Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 S with the regular steel suspension. It has 50k miles and has developed a bad clunk from the rear. I bought it cpo in 2018 and never felt the ride was as good as it should be. I just replaced the rear shocks and will be doing the fronts as well asap. However, just replacing the rears has completely resolved the clunk and made it ride like a new car.
Two dealers told me it drove fine and would not need shocks at such a low mileage. Trust your gut, get new shocks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2015 S with the regular steel suspension. It has 50k miles and has developed a bad clunk from the rear. I bought it cpo in 2018 and never felt the ride was as good as it should be. I just replaced the rear shocks and will be doing the fronts as well asap. However, just replacing the rears has completely resolved the clunk and made it ride like a new car.
Two dealers told me it drove fine and would not need shocks at such a low mileage. Trust your gut, get new shocks!
Hi Scott, what kind of shock did you buy?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I got the fronts done as well. It is a completely different car and handles so much better now.

One thing I learned is that you should definitely replace the caliper bolts when performing a brake job. I believe the dealer skipped this when doing brakes as part of the CPO process. Even with only 15k miles since that brake job, the caliper bolts were basically welded to the knuckle and one had to be cut off on the passenger side. Even if the bolts can be removed the corrosion destroy the threads meaning it needs to be repaired with something like a helicoil or replaced entirely ($400+).

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I might suggest if the fronts get replaced you have an alignment. How are the tires? Good tread? If they’re close, I’d try to get everything done at the same time. And make sure you tell them you want documentation before/after alignment is done. Like attached.

Attachments

Reactions: Davin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts