Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.....picked up a very nice low mileage 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo a couple of weeks back.....loving it so far.....while it has no where near the face warping acceleration my Tesla Model 3 Performance does....it is no slouch either......nevertheless.....I have one question (probably going to be one of those duh....questions to others) but anyway.... for anyone that might know.....how can you tell if the Macan has a performance package upgrade (not even sure it was available on the 2015...quick google search shows 2016? and onward).....just want to know as I will be doing some of my own maintenance and while looking around the question of performance upgrade comes up sometimes (such as with brakes)......I am assuming I don’t have it but not sure.....anyone know a quick way to figure that out.....would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks....looking forward to being a part of the forum

FI

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Performance Package was offered on the 2017 and 1018 models.
The easiest way to tell is to look for the slotted front brake disks. (Unless the ceramic brakes were optioned.)
There is also a (carbon-fiber look) sticker on the engine cover designating an exclusive power kit.
Other than that, you can't see much difference until you drive one.
The "PP" is essentially a GTS with more horsepower.

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed the MBRP axle back exhaust over the weekend.....sounds absolutely awesome (especially when using the paddle shifters) and its sounding even better after putting some miles on it.....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The Performance Package was offered on the 2017 and 1018 models.
The easiest way to tell is to look for the slotted front brake disks. (Unless the ceramic brakes were optioned.)
There is also a (carbon-fiber look) sticker on the engine cover designating an exclusive power kit.
Other than that, you can't see much difference until you drive one.
The "PP" is essentially a GTS with more horsepower.
I think the 1018 model came with dual horses. They were into sharpened hub caps then. Optional brakes were nautical and looked like anchors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts