Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased a new 2018 macan turbo that sat unsold on the lot for approximately five months. must have received a few dozen abrasive washes over that timespan, as the paint was horribly marred with swirls and scratches. it amazes me how a premium dealer doesn’t have a clue how to care for its product while it’s for sale.

owned it for less than a week before i took it to my detailer, who spent five days correcting the paint before applying feynlab heal lite to the entire vehicle (paint, glass, headlights, wheels). expensive but worth it.

if you’re in central florida and looking for a quality detailer, call adam at bay area detailing. they did similar work on my 911 a couple of years ago and i didn’t hesitate to take my macan to them. great work at fair prices from guys who are truly passionate about cars & highly knowledgeable about the science of paintwork.

before:

after:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL what's with the rake in the second picture?

good catch, someguy. the detailer removed the wheels to apply the ceramic and the air suspension fully inflated in the rear while the vehicle was on the lift. it settled as soon as it was driven.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
recently purchased a new 2018 macan turbo that sat unsold on the lot for approximately five months. must have received a few dozen abrasive washes over that timespan, as the paint was horribly marred with swirls and scratches. it amazes me how a premium dealer doesn’t have a clue how to care for its product while it’s for sale.

owned it for less than a week before i took it to my detailer, who spent five days correcting the paint before applying feynlab heal lite to the entire vehicle (paint, glass, headlights, wheels). expensive but worth it.

if you’re in central florida and looking for a quality detailer, call adam at bay area detailing. they did similar work on my 911 a couple of years ago and i didn’t hesitate to take my macan to them. great work at fair prices from guys who are truly passionate about cars & highly knowledgeable about the science of paintwork.
We are taking our new Cayenne to Adam next week!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
excellent. you won’t be disappointed. did you know about him before i posted?
He was recommended by my tint guy (Pete at Window Tint America - a few doors down from Adam) and also by a friend who has a 911 turbo that Adam worked on. When we went there yesterday, he showed us pics of your Macan and I remembered seeing your post!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Turbo Paint Correction & Feynlab Ceramic

We are taking our new Cayenne to Adam next week!

just visited adam for my follow up wash and he was about thirty minutes away from applying the ceramic to your cayenne. not sure if you did paint correction but it looked amazing. the black was so deep, it looked like it had blue in it. she’s a beauty; love the camel interior, too.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
just visited adam for my follow up wash and he was about thirty minutes away from applying the ceramic to your cayenne. not sure if you did paint correction but it looked amazing. the black was so deep, it looked like it had blue in it. she’s a beauty; love the camel interior, too.

Thanks!! You beat me to the first online posted pic of the new Cayenne! Was planning to take a few when it gets home tomorrow. I love how the jet black metallic color varies in different lighting conditions. My wife originally wanted moonlight blue but is really happy with the jet black. I am also going to have Adam ceramic coat my 991 wheels (car already has full xpel ppf) and likely will do mild correction and ceramic on my 993 (he was impressed with how good the original paint looks on it)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!! You beat me to the first online posted pic of the new Cayenne! Was planning to take a few when it gets home tomorrow. I love how the jet black metallic color varies in different lighting conditions. My wife originally wanted moonlight blue but is really happy with the jet black. I am also going to have Adam ceramic coat my 991 wheels (car already has full xpel ppf) and likely will do mild correction and ceramic on my 993 (he was impressed with how good the original paint looks on it)
my apologies, i didn’t realize you hadn’t posted a pic of your new cayenne, yet. i only caught a partial of it; make sure you post some shots when adam is done with it!

adam also coated my 991 wheels and the macan’s wheels. it makes a huge difference, especially when cleaning them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tinted the front side markers this afternoon. didn’t want to black them out completely, just tone them down a bit. pleased with the result, which is a bit darker in person vs. what’s represented in the picture.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
tinted the front side markers this afternoon. didn’t want to black them out completely, just tone them down a bit. pleased with the result, which is a bit darker in person vs. what’s represented in the picture.

Nice job! I agree the side marker tint is necessary:

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/modifications/90058-best-6-mod-ever-side-marker-tint.html

Now just trying to figure out how to remove the cayenne side markers so I can tint them

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
my apologies, i didn’t realize you hadn’t posted a pic of your new cayenne, yet. i only caught a partial of it; make sure you post some shots when adam is done with it!

adam also coated my 991 wheels and the macan’s wheels. it makes a huge difference, especially when cleaning them.
Posted the pics here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1134885-picture-gallery-2.html#post15772377

Adam is doing my 991 wheels in 2 weeks (already has PPF on entire car) and may correct and ceramic my black 993 (original paint in very good condition but has usual black blemishes) in a few weeks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts