Porsche Macan Forum banner

New member ‘17 Macan GTS

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  FAST 
#1 ·
New member here. Appreciate all the info on the forum. Been enjoying my 2017 GTS for just over a year now. Using it as a daily driver for my commute to work in Canada.

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome fellow Canadian! I'm also a '17 GTS owner. Please tell us a little about your ride - colour, options, etc.

In the regional forums I hope to start sharing info on good local repair shops, tuner shops and places to get parts. If interested, Porsche Club of America / Upper Canada Region (PCA UCR) PCA UCR – Porsche Club of America, Upper Canada Region sponsors track days and training classes, but what I most like is the sharing of tech and discount info. So far, I've managed to get a few good deals including tires and rims.

Also curious about your winter's size and brand. I run the Pirelli Scorpion Winter in 20" stock sizes . Normally these are quite good tires, but yesterday's snowfall in the GTA was unique. The snow was the light fluffy stuff, but I couldn't get ANY traction especially for braking.

#9 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome.
My GTS is volcano grey, insert in same colour, Turbo wheels, leather, GTS on headrests, all weather mats and trunk mat. A few mods bought on amazon - cupholder inserts, center console insert, red trim around dash dials and chrone trim around center cupholders.

I have Pirelli Scorpion Winters in 21” on my turbo wheels. I’ve been driving quite conservatively but still find it slips around in off road mode on snow more than what O would like. The wife has a Ford Explorer 2020 hybrid with no winters on it and while it’s obviously a much bigger and heavier vehicle it is much more sturdy in the snow. Not a fair comparison but I was expecting more from Porsche, particularly the ability to choose the power assignment to favour the front wheels more specifically. Yes, that storm in the GTA left fluffy snow and that might have made things worse though I noticed the same issues last year.
Thanks again!

#10 ·
Hi fellow GTA mates, I also have a 2017 GTS. I have a dedicated set of 19 inch winter wheel and tires with the OEM Dunlop Winter Sport 4D N-spec. Confident on these but I guess if the snow is fluffy and does not get the tires any contact with the road I'm sure any tires will slip and slide a bit even at careful speeds.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.