Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, not the best pics or place to photograph but wanted to share a couple of shots of the new Turbo (while it was getting detailed). I also included a couple of shots of the ship that brought it. Why? I'm so lame that I tracked the ship using an app and checked in at different ports's webcams to see what was going on...Watched it all the way from Bremmerhaven to Sydney.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
@Val , congrats on the new tiger, looks amazing. I do not think we have new Turbo deliveries in the US just yet.

Reactions: Val

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sergeyb, we here in Australian managed to avoid the delays the Macan Turbo is experiencing in the US with the emissions approval issues. Still, it took about 6 months from order to delivery, plus a year of waiting for the refreshed Macan Turbo since the launch of the refreshed Macan and Macan S.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks great congrats! Not lame at all I would have done the same thing. I would watch every step of the production process if I could!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Daya, there was actually a really interesting video on how Macans are made that someone posted on the forum a little while ago. It's here:
and was actually quite an eye-opener in terms of the techniques and using real people for some of the QA processes.

I've upgraded from a Macan S which I bought in 2015. So far the Turbo's power is very noticeable, along with the engine sound and exhaust note. I know that many reviewers have said that the Macan Turbo's sound is a little subdued, but that's not my experience with the window open in a tunnel and in Sport+ mode!

Also, the suspension is certainly tighter and the dampening feels better as well. This is with the Air Suspension and PSAM.

The new PCM is way nicer than the small-screened PCM on my old Macan, and I've enjoyed using Apple Car Play to access my Apple Music library and the Wayz app.

I haven't driven enough to really tell if the tungsten carbide coated brakes are any better - right now they need some breaking in as they don't grab as much as my old Macan S's standard brakes.

I've opted for adaptive cruise, lane change assist and ventilated/heated seats and will see what I think over the coming days. I am enjoying the cooling effect from the seat fans in the hot Australian summer!

I hope your Macan is delivered soon.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
They installed the steering wheel on the wrong side??? :oops::oops::oops: Just kidding, it looks amazing!!!! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks great! Love the looks of the wheels + painted rear diffuser

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks great! Love the looks of the wheels + painted rear diffuser
Thanks! That's actually the stainless steel skid plate at the rear which has a matte silver finish. I chose it not for bush-bashing but for the contrast it provides over the standard black diffuser.

·
Registered
309 Posts
OK, not the best pics or place to photograph but wanted to share a couple of shots of the new Turbo (while it was getting detailed). I also included a couple of shots of the ship that brought it. Why? I'm so lame that I tracked the ship using an app and checked in at different ports's webcams to see what was going on...Watched it all the way from Bremmerhaven to Sydney.
Congratulations! That's one gorgeous Macan! Great to see another Aussie around here too :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! That's one gorgeous Macan! Great to see another Aussie around here too :)
Thanks SJG - and great to hear from a fellow Aussie too! Love the look of your Mamba Green Macan!

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you want to take more shots how about with the opera house or perhaps the coat hanger in the background ?

Looks great, well done mate !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats . . . . Beautiful car!

Unfortunately the 2020 Macan Turbo here in the states is still held up by EPA certification. Hundreds are in ports around the US collecting dust and dirt. Mine is planned to go into production early March w/ delivery outlooked for mid May or early June. That's assuming our EPA grants approval & mpg ratings.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How are you finding the exhaust sound? Esp. compared to gen1? I tested a facelifted Turbo last week and found it to be very quiet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts