Porsche Macan Forum banner

New Service Campaign for Macan TPMS

5K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  muncie 
#1 ·
I took my 2021 GTS in for its first oil change today and inquired about the known TPMS problems for early 2021 Macans.

The SA told me there is a new campaign for this. She said the number was WMK8 and was titled "Replacing Wheel Electronics". It came our this month (January 4th, I think she said), it's 36 pages long, and could mean any number of different things for your Macan (new TPMS sensors at one, two, three or all four corners, etc.). She said that for my Macan, the service would mean replacing all four TPMS (I guess based on my VIN?).

I'll see if I can get more info when I pick my car back up.

Also - no surprise to most folks - Michelin tires are on backorder, in general, she said. She's been waiting since mid-November for a single tire for a Cayenne (Latitude Tour HP). They weren't having a problem with the usual other brands.

#2 ·
I took my 2021 GTS in for its first oil change today and inquired about the known TPMS problems for early 2021 Macans.

The SA told me there is a new campaign for this. She said the number was WMK8 and was titled "Replacing Wheel Electronics". It came our this month (January 4th, I think she said), it's 36 pages long, and could mean any number of different things for your Macan (new TPMS sensors at one, two, three or all four corners, etc.). She said that for my Macan, the service would mean replacing all four TPMS (I guess based on my VIN?).

I'll see if I can get more info when I pick my car back up.

Also - no surprise to most folks - Michelin tires are on backorder, in general, she said. She's been waiting since mid-November for a single tire for a Cayenne (Latitude Tour HP). They weren't having a problem with the usual other brands.
FWIW, TireRack has Pirelli Scorpions in stock. In a few ways a better tire than the Tour HP (a W speed rating + a little better snow performance)

#4 ·
I have the Tour HP's, and my wife's 2019 Cayenne S has the Pirelli's. Her previous Cayenne (2014) ran the Tour HP's as well. As compared to the one set on her current car, we prefer the handling of the Tour HP's. They are quieter, too. We have no real complaints about the Pirelli's, we just like the Michelin's better.

#6 ·
Since the purchase of our 2021 Macan GTS, we have had three (3) different TPMS errors that could not be cleared via the reset feature under the "vehicle/settings" option. The last time, Porsche had to order a new control module from Germany. A week ago, we had another TPMS code and notified the dealership. When checking in, the dealership mentioned that a recall on the TPMS issue had just been issued and would take care of it. All four (4) TPMS sensors were replaced in the tires, so just letting everyone know, there is a recall happening right now to resolve this issue. Fingers crossed.
Jamie

#7 ·
Got my car back and all is well. The acid test, which I performed, is to go into your tire settings and re-select what you already have on the car. This will force the car to relearn your TPMS sensors. If your car doesn’t learn the sensors, and instead throws an error on the MFD, then you still have a problem. I am happy to report that, for the first time ever, my car has automatically learned the TPMS sensors.

Note: If you car is cold, this will take up to 20 minutes to resolve.

#11 ·
Please point me to another thread. We go from single digit temps, to over 100, I have twin turbos, a GPF, and 0W-40 is listed as applicable for this engine for the C40 spec (and meant for engines with a GPF). But I’m always willing to listen and learn.
Font Number Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.