Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Picked up a 15’ S. Car is great. Owned a ton BMWs, Benz and a older 930 slant nose back in 2000. Have question however. Car is CPO and picked up today. I think was washed in sun at dealership and stained trim around glass? Thoughts ? Remove it? Anyways look forward to forum knowledge.

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
Search this forum. I think some folks had this issue and used some kind of metal polish to fix it. Better yet just wrap it in black.

I have the $240 glossy black window trim option on my white Macan. It looks gorgeous and never tarnishes or fades.

Reactions: Schu3507

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
705 Posts
First, congrats on the Macan and welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you've tried wiping the spots away and it's not that simple. Did you see the car in person and it didn't have the spots, and then did when they washed it for delivery? If so I'd send those pics to the dealer and let them deal with it.

This thread has details about how people have DIY repaired it.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Congrats on your Porsche, I've have a 2016S and just ordered a new GTS so I can honestly say the Macan is a great vehicle to own!! Back to your problem. I have/had the same issue as you and started a thread on it Window Trim Oxidizing?

I ordered a product and with a bit of work, it really helped the issue but of course it does come back over time and you would have to redo the trim again if you so choose. Good luck and congrats

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks. I can’t say thanks enough!! Was kinda bummed out. Searched a while to find right one CPO and options. Has the RS spiders, premium plus and full leather. Love it’s typical Porsche steering and how relaxed it can live until let it stretch it legs. Thank you again. I’ll get to work!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I spent a good amount of effort attempting to polish mine, and even broke out my 1" flex rotary in it and never got it to a point that I was satisfied. Ultimately I chose to have it wrapped in Satin black - if I could do it again I'd take it to a professional and have it sprayed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**** this is epic pita huh!! Only Porsche could use an aluminum type non protected stock. They are quirky!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know BMWs in sport trim have shadowline trim in windows. I’m having it wrapped satin black. Oh well. Anyone know where I can satin black insignia ? Not paying 750$ from Porsche. Might be badge?

·
Registered
2018 Base
37 Posts
If by insignia you mean the badges on the trunk, I used black plasti-dip on mine and I'm happy with the results. Very easy, you can see it done on youtube.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While I got ya ears. One option that this vehicle came with I’m not in love with...half wood steering wheel. It’s heated but...always had full thick leather. Some even alcantera (spelling?) The half wood seems out of place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Ive just purchased a “daily” driver 15’ S. Carrera white over natural espresso...58k miles and CPO. Bought from long time Porsche dealership here in Massachusetts.
So my question is a few...so questions I guess. I do not “beat” my cars. I properly exercise them with in the parameters they were designed and intended.
I’ve literally had car 6 days and maybe drove 50 miles? I’ve have no issues hitting sport button letting it rev and go into manual and holding at 4K (12 o’clock) and walking up RPMs in the twisties and grabbing another gear, down shift to 5ish let it decelerate into corner braking then repeat.
I owned many BMWs and two previous Porsche. One was a 944, of course and other was a 930 turbo slant nose, 77. I was new to the Porsche game and was thought by an independent mechanic how to drive it. “You need it at 4K so engine breathes, it’s air cooled. Do not short shift it. Do not let it sit very long. It’s needs to be driven and needs to be reved to clean out carbon and such”.
I ask, does this apply to these vehicles? Cause I looked at oil level indicator and was in middle. It’s CPO wasn’t the oil just changed!!! I mean i CAN NOT believe in the few times me driving this car in way I mentioned I can used that 1/2 quart oil consumption.
Lay some science on my a** cause I need reassuring Porsche dna is still legit.
To date ive never owned a car that cost me more to keep happy then that 930😂. It was 2001 and I traded a new Harley to get it from a old time Celtics players son. Can make this up. It needed some attention but **** that car was special. Thanks for any thoughts in advance folks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts