Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now offering a turnkey solution to address the leaking timing cover issue on the 95B.1 Macan (S / GTS / Turbo) 15-18. This kit utilizes OEM parts and a Porsche approved repair method. This will save anyone out of warranty thousands of dollars. We include all the necessary parts and detailed instructions. This can be a DIY job for those who are pretty used to working on cars. Otherwise, I'd recommend taking it to an independent shop. It's straightforward just a little bit of a pain due to where the bolts are and if the broken bolt doesn't thread out, you have to use some mechanic tricks! This only applies to the V6 (3.0/3.6L) twin turbo engine suffering from oil leaks coming from the timing cover bolts (very common issue).

Automotive tire Gesture Font Logo Symbol

Product Details

The weaker aluminum bolts are prone to breaking with the vibration and forces of the engine leading to oil leaks from the 95B.1 V6 Macan models. Fortunately, there's a simple solution to address this issue without dropping the engine and spending thousands of dollars to repair. This is a Porsche approved repair process regarding the oil leak issue. We developed a kit to ensure your timing cover bolts won't break and seep oil once replaced. We utilize the upgraded OEM stainless steel bolts and washers to replace the failure-prone aluminum bolts.

Features
  • Simple and cost effective solution
  • Save thousands of dollars
  • Porsche approved repair process
  • OEM Porsche upgraded parts
  • Detailed install guide included
Installation

Installation of the Flat 6 Motorsports Leaking Timing Cover Solution is straightforward and can be done in about 2-3 hours by a qualified technician.

· Registered
4,476 Posts
If your Porsche dealer is customer friendly and they treat you as they should they will most likely cover this issue even if your Macan is outside warranty. I got mine fully covered by my dealer 2 years after my warranty expired.

Reactions: mdubya

· Supporting Vendor
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@[email protected] , awesome kit and instructions.
The million dollar question......would you replace these as a prevention item on a Macan that was not leaking ??
Good question, you don't need to but it wouldn't hurt. It would certainly save a little hassle depending on where/how the bolt breaks. It's a fairly common problem but might never become an issue for some.

· Supporting Vendor
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will this help if the car just started to leak? I just had my 40 K service and the technician found leaking oil…
Yes, if it's leaking from the timing cover screws, I'd address it. The aluminum bolts tend to just crack in one place but the older the crack is, the possibility it will be harder to extract.

· Registered
2018 Porsche Macan S
19 Posts
Yes, if it's leaking from the timing cover screws, I'd address it. The aluminum bolts tend to just crack in one place but the older the crack is, the possibility it will be harder to extract.
How many bolts are needed? How can you tell if it's the timing cover leak? I have an indy shop where I get work done occasionally, id want to order these bolts and have him do it. I got the car back from the shop on 10/11. they performed the 40k service and said it's starting to leak, I asked them, and they said needs a new gasket seal, etc... but does it really?I thought it was just the bolts. See the attached video I filmed today..

· Supporting Vendor
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many bolts are needed? How can you tell if it's the timing cover leak?
There's no way for me to tell from that video. It should be fairly obvious from looking at it. All valve cover gaskets will leak eventually but I haven't heard that being an issue at that mileage. I'd just trace where the oil is coming from. If it's leaking from the bolts it will come from the bolt or out of the seat where the bolt sits. If it's coming from the valve cover, you'll see seepage from the valve cover gasket.

· Registered
2018 Porsche Macan S
19 Posts
There's no way for me to tell from that video. It should be fairly obvious from looking at it. All valve cover gaskets will leak eventually but I haven't heard that being an issue at that mileage. I'd just trace where the oil is coming from. If it's leaking from the bolts it will come from the bolt or out of the seat where the bolt sits. If it's coming from the valve cover, you'll see seepage from the valve cover gasket.

Do you guys have anything for the valve cover gasket bolts? because these are only for TCC

· Registered
4,096 Posts
All valve covers leak eventually? Really? Been literally under the hood of many (thousands) cars over the last 63 years and I don’t agree with your general assessment. But, that’s me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts