Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, we're proud to announce our tuning suite for the 2019+ Macan S. We will be announcing additional tuning options (GTS/Turbo) soon. Along with results from our soon to be released downpipe and turbo kit with Stage 2/3 numbers.

We picked up significant power with an extremely conservative tuning profile. Below our some dyno results. I wanted to note, we ran out of time on the dyno and the last dyno run would fix that area where there's a power drop. We had to adjust some timing back on the street and couldn't get back to the dyno before we had to begin the turbo upgrade kit (have a client's vehicle we tested this on). So rest assure, the tune will make slightly higher numbers and also keep boost at a very modest/safe increase.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great. Thank you for posting actual results.
Absolutely, we'll get another dyno run on the next one we tune locally (we rent time from a nearby dyno). We had to move on to installing a turbo on this one so unfortunately we couldn't get finalized numbers in time.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you can't duck the dealer issue pertaining to They knowing you modified the ECU?
If they dug around, they could understand it has been flashed. No way around that but generally a dealer isn't going to be looking around ECU logs unless there's some sort of major issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Folks always raise the dealer issue. I've always wondered what would incentivize a dealer to try to void a warranty. Maybe there is a reason people know of that I haven't thought about, but if a dealer voids your warranty, they'll make you really upset and less likely to deal with them. Plus, more importantly, when they do warranty work they get paid directly from Porsche and don't have to worry about any collection issues (i.e. someone can't/won't pay for certain work). I could see if something catastrophic happened, maybe Porsche gets involved and studies the ECU, but, if that happened, even if you could flash the ECU back, they'd see what happened in the logs. And while that's a risk, it seems like a very unlikely one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I am curious if any 2019+ S owners have done the Flat 6 ECU flash and how your experience has been with regular service visits and if you've had any issues or questions from the dealer? I really want to do this tune and avoid the piggyback tune install, I've had JB4 previously and it's a bit of a pain to install and uninstall, etc. I really wish there was support for an OBD2 flash but seems as though Flat 6 is the next best option.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this is an older thread but I am curious if any 2019+ S owners have done the Flat 6 ECU flash and how your experience has been with regular service visits and if you've had any issues or questions from the dealer? I really want to do this tune and avoid the piggyback tune install, I've had JB4 previously and it's a bit of a pain to install and uninstall, etc. I really wish there was support for an OBD2 flash but seems as though Flat 6 is the next best option.
I'll defer to other folks, but we have tuned several who have gone in for service without issue. I'm not sure the PIWIS software that the dealer uses can show anything. We're always happy to restore the factory file for free but obviously some logistics with the ECU having to be sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts