Porsche Macan Forum banner

New Macan model: 'Macan T'

38K views 231 replies 62 participants last post by  2am 
#1 · (Edited)
From Porsche Aus instagram:

Agile and exclusive: Introducing the first Macan T.

The Macan T is the first four-door sports car to bear the special designation. The letter T has represented a unique form of dynamic driving at Porsche since the 1960s. It stands for 'Touring' and identifies models that offer an especially authentic driving experience thanks to precise tuning, exclusive equipment and efficient engines.

The Macan T offers unique and distinct details inside and out.

Porsche consolidated the Macan lineup for 2022, replacing the Turbo with an upgraded GTS featuring the previous Turbo’s 434-horsepower twin-turbo V-6. But for 2023 Porsche is expanding the Macan arsenal again, introducing a new Macan T that will slot between the base model and the Macan S. The Macan T, like the T versions of the 718 and 911 models, aims to provide a sharper driving experience thanks to its standard performance equipment.

The 2023 Macan T—which stands for “Touring”—will be powered by the same turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four found in the base model, good for 261 hp and 295 pound-feet of torque. The engine is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and is 129 pounds lighter than the twin-turbo 2.9-liter V-6 found in the S and GTS models, which Porsche says will result in more nimble handling and better cornering. As with all Macans, the Macan T will be all-wheel-drive.

The Sport Chrono package will come standard on the Macan T, adding a driving mode switch on the steering wheel, launch control, and an analog and digital stopwatch. Porsche Active Suspension Management is also standard, and the all-wheel-drive system is tweaked for more rear-biased power delivery. Models equipped with the optional air suspension also get stiffer anti-roll bars, and the optional torque-vectoring system has also been retuned. Porsche says the Macan T will hit 60 mph in 5.8 seconds en route to a 144 mph top speed, matching the performance claims for the base model.

The Macan T is visually distinguished by exterior trim painted in Agate Grey Metallic, a black Macan T logo on the side blades, and black exhaust pipes and side window surrounds. Instead of the base Macan’s 19-inch wheels, the T rides on 20-inch Macan S wheels. Inside, the Macan T features eight-way power heated sports seats wrapped in a unique upholstery with a Porsche crest embossed in the headrest. The seats and steering wheel feature contrasting silver stitching, while the heated GT sport steering wheel is standard.

The Macan T will be available starting in early spring. Pricing won't be announced until closer to the on-sale date, but we expect it to start around $AUD US62,000.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Mid-size car Auto part

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Plant

See less See more
#3 ·
If the packaging of “driver” options results in a lower total price I am all for it! And the price gap between an S and the T should be more then with similar equipment?

#11 ·
In 2018 Porsche released a sport edition. This sounds quite similar. I have mixed feelings about the car. The first T was the 911. I liked it in the 911 because They offered the manual as well as a sports suspension and some of the options that originally cost a fortune on the base car.

By the time the option of one of these cars is going to be 70 grand. I’d rather just spend the 85 grand get the CTS and modestly option it . With the 9/11 disparity was $50,000 but with this it’s 15,000. Not enough price disparity to convince me.

#16 · (Edited)
Very clever marketing, essentially forcing a min package of options on buyers who will want a “better Macan”, probably with very little discount if any. Some of the journalists even describe It as a “value pack”. At first read, they were even able to make me feel bad for ordering the “lesser” 2022 Macan :cautious:

Reactions: Miami2022
#28 ·
Reading through the official Porsche announcement, I came across this:
Specially tuned chassis lowered by 15 millimetres or more
The Macan T is the only Porsche model to feature steel suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard, combined with the body being lowered by 15 mm. The anti-roll bars on the front axle are more rigid and the car’s chassis tuning has been optimised to create the perfect suspension for the vehicle and powertrain, resulting in very responsive steering behaviour and agile handling.
Does it mean like the Macan T sits lower by 15 mm and features a specially tuned suspension, or is it 100% marketing, and there no real difference over the base or S with PASM.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.