Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Tried an Iphone 11 pro max (same size) in one of the phone holders in a 2020 S on the lot (which didn't have wireless charging) before ordering and it was a tight fight but worked.

SA told us that the wireless charging phone holder would be the same size so we ended up ordering that option. Can let you know in a couple weeks when it arrives.

EDIT: Phone name
You are the best thank you.

I have just sent my SA an email asking about this and if he will have a car at the dealership that I can test this out when I go up to see the Mamba Green in person.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and fits in there [2020 Macan Turbo]. Though the phone gets pretty hot if any time of consequence in the "smart compartment". This slows the wireless charging down a good bit. My desktop wireless charger has a fan and keeps the phone cool this allows for quicker charging.
All phones get hot when using an inductive charger, I doubt heat is slowing the charging down that much.

What I have read though is the inductive charger in the Macan is more of a "maintenance" charger (i.e. slow) designed to just maintain the phones original charge level when using Apple CarPlay or streaming music. The salesman at Mercedes Benz said the same thing to my wife this past Friday while explaining the inductive charger in her new 2020 GLC43 coupe.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and fits in there [2020 Macan Turbo]. Though the phone gets pretty hot if any time of consequence in the "smart compartment". This slows the wireless charging down a good bit. My desktop wireless charger has a fan and keeps the phone cool this allows for quicker charging.
Thanks for this info! Glad to see that my phone will fit.

Have you noticed if your cell phone strength/quality of your phone calls is better while the phone is in the magical compartment? That is really why I would even get this compartment is to boost the cell phone strength since I have now added the thermal & noise glass to my build. I am good with using the old fashioned cord to charge if and when the phone needs to be charged.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that the new smartphone compartment will charge one of the new models that are 5G capable? There is speculation that the new iPhone(s) coming out this fall will be 5G capable.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that the new smartphone compartment will charge one of the new models that are 5G capable? There is speculation that the new iPhone(s) coming out this fall will be 5G capable.
A phone having 5G capability has nothing to do with it's inductive charging abilities. Two different things....

If the new iPhone coming out this Fall has inductive charging, it will work in the Macan with the inductive charging option.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts