Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, you guessed it - another Aussie here. Have had my deposit in with the dealer since September and signed a preliminary contract in December. I'm still torn on whether to go for the S or the S Diesel (heart vs. head/$). My contract is for an S so not sure if it's too late to change it.

My spec so far is:
Jet Black Metallic
18 way sports seats (Black)
High-quality roof rails in aluminium
Panoramic Roof System
Sideblades, plastic in car colour
Wheel hub cover with full-colour Porsche Crest
Floor mats
Seat heating (front)
Dark burr walnut interior package
Digital radio
BOSE® Surround Sound System
75-litre fuel tank
20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front

Possible options
Porsche Entry & Drive (have it in my current car but it's not a deal breaker)
Voice control system (use it a lot in my current car as opposed to dialling in addresses in iDrive but with the ease of a touchscreen to input addresses I'm thinking of cutting it out of my spec).
Online Services (having second thoughts as others have mentioned not much use in Aus as far as I can tell).
Black leather package with partial leather seats (really would like this option but don't think I can justify the cost). The agate grey / pebble interior would easily be my preferred but the cost would be prohibitive I think unless I take the razor to my confirmed options).
Smokers package (not a smoker but noted in the other thread you don't get a cover for the small hole in front of the electric parking break if you don't spec the smokers package).

I am really quite keen on the stainless steal apron front and back that is in one of the Macan Turbo commercials, but am tossing up the cost of the option since it's considerable. Also considering changing from an S to an S Diesel to I can get this option and keep costs down (yeah right!). I will probably get the black plastic lower bumper painted so it looks the same as the rear of the Turbo once I get the car.

Here's the Macan Turbo commercial with the stainless steel front and rear apron:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Aussie ftw!!!

If I used my head I would get the excellent Hyundai ix35 or the Kia Sportage. But that is not what it says on my new vehicle contract :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.