Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
| 2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Macan with the sport edition package. I decided to get the front bumper retrofitted with the standard OEM 2019+ Porsche splitter… looked great added that more aggressive look. But then, through Instagram and forums, found this amazing splitter, fits right over the OEM Porsche splitter and wow does it make the front end way more aggressive. Little bit of more detailer, plastic trim restorer and it will look deep and rich in color.

Link: TA-Style Front Lip (Urethane) Fits 19-21 Porsche Macan 95B.2 (Base / S) | eBay

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wonder if this will work WITHOUT the existing splitter?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks interesting, really changes the look of the front.

Is it just black plastic or painted body colored

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks interesting, really changes the look of the front.

Is it just black plastic or painted body colored
just black plastic, can be painted

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wonder if this will work WITHOUT the existing splitter?
Sadly no, need existing OEM splitter that comes on the 2019 + models. This is a shell that the OEM slips into this splitter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard the one currently avialable does nothing for aerodynamics and its a PIA to install.
PIA for sure had a local shop install it, the splitter that goes over it took 10 min to install.
But you’re right it doesn’t add any aerodynamic but makes front end way more aggressive

Reactions: windblow

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
PIA for sure had a local shop install it, the splitter that goes over it took 10 min to install.
But you’re right it doesn’t add any aerodynamic but makes front end way more aggressive
I like it a lot, especially to cover the ugly Porsche splitter!

Reactions: 18MacanSportEdition

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sadly no, need existing OEM splitter that comes on the 2019 + models. This is a shell that the OEM slips into this splitter.
Someone, without a splitter, will purchase this splitter and fab a way to install it. Waiting on this person to post instructions so that I can decide whether to buy one or not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone, without a splitter, will purchase this splitter and fab a way to install it. Waiting on this person to post instructions so that I can decide whether to buy one or not.
Im guessing I’m the person as I posted the original post. This splitter slides over the OEM splitter and is screwed in with the same holes and screw as the OEM.

take New splitter slide it over OEM splitter and screw in

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
9 Posts
Maybe someone could make one out of CF? That would be very cool if the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im guessing I’m the person as I posted the original post. This splitter slides over the OEM splitter and is screwed in with the same holes and screw as the OEM.

take New splitter slide it over OEM splitter and screw in
There's got to be a way to do it without needing the OEM splitter. I bet this thing can be affix to the existing bumper without the splitter if a little bit of creativity is involved. I'm almost willing to pull the trigger to try it for myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's got to be a way to do it without needing the OEM splitter. I bet this thing can be affix to the existing bumper without the splitter if a little bit of creativity is involved. I'm almost willing to pull the trigger to try it for myself.
That was my point in my prior post. I am waiting for someone ( without the spoiler) to fab an attachment and then figure out how to make it work on a 2017 model.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so this splitter is a empty shell. As in It needs to slide into/onto a piece for it to actually hold its weight. It’s not thick solid ABS plastic like the OEM splitter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts