Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, thank you everyone in the forum!
A ton of information in the forum was a great help for me to choose my first Porsche.

Just ordered the MY22 Macan base with Miami Blue, Panoramic Roof, Traffic Jam Assist and some more.
Not heavily loaded as I am expecting to trade it in for the Macan EV in a few years time.

So tempted to choose S, especially with the new engine, wheel designs, free Metallic colours and the standard Bose sound, but ended up with the base.
(my SA also advised to save it for the next EV)

Secured a Sep 21 allocation for (hopefully) late Dec 21 delivery.

I am glad that I was able to choose Miami Blue, as it was speculated the colour would not be available for MY22.

Now, is Ceramic Coating a must?
Should I prepare anything before the delivery, apart from being patient?

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS & 2015 Cayman GTS (Carmine Red)
46 Posts
Congrats! Should be one heck of a Christmas Present!

Personally I've chosen to move away from ceramic coating for my Macan - similar to you I'm planning on an upgrade in 2-3 years, and also there are a whole host of DIY spray sealants now available that are easy to apply (albeit they need reapplication on a regular basis, but if you like washing your car that isn't really an issue).

Good luck with the wait - just settle in and enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Opti Coat pro the best investment I’ve done. Porsche paint seems to mar easily from bird droppings. Had my car done 9 months ago and already dodged a bullet with its self healing properties. Well worth the investment especially if it’s a dark color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Should be one heck of a Christmas Present!

Personally I've chosen to move away from ceramic coating for my Macan - similar to you I'm planning on an upgrade in 2-3 years, and also there are a whole host of DIY spray sealants now available that are easy to apply (albeit they need reapplication on a regular basis, but if you like washing your car that isn't really an issue).

Good luck with the wait - just settle in and enjoy the ride!
Thanks! Do you recommend any spray sealants available in Australia?
More than happy to wash the car myself more than needed. Lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opti Coat pro the best investment I’ve done. Porsche paint seems to mar easily from bird droppings. Had my car done 9 months ago and already dodged a bullet with its self healing properties. Well worth the investment especially if it’s a dark color.
Does it definitely give a more shiny look?
I found Opti Coat Pro and Ceramic Pro is popular here in Australia with a price range of $1k - $2k AUD, depending on detailers.
Did you have to maintain it specifically after the coating?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Once allocated, get the reference number for your transport ship and tease yourself daily watching it travel half way around the world. 😁

Did your SA say when the EV will be available here? I'm looking myself (that interior refresh really stands out) and trying to hold off until the EV is available.

The paint is quite soft and chips easily so some form of coating is definitely recommended.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone been able to rangle a discount? Between a S and base and need to lock in tomorrow. Best I can get is tinting mats and bootliner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ditto ....I’ve had Opti Coat Pro+ applied to all my cars over the last 5-6 years. Porsche’s & BMW’s mainly. Highly recommend the protection and easier cleaning process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks -Now I don’t feel so bad. How much is the Opti Coat? Maybe try and get dealer to though it in :)
I’ve always used Dan’s Garage (SE Melbourne) ~$1,500 which included full paint correction prior to Ceramic coating. No disrespect to the dealership, I go with an endorsed Ceramic coating professional. Also worth coating the wheels in ceramic. Added benefit with the new model is the included PSCB package which was previously a $5-6K option by memory. PSCB significantly reduces brake dust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone been able to rangle a discount? Between a S and base and need to lock in tomorrow. Best I can get is tinting mats and bootliner.
Guess I will chime in as I just ordered my Base '22 yesterday. I got 3% off my build so if anyone wants an SA here in AZ, just shoot me a message.
My build was ~60K with a late Dec/Jan 22 delivery

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guess I will chime in as I just ordered my Base '22 yesterday. I got 3% off my build so if anyone wants an SA here in AZ, just shoot me a message.
My build was ~60K with a late Dec/Jan 22 delivery
Wow thats a good deal and your getting an early delivery. I settled on a S with November build so probably Feb/ March delivery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After hours of playing around with the configurator and specs for Base & S, I’ve decided to switch my order from Base to S!
Considering my next cars after this one will likely be all EV, it would be the last chance to taste the v6 engine.

The allocation has been pushed back to Oct from Sep due to the change, with expected delivery in Jan/Feb, but I believe it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After hours of playing around with the configurator and specs for Base & S, I’ve decided to switch my order from Base to S!
Considering my next cars after this one will likely be all EV, it would be the last chance to taste the v6 engine.

The allocation has been pushed back to Oct from Sep due to the change, with expected delivery in Jan/Feb, but I believe it will be worth the wait.
Congratulations! I did the same! moved from a base to a Macan S as I decided this will probably be my last ICE. Agreed price with SA on Friday and will do paperwork on Monday ( lockdown in Sydney). What is your spec ? Current indication is November build so Q1 2022 delivery.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
For 2022MY the Base to S is a big jump in power (4.6 sec new S vs. 5.1 sec old S 0-60 time) as the new S is like the previous GTS. However, the new Base is a small bump of power over the old Base (6 vs. 6.2 sec 0-60 time).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations! I did the same! moved from a base to a Macan S as I decided this will probably be my last ICE. Agreed price with SA on Friday and will do paperwork on Monday ( lockdown in Sydney). What is your spec ? Current indication is November build so Q1 2022 delivery.
My specs are quite simple, with Papaya Metallic, Panoramic Roof, "Exterior package in exterior colour", Traffic Jam Assist and a little more.
Only had white or black cars in the past, so wanted to try something different! :)

Do you recommend any insurance company in Australia? Is NRMA the best?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My specs are quite simple, with Papaya Metallic, Panoramic Roof, "Exterior package in exterior colour", Traffic Jam Assist and a little more.
Only had white or black cars in the past, so wanted to try something different! :)

I’ve always used MB Insurance with all my Porsche’s

·
Registered
63 Posts

Thats a nice spec. I would have gone for Carmine red, but it would have made it too expensive (and no discount for the premuim colours notwithstanding metallic is standard on the S ). I also didn’t go overboard - Gentian Blue with Mojave Beige interior, ACC, panoramic roof. Wasn’t sure if I would use the Traffic Jam assist so went with the ACC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts