Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Wondering if anyone has bought/tried one of these modules from niche technologies?

Looks like they are out of Poland and this module would do quite a few nice little features for us including hatch closing and windows up and down via key fob.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Founder and CEO is on the PMOC page on Facebook. Awesome guy.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They have a new module out.... and a are running a special
359 Euros w/ free shipping to No America - Fedex
I told him I would spread the word back here

They respond quickly and speak excellent English..... e-mails (Richard is the contact) thru the website
==========================================
Richard's response to me -

The module was designed specifically for the Macan as i have a 2015 and wanted the features our module provides, as all of the Macan competitors have them!

The price will be increasing to around €399 at least next month. Maybe a bit more as shipping with Fedex with insurance, is more expensive than we thought/were told!

Kind Regards

Richard. D
Founder and Head Nerd

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have many exchanges with the Head Nerd Richard.
Actually born in England - expalins the perfect language !!
hahaha
Joke's on me !!

That 359 Euro price is only to Jan 31... then an increase... Free FEDEX icl in 359
2 yr guarantee - easy install he claims
I'll be using a professional.....

I am buying one
Richard has a '15 Macan and developed this out of frustration, I'm told

The Jan 31 savings are significant for the 'thrifty' among us --- like ME!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
price is now 449 Euros....up about 100 Euros.....
Euro is low right now....

I like the convenience of the 'All Inclusive' operations....
open/close windows, rear hatch, all with one touch ease

I am sure I'll be happy

Richard is extremely helpful... and conscientious about his service/product

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Right...
That is why I posted 12 days ago about the increase after 1/31

Richard said he couldn't continue that price - too low
it was 359 Euros.......90 Euros (~$100) increase with free shipping.

I have an appt for Wed AM to have mine installed
The mechanic agrees - easy enough install - 1/2 hr to 45 minutes
I sent the install guide to him

I actually have no other mods on the car.... this one I like....
I got stung at the airport with that rear hatch closing restriction

Picking up my daughter, I opened the rear for her- she has no clue how to close it.
The Parking Police are all over me....
I am stabbing the door button to no avail

Cop finally pushes it.... that doesn't work too well
A really annoying / frustrating feature --- non-feature really.

Anyway the 'all close/open' and the rear hatch are enough to get me in
Folding mirrors are an added bonus.

I'm a big believer in KISS...... being a bit simple myself
hahaha

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
From Warsaw with love! Module made in USA, cable from Germany. Richard is from the UK. Aftermarket is going to be great with the Macan. My wife took the box, very well designed and built. Great quality plastic couplers, nothing shoddy here. And it has a port! Very well designed, I’m excited about being able to access the module.
installation tomorrow

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the mod, and I think the company's research and testing top notch, its just more than I would pay (even with the discount that was in Jan) for something that does what I can do already. There are other mods for $400-$500 that I would do before this, but that is just me. Obviously, this will be something that some are excited for.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I like it for the automatic lowering of all the windows and partial opening of the sunroof from the key fob and then if you have keyless entry , you can close and lock everything from the driver’s door. My car is mostly garaged, but it gets hot where I live, black interior, you catch my drift. Oh yeah, mine is installed now.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I attempted the install this weekend. Had a helluva time trying to get the trim on the hatch to release. Was afraid I was going to break something. As it was, it took some finagling to get the four clips (two each side) that I was able to release to go back in. (I followed all of the directions to this point on the screws, switch, etc.)

Anyone who has done it, have any advice? I looked online and haven’t found anything.

I reached out to Niche and their advice was to take it to someone. I would much prefer to do it myself. I feel like there is a trick or something I am missing. The instructions were lean in this section.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Did you get the installation guide - 12 pages?

My Indy just followed that and had no trouble - 20 minutes as Richard said it was.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts