Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
So did you order the S without test driving?
- I put my 2K deposit down the first week, but am now waiting for the April test drive before finalizing. feel weird about buying a 60K object without first seeing/trying it out.
Technically, your deposit should be refundable, so you will get to at least test drive the car on the day of delivery before permanently handing over the money.

I have been through this process before and have always liked the car on delivery day. We all know the Macan is going to be a fine automobile too; there should be few substantive disappointments if a small SUV/crossover is what you desire.

I have to admit the Audi Q5 TDI and Audi SQ5 have been on my mind lately, too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
According to my dealer the deposit is refundable until the car goes into production - which for a May delivery (am #1 or 2 at my dealership) would be in Feb (2 months before the first test drive)
Doesn't make sense to be able to walk away from the car with my deposit after having ordered it to my specs.

Though your 'there should be few substantive disappointments if a small SUV/crossover is what you desire.' - intrigues me

As for the SQ5 - this may sound odd, but the Audi is the rational choice, it's great and does everything. But I want to throw caution to the wind, spend ~5-7k more and tell my grandkids, I owned a Porsche :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.