Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a 2020 Macan Turbo and should be picking it up in about a week. The ship just docked in San Diego today. For those who are interested here is the build: Macan Turbo Mamba Green Metallic Natural Leather Interior in Espresso Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black Adaptive Air Suspension incl. PASM Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) Heated Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel 21' 911 Turbo Design Wheels Interior Trim in High Gloss Black SportDesign Exterior Mirrors in High Gloss Black LED Headlights incl. PDLS+ Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) Smoking Package Window Trim in High Gloss Black Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass Premium Package Plus. As a side note, had to buy outside Seattle area because the Bellevue Porsche dealership cannot be trusted. They ruined my friends car upon delivery and lied to me about options and Turbo availability so I would buy a car off their lot.

My question involves the ACC. There are write-ups about this car that say traffic jam assist is included if you have the other electronics such as ACC and LKA. And it's obviously included in the european build (take a look at the British website). I'm wondering why it's not part of the north american Macan. Maybe it's just turned off due to regulations and can be programmed back on by someone who is savvy with automobile programming. Anyone know if this is possible? Also, I'm wondering if there are any dealer add-ons worth buying when I take delivery? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My main problem with Bellevue Porsche if their total lack of dealing for a purchase. I imported my car after ordering from PA. Their service has been great so far. As my car is an '18 this might not match what your ACC does. It will control the car all the way down to the point of full stop. Once traffic moves I just tap the accelerator and I am back in business.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
@KC20 congratulations on your new Turbo on the way and welcome to the group. I can’t wait to see pictures once you get her. I have a Mamba GTS on order so as I wait I am living through others who have gotten their new cars.

Sorry I can’t help you with your first question about ACC, but this thread below is a great thread to read about what you might be able to expect at delivery day. You have given me food for thought about reading more about traffic jam assist. On the new one I only ordered ACC, and didn’t add the LKA, so now I am wondering if I need to add it in. I had LKA on my last one and it drove me nuts so thats why I didn’t put it on this build.

·
Super Moderator
2,038 Posts
See:

NOTE: One of the posters in the included thread stated the feature does not appear in the US Porsche Configurator.
If that remains correct, then it will not be present in your US-bound Macan...

Also - a brief review in what appears to be a Chinese site:

As with all of these driver assist options, responsibility remains with the vehicle's operator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roof Rails?
No thanks. Hitch will carry what I need. Also, I have a truck. It’s been 24 hours and still no complaints about my color choice... Ha.

Oh well, I will have to revisit the traffic jam assist issue at a later time... maybe once the refresh Macan has been around for another year and the tech people have some time to look into these things. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
No thanks. Hitch will carry what I need. Also, I have a truck. It’s been 24 hours and still no complaints about my color choice... Ha.

Oh well, I will have to revisit the traffic jam assist issue at a later time... maybe once the refresh Macan has been around for another year and the tech people have some time to look into these things. Thanks for the replies.
LOL!!! Color choice as you described is a choice. I would never by a Mamba Green car myself but appreciate that others like it. All it matters is that you enjoy it in good health. It is a fantastic car no matter what color it is.

Reactions: JRB

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have ordered a Mamba Green GTS but will not get here for months and months so...can't wait to see pictures of your Macan, and also to see how that interior looks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have ordered a Mamba Green GTS but will not get here for months and months so...can't wait to see pictures of your Macan, and also to see how that interior looks.
I don't have a degree in Fine Arts, but google is your friend. A quick search and (Colors) indicates a strong likelihood that Mamba Green Metallic will pair nicely with Natural Leather in Espresso (as complementary colors). The full leather espresso works great with my Sapphire Blue Metallic. See Pictures forum. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it. I just posted recent pics of exterior/interior. You'll love the car for how it drives as much as you love the colors. Who cares what anyone else thinks!

Reactions: wspollack and KC20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will 100% post pictures. Hopefully soon.

The Porsche car buying experience was more similar to BMW than I would have guessed. I used the same painless strategy that I've used for BMW in the past. Email two sales associates at every dealership within 500 miles with the exact build and ask them for their best price. Pit the two lowest against one another and see how low I can push them. Some BMW dealers don't even respond to this tactic but I at least received a reply from all the Porsche guys. I was able to go back and forth a few more times with BMW than Porsche dealers but in the end, I'm more or less happy with the price and saved an extra 1% by purchasing the car in a county with slightly lower sales taxes. One interesting point that was clearly different: Once I settled on a price, Porsche then said they would have to trade an allocation with another dealership to get my car. That process took about 10 days during which I wasn't exactly a happy camper. I did feel a bit swindled but in the end the sales rep was honest (going forward) and he did get me the best deal after all. Obviously BMW makes many more cars, about x10 I believe so that was never an issue with BMW. Other difference of note is that the local Porsche dealership (Bellevue, WA) wouldn't even talk to me about purchasing a Turbo. They said it cannot be had anywhere in the USA, period. 'Now let's take a look at the cars we have in stock.' And by the way 'Air suspension is a waste of money.' Turns out they didn't have many cars with that option. Porsche buyers around here obviously have more money than brains, otherwise the dealer would not stick to this sales plan. Well.... In the end, it's just business so we shouldn't take it personally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a degree in Fine Arts, but google is your friend. A quick search and (Colors) indicates a strong likelihood that Mamba Green Metallic will pair nicely with Natural Leather in Espresso (as complementary colors). The full leather espresso works great with my Sapphire Blue Metallic. See Pictures forum. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it. I just posted recent pics of exterior/interior. You'll love the car for how it drives as much as you love the colors. Who cares what anyone else thinks!
Ya. I was thinking they would complement each other well. Other side of the coin: when you are inside the car, you can't see the outside.. and when you are outside, you can't see the inside. And who spends much time staring into the car from the outside..... Ok don't answer that... probably many Porsche owners obsessed with their car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That will be a beautiful Macan and it is loaded. The only thing I like, as options go, are the all weather floor mats as well as the cargo mat and clear-bra on the front end. I had my entire hood wrapped, front bumper, headlights, DRL, front fenders, mirror backs, door handle cups, door edges, rear bumper step area, and the rockers from the side blades down.

Yeah, it's a lot but if you don't like it just peel it off. I have a great hook-up so it was cheap. Probably $1,500 otherwise. The nice thing is if you keep the clear bra clean and waxed, like the rest of the Man, you can't really tell it is there. Also makes me fell better about driving it as it really minimizes rock chips.

I have my DD, an Audi S3 with 63K miles on it and the front end looks like new thanks to the clear bra. Good luck and enjoy your Macan Turbo.

Reactions: Digs

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because you asked, here are some pictures. I also included some interesting info on what you are paying for if you order a 2020 Macan Turbo. You get a lot of options... most are very nice options but some are clearly not worth the money. The upgraded engine is in a sense free of charge since the option list below added to the 2020 Macan S is very close in price to the 2020 Macan Turbo. I believe the same holds true for the GTS.

The Mamba Green looks best (in my opinion) in low to moderate lighting. It's very eye catching and bright in the sun.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Enjoy. Have any mods in mind? PPF? Ceramics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enjoy. Have any mods in mind? PPF? Ceramics?
Not really interested in MODS. I like the car the way it is. Maybe a laser jam or radar detector. I usually get a light tint but that's pretty much been covered by the window upgrade option. With regards to PPF: In my experience, the paint of a well taken care of car doesn't start looking beat up from a distance until well over 100K. If you have people inspecting a car close up, then the PPF makes sense. Might make it easier to sell later on if there are no rock chips. Other than that, I don't see the point. I get why people feel better with insurance, protection, guns and the like... I just won't stare at the front of my car up close... saves me 1-2K.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
In Houston it is foolish not to get PPF. Example: my wife's former car was a '13 C63 coupe w/AMG DevPkg. Driving up Hwy288, a piece of BRICK went through the right front headlight. $1,000 to repair out of our pocket. OE was $2,000 for a new one. For me personally, for what we've paid for our car habits, we have to protect them here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In Houston it is foolish not to get PPF. Example: my wife's former car was a '13 C63 coupe w/AMG DevPkg. Driving up Hwy288, a piece of BRICK went through the right front headlight. $1,000 to repair out of our pocket. OE was $2,000 for a new one. For me personally, for what we've paid for our car habits, we have to protect them here.
Yes. That’s very understandable. We have the same type of corridors here such as I-5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts