Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Phil from Fabspeed here. We have just released a new product for the Macan s and turbo. We have CATBYPASS DOWNPIPES they have been a while in the making and will add a visceral sound to your Macan.
Replaces the restrictive factory catalytic converters with much less restrictive straight-through pipes for maximum flow and performance >:D

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the pipes.
Macan S / Turbo Catbypass Downpipes - Fabspeed Motorsport

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello all,
Phil from Fabspeed here. We have just released a new product for the Macan s and turbo. We have CATBYPASS DOWNPIPES they have been a while in the making and will add a visceral sound to your Macan.
Replaces the restrictive factory catalytic converters with much less restrictive straight-through pipes for maximum flow and performance

Phil have you done an install of these and a dyno. I have no doubt it will open up additional horespower but the ease of install is what i wonder about. When my car was at the shop yesterday we took a brief look and saw 3 bolts where it attaches to mid pipe and a vband clamp up top. Not sure how accessible it is from the engine bay to be honest.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello all,
Replaces the restrictive factory catalytic converters with much less restrictive straight-through pipes for maximum flow and performance >:D

Years ago the catalytic converters on a pick up truck of mine failed/wore out. Until new ones came into the muffler shop they removed the cats and put a temporary pipe in place. Wow did I love the increased HP and more rumbly sound. I wanted to leave it that way but the shop owner said he was obligated by law to restore the original parts. Since he already had my money I was reluctant to just walk away and so had the work competed back to ho hum ordinary performance.

Does your product do something like my truck experience?

·
Supporting Vendor
897 Posts
Phil have you done an install of these and a dyno. I have no doubt it will open up additional horespower but the ease of install is what i wonder about. When my car was at the shop yesterday we took a brief look and saw 3 bolts where it attaches to mid pipe and a vband clamp up top. Not sure how accessible it is from the engine bay to be honest.
It is not an easy install. A job for a trained technician. You either have to loosen motor mounts and remove the steering rack or go ahead and lower the engine completely. It's not a huge deal for a shop to do but not something that would be a Saturday afternoon job in your driveway. I'd say it's probably one of the more advanced aftermarket jobs on this vehicle. Porsche has massive catalysts on the factory downpipes and gave very little clearance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Downpipes are nice but a Cobb Protune tailored specifically for DP's with an PSE or OEM exhaust would be best. Any Dyno's?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was told by my Porsche tech guy that removing the OEM Downpipes and replacing it with a catless will cause decreased back pressure to the point of over heating the turbos... I really wanna go Catless but still holding off because of what my tech told me. Someone please verify the information and prove me wrong :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im sorry but your Porsche tech guy has no idea of what hes talking about. Backpreassure is the enemy of a turbo charger. A free flowing exaust is exactly what a turbo a needs. Maybe he was alluding to running the turbos outside of their efficiency range but thats not brought on by the addition of catless down pipes.

I was told by my Porsche tech guy that removing the OEM Downpipes and replacing it with a catless will cause decreased back pressure to the point of over heating the turbos... I really wanna go Catless but still holding off because of what my tech told me. Someone please verify the information and prove me wrong

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replaces the restrictive Porsche Macan factory catalytic converters with much less restrictive straight-through pipes for maximum flow, gutsy sound and performance

FEATURES

• Fits all Porsche Macan S 3.0L /GTS/ Macan Twin Turbo 3.6L vehicles worldwide 2014-2018. Does Not Fit Macan 2.0 Liter Turbo Models.
  • Increases throttle response, decreases turbo spool time, and provides a significant increase in sound
  • Fabspeed's Primary Catbypass Downpipes replace the restrictive factory catalytic converters.
  • Direct bolt-on replacement for the heavy factory OEM stock catalytic converters
  • Constructed from T304L stainless steel. Fabspeed 1st company in the World to design and offer Catbaypass pipes/downpipes for Porsche Macan cars!
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
  • Recommended for track and off-road use only not legal in California (NOTE: It the purchaser's responsibility to verify legality and compliance in their region.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts