Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
If it's inspected and addressed under warranty properly it should minimize the risk right? Otherwise why would anyone buy a car with that much uncertainty? Sure it drives great, but if you want to "be connected to the road" you can buy a sport bike for under $5000 and have a far better experience. :)
I'd rather be in Macan S than in $5000 bike. I also wouldn't trust previous owner as much as I trust me. I bought my car from a guy who was relatively OCD but he was not a DIY kind of guy, and because Porsche dealerships are instructed not to disclose TCC leak and he's never been under the car I had to address it on my own. The only person I would be confident buying a car from is me. :ROFLMAO:

There are examples of both in this forum. Those members no longer post. I do remember when they had the problems.
That's just survivor ship bias. I tried googling macan bore scoring and got very few results, i tried googling macan thermostat issue and got very few results. The only major issues are TCC, transfer case and mechatronic. The rest are possible but probability is way lower.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.