Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
If you had this leak and Porsche repaired it, does anyone know if they just end up using the same aluminum bolts or did they switch to steel?
Yes, they use the same bolts. Had mine done under warranty in April of 2019 and now it's leaking again with one broken bolt head appearing in the belly pan during my last oil change. This should have been a major recall long ago. Porsche is fully aware of the issue but has chosen to fix under warranty. I give them credit for stepping up but utilizing the same material that's prone to failure is a lame way to go. Was hoping the latest sheared of bolt would be up high on the cover where it would be accessible but no such luck. Next to impossible to see where it came from without tearing it apart. Not fun!!

· Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Yes, they use the same bolts. Had mine done under warranty in April of 2019 and now it's leaking again with one broken bolt head appearing in the belly pan during my last oil change. This should have been a major recall long ago. Porsche is fully aware of the issue but has chosen to fix under warranty. I give them credit for stepping up but utilizing the same material that's prone to failure is a lame way to go. Was hoping the latest sheared of bolt would be up high on the cover where it would be accessible but no such luck. Next to impossible to see where it came from without tearing it apart. Not fun!!
What a result. When my warranty was reaching the end, I opted for an extended warranty. Without it, I would have sold the car. That is a real lousy position to be put in as a car owner. Porsche failed big time.

· Registered
2018 Porsche Macan S
19 Posts
If you had this leak and Porsche repaired it, does anyone know if they just end up using the same aluminum bolts or did they switch to steel?
Update to my leak, I actually have both of the leaks 🥲 from what the dealer told me, ( luckily I listened to the people on forums and got extended warranty, otherwise $3k. My warranty cost was $4.3k) also I Asked him about the bolts and he said they use new and improved aluminum bolts.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts