Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS (Build Code PMRTSSB5, Ordered, expected October '20)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

I placed an order for a GTS with estimated delivery date of 10/23 (V900 Dealer Inventory). Wanted to start a thread with other members who may be in the same allocation window so we can share tracking updates.

Current freeze point (V250) is 8/28. Entry to body shop (V260) is 9/11. Exit port Emden (V332) is 10/2.

Add to this thread with your dates so we can track our builds through the process.

Fingers crossed things stay on track!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
68 Posts
Interesting! My delivery date (Ontario) is scheduled for the week prior. Purchased 6 weeks ago and is a 2020 GTS (I figure it's an August build). My build locked V250 already, but if my timeline is correct then it's possible we could even be on the same ship since boats frequently stop in Halifax to drop off Canadian cars before heading to ports in the North East U.S.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hi @Chumley II my car and your car will be traveling the great big pond together. I am picking up at Atlanta PEC with an estimated late November early December delivery window. Like you, I have a 2021 GTS on order but knew the build date was sometime early September but thank you for sharing the lock date. I need to reach out to my SA to add the wireless cellphone compartment. Thanks to @Masscan for sharing pictures of his new one I know that my phone will fit, snugly but fit.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
@Canuck that would be crazy If your 2020 will be delivered very close to the 2021’s! My local dealer had a 2020 build date and I opted to go for a 2021 since the GTS’s would have been delivered so close to each other. I figured I could wait an extra month ish for a new model.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey @Jellybean, I really wanted to do my own build with a fall delivery given my plan to drive my convertible while the weather stays nice. I actually got the last open/configurable GTS allocation my dealer had, and a mid-October delivery was perfect for me. Realize I'll probably be one of the last weeks of 2020 MY production, but given no changes between MY20 and 21 GTS models, and my plan to keep the car for some time, I wasn't too worried about the number on the label. On the plus side, that also means I avoided the $2K price bump for MY21.

Will be exciting to track all of our cars through production and delivery in the coming months!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a September build and it’s a 2021. Are the August build the last of the 2020s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is a September build and it’s a 2021. Are the August build the last of the 2020s?

Pretty sure that is the case!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Given that some folks on here who were concerned about COVID-related delays recently took delivery on time, it seems like the Macan production schedule is back on track. As of a couple of weeks ago, it was confirmed that my delivery is still expected Oct 16th. I am somewhat flexible so a couple of weeks either way is not a big deal for me. Prior to COVID, it seems that it was not unusual for people to in fact receive their cars ahead of schedule. We shall see...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mine is an Oct BUILD, not delivery, so hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery...but expecting that it may be early Dec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is an Oct BUILD, not delivery, so hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery...but expecting that it may be early Dec.
I originally had an October build allocation with a November 20th delivery estimate. But over the weekend, I spoke with my SA to update my build (switched from Night Blue Metallic/Black to Night Blue Metallic/Black Mojave Beige) and they had a September build allocation available with a late October delivery date. Took that so I would have my GTS well before xmas road trip in case of delays.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
My SA reached out to me on Wednesday to see if there was anything else I wanted add or change since the lock date was coming up. Poor guy, it seems like every other week after I placed the order I was emailing him to add something. I didn’t take anything away, but did add the cell phone compartment thanks to the pictures that Masscan shared with his new build. Now the wait continues....

Reactions: SJG and Chumley II

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got an update from SA yesterday. My GTS build is now locked (V250). Fingers crossed it stays on track and ships out on 10/2 (v332).

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
@Chumley II that is great news. I wish I had better news for myself. I reached out and asked my SA and mine will not be built until October 😢😭

70669245-C5F6-474D-BB94-E0C561B3D08C.jpeg

He did tell me it could move up in the production schedule but I will not be holding my breath! So it looks like I will be waiting a wee bit longer than I had hoped and planned.

Then he sent me even worst news this morning. He shared with me that he had to deliver a car that was supposed to have been picked up at PEC, but had to be sent to the dealer because of Covid. So I am now sendIng some good thoughts out into the world that PEC deliveries will be back on track by the time I am supposed to get mine. In the summer when I got the PEC email I was told to expect a late November/early December delivery. Of course once she is on the ship I will get the email to pick my day.

I will celebrate when everyone else’s Macan makes it to them! I will get to live through all of you when you get your new cars, so I better see pictures! 😆

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure what is going on my with S order, built in September but won’t arrive until end of Dec? Huh, my SA says there’s a delay..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not sure what is going on my with S order, built in September but won’t arrive until end of Dec? Huh, my SA says there’s a delay..
View attachment 234591
Planned column reflects what was originally anticipated as the schedule; "expected" is the current plan. (there's a 3rd column that plots the "actual" waypoints in the process. So your schedule of production was delayed; currently, your car is scheduled to be built on or about 11/6, and arrive with you, probably just in time for Christmas...could be worse!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, I think I’m going to shop around and see if I can my car sooner with other dealers. I’m almost tempted to buy one off the lot since this means I would have been waiting 6 months for an S...I can see the wait being worth it for a GTS/Turbo but this is getting ridiculous. Do you know if the delay is related to the dealer? Or is this factory specific?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just found out that my 'exit production' of 9/18 is now 10/2. Really bummed. No explanation and I seem to have to push my SA to give me any info.

Reactions: vroomcan

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you, I think I’m going to shop around and see if I can my car sooner with other dealers. I’m almost tempted to buy one off the lot since this means I would have been waiting 6 months for an S...I can see the wait being worth it for a GTS/Turbo but this is getting ridiculous. Do you know if the delay is related to the dealer? Or is this factory specific?
once you're past V250 ("vehicle fixed") I don't think there's anything that a dealer or customer could do to affect the schedule one way or another, so no - I would say this is some factory-related issue, maybe supply chain. Yeah, wouldn't be unreasonable to look around for other S's on the lot that might work for you; but I have noticed in general that Porsche dealers near me, in Chicago, all have much lower inventories of Macans than they did say a year ago; not sure if that's due to lower sales in the Covid era and dealers being cautious with inventory, or a supply issue, or both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just found out that my 'exit production' of 9/18 is now 10/2. Really bummed. No explanation and I seem to have to push my SA to give me any info.
Perhaps we are all getting delayed for Sep 2021 builds? I’ll let others chime in but now would be a good time to check delays in build times. Also I might be wrong but it looks like they are building GTS first then S..

·
Registered
68 Posts
View attachment 234591
Looks like your planned September build is now a November build. So disappointing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts