Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Turbo PP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Julien and I'm a Porschephile.

After a six month search with three failed attempts, I finally found my car and picked it up 10 days ago. It's a 2017 Macan Turbo PP spec'd just the way I would've had I ordered it new. This purchase is personally eventful as it marks my return to my brand, Porsche. I previously owned 8 Porsches, 7 of which were air cooled 911s. Then I lost all my money in 2008, sold the two 911s I owned at the time and haven't returned until now.

Though I'd love to own a 911, I moved to Mexico 7 years ago and live in a town with mostly cobble stone roads, lots of potholes, lots of speed bumps, and flooding every rainy season. Though I previously owned a Touareg and three Range Rover Sports SS, I'm not a fan of SUVs. But the Macan philosophy of being more of a 911 with four doors on stilts, is just perfect for me and it's proving to be so every day I spend behind the wheel.

Though I never expected to find a PP, I most definitely was searching specifically for a Turbo and feel like I won the lottery finding a PP, with 22k miles, in my desired color combo and optioned just right with carbon fiber, alcantara inserts, turbo headrest insignia and color matched seatbelts. It has all the performance options (though I'm still trying to confirm PTV+) and Expel PPF + Remus exhaust as prefect extras. Only 307 sold in the US. I can't fathom Mexico sold more than 50.

I have 3,500 posts on RL and I'm around on a couple of the Macan pages of FB but this place feels most at home. I find the technical discussions here reminiscent of my old 993 RL forum days whereas the discussion on the RL Macan forum seems less technical. Anyway, looking forward to the banter. Thank you for the add.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Hood

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
1,064 Posts
You should be able to run the vin through vin analytics to verify. Regardless, the turbo pp is the ultimate Macan, and you got a nice low mileage one, great find.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
17 Posts
Hi all. My name is Julien and I'm a Porschephile.

After a six month search with three failed attempts, I finally found my car and picked it up 10 days ago. It's a 2017 Macan Turbo PP spec'd just the way I would've had I ordered it new. This purchase is personally eventful as it marks my return to my brand, Porsche. I previously owned 8 Porsches, 7 of which were air cooled 911s. Then I lost all my money in 2008, sold the two 911s I owned at the time and haven't returned until now.

Though I'd love to own a 911, I moved to Mexico 7 years ago and live in a town with mostly cobble stone roads, lots of potholes, lots of speed bumps, and flooding every rainy season. Though I previously owned a Touareg and three Range Rover Sports SS, I'm not a fan of SUVs. But the Macan philosophy of being more of a 911 with four doors on stilts, is just perfect for me and it's proving to be so every day I spend behind the wheel.

Though I never expected to find a PP, I most definitely was searching specifically for a Turbo and feel like I won the lottery finding a PP, with 22k miles, in my desired color combo and optioned just right with carbon fiber, alcantara inserts, turbo headrest insignia and color matched seatbelts. It has all the performance options (though I'm still trying to confirm PTV+) and Expel PPF + Remus exhaust as prefect extras. Only 307 sold in the US. I can't fathom Mexico sold more than 50.

I have 3,500 posts on RL and I'm around on a couple of the Macan pages of FB but this place feels most at home. I find the technical discussions here reminiscent of my old 993 RL forum days whereas the discussion on the RL Macan forum seems less technical. Anyway, looking forward to the banter. Thank you for the add.

View attachment 248304
View attachment 248305

·
Registered
17 Turbo PP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be able to run the vin through vin analytics to verify. Regardless, the turbo pp is the ultimate Macan, and you got a nice low mileage one, great find.
Thank you much. I bought the car in Mexico and the VIN sites don't work with Mexico destination cars. No idea why but just doesn't work. They also don't have window stickers and the dealers don't have a way of checking all options. Totally bizarre.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
1,064 Posts
Thank you much. I bought the car in Mexico and the VIN sites don't work with Mexico destination cars. No idea why but just doesn't work. They also don't have window stickers and the dealers don't have a way of checking all options. Totally bizarre.
You’ve just summed up Mexico in one post. One of my absolute favorite places, but some logic just doesn’t seem to apply there. Enjoy the car, as I said that’s a great find.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congrats, but with all due respect a Macan Turbo PP is not close to a 911 for performance. Mind you the PP is a nice package and the performance is good. It's just not near a 911. You will enjoy it though, drive safe.

·
Registered
17 Turbo PP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, but with all due respect a Macan Turbo PP is not close to a 911 for performance. Mind you the PP is a nice package and the performance is good. It's just not near a 911. You will enjoy it though, drive safe.
I never said it was. I said Porsche's philosophy in creating the Macan was to build a 4dr 911 with added functionality more so than a baby Cayenne or other SUV/CUV. It doesn't mean I believe a 4,300lb off-road capable platform could ever perform like a 911. I've owned and raced several 911s and know the difference. 😉

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
....I'm still trying to confirm PTV+....
If your car has PTV+, there will be an electronic control box on the right hand side of the differential, as shown in the following pictures.

Enjoy your new TurboPP. (y)

Source: All About PTV thread

1 - 20 of 20 Posts