Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That’s correct. The Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCBs) are white - assuming this is their subtle way of emphasising the benefit of reduced brake dust. They come in white but you may be able to option another colour.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How are you finding the exhaust sound? Esp. compared to gen1? I tested a facelifted Turbo last week and found it to be very quiet.
Coming from a Macan S, it’s definitely louder and a different tone. Fair to say that it’s not as deep or angry as a V8 but with the sports exhaust switched on and a bit of acceleration in Sport or Sport+ mode, I was very impressed. Gear changes are thrilling too. One thing - the Macan’s in-cabin sound dampening is quite good so I’d suggest rolling down your window to hear what’s really going on outside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Coming from a Macan S, it’s definitely louder and a different tone. Fair to say that it’s not as deep or angry as a V8 but with the sports exhaust switched on and a bit of acceleration in Sport or Sport+ mode, I was very impressed. Gear changes are thrilling too. One thing - the Macan’s in-cabin sound dampening is quite good so I’d suggest rolling down your window to hear what’s really going on outside.
Hmm, it's possible that in Europe we're getting stiffed by the new particulate filter. With the windows down the volume was about 30-50% of my pre-facelift GTS.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good point. I don’t think we here in Australia have the same restriction. That makes sense as I’ve seen different opinions from reviewers in Europe and other parts of the world about the sound.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts