 3 months or 6 months+ at this point haha maybe a 2022 model? The new timeline doesn’t work for me and I’ll see what my dealer can do although all my SA is saying is “ok cancel it then” lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
My V300 (completion) date was pushed back by 3 weeks from late August to Sept 18th. I should have an update by early next week if that timeline was in fact met or has been further adjusted. Your delay from planned to expected looks more like a delay of about 5 weeks. Will post an update as soon as I know anything.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Now I am scared to reach out to my dealer to see if mine has been pushed back. This is not happy news for anyone.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My V300 (completion) date was pushed back by 3 weeks from late August to Sept 18th. I should have an update by early next week if that timeline was in fact met or has been further adjusted. Your delay from planned to expected looks more like a delay of about 5 weeks. Will post an update as soon as I know anything.
I’ll post my update too. My “planned” date for entering body shop was this coming Friday, with the “expected” date the 25th (a one week delay). This was based on information provided last week. I’ll pester my SA at the end of next week.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS (Build Code PMRTSSB5, Ordered, expected October '20)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got an update from SA yesterday. No actual date for V260 yet. But expected V300 and U001 already showing 1 week delays. Hopefully won’t be pushed back too much further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Now I am scared to reach out to my dealer to see if mine has been pushed back. This is not happy news for anyone.
JB, you found out about your delay after I posted mine, so hopefully there are no further delays beyond what we already know. For what it's worth, I am jealous about your Atlanta PEC pick-up, which sounds like it will be amazing. So, at least that is in your favour. And the fact that the weather will be a heck of a lot warmer down there whenever you finally get your GTS!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got an update from my SA today. My GTS entered the bodyshop yesterday (V260). If it sticks to the schedule it should leave Emden between 10/9-10/16.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats to all those GTS orders that are semi-on time. Where are my 2021 S people? Or am I the only one with a 2 month delay... I guess I shouldn’t of have ordered Air Suspension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sadly, my SA said "Porsche does not provide tracking for Macan’s at this time. Once we know the name of the vessel the Macan is loaded on you can track the vessel. We will not know the name until it is loaded." I sent him an email with the screenshots above, hopefully I will be able to get some additional information. We will see, I'm really not looking forward to another 2-4 weeks of waiting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It turns out my GTS is built and already on a ship halfway across the Atlantic! Exited production Sept 5th - two weeks ahead of revised timeline, and only one week delayed vs original. Looks like it should be an October delivery after all!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
@Canuck This is fantastic news! I am so excited for you. Here’s hoping that your baby is not sitting at the port waiting forever for a ship to come in for her big ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
@Canuck This is fantastic news! I am so excited for you. Here’s hoping that your baby is not sitting at the port waiting forever for a ship to come in for her big ride.
No significant delay leaving Port (Emden). Exit production Sept 5th, left on ship from Emden Sept 11th! So no significant delays at port.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got an update from my SA today. My GTS entered the bodyshop yesterday (V260). If it sticks to the schedule it should leave Emden between 10/9-10/16.

My GTS has been built (V300)! Expected in Davisville by 10/30. Hope that gets moved up!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad to see that my GTS was dropped of in Halifax today before Teddy got too close. Vehicle carrier Goodwood has moved along to its next scheduled port in Rhode Island, so obviously they are optimistic about the coming weather!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts