Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and found the discussions to be immensely helpful. I'm test driving a 2017 GTS tomorrow and plan to purchase one in the next two weeks. I live in the GTA (Toronto Area) and will be going to Pfaff. They said delivery would be May / June 2017. My questions are as follows:

1) what is a good discount from MSRP (my build is around $82,500), if any?

2) for those that own a Macan, what are your biggest regrets (things you wish you knew before building or things you wish you added)?

Thanks kindly

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Carm, Welcome to the Forum. Our American Friends have discounts but here in the Great White North, it's slim to none. Perhaps winter mats and the 1st Service at 15,000km's...the demand and wait time dictate it all. Build the right Macan for you and be patient...I just picked up mine Monday but have only driven it to the detailer a few KM's from Pfaff for PPF and Ceramic Pro 9H coating....The other Macaners on this forum will guide you with your 2nd question. Enjoy the Process and Have a Great Holiday and New Year!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response and congratulations on your new Macan. Enjoy and happy holidays!

Where did you get the coating done? Was that through Pfaff or a private shop?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
You might consider posting your porsche code so that people have a frame of reference for their suggestions; 82,500$ suggests many options, but it can also be misleading with only a few big ticket upgrades.

I have no regrets with my build, so I think with the right feedback it is entirely possible to get exactly what you want. I would have reconsidered little things like not including the rear blinds since I got the insulated glass, but I will wait until I go through a full summer before I give the final verdict on that, and in any case they do no harm being there unused.

Ceramic coating is pretty great, though. Already had one terrifying incident where a shopping cart rolled into the hood as I watched from behind the wheel, unable to do anything about it. Bounced right off, and the treatment paid for itself in a split second.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Funny thing is Pfaff didn't ask me about ANY add ons....winter wheels, Insurance, PPF etc....Guess they figured I was well informed and on top of it all? and or spent enough on options? PPF and Coating done at Private Shop....AMP Motorsports...I don't have it back yet so I cannot comment on the work, only that Joe, the Owner is very responsive, knows his stuff and cares enough to follow up with you all the time...for me that goes a very long way in giving someone business. They have done a few Macans so they know the car. I'll let you know when I get it back but I'm sure it will be perfect!

·
Registered
305 Posts
GTS was not available when I ordered my '17 about a year ago, but I would not have ordered it anyway(I have an S). Only regret was no voice command. Salesman was not aware that you had to specify VC on order sheet. I'm waiting, if ever, for factory retrofit kit like they have for 2015-16 models.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If OP is considering doing the PPF, depends on the color of your car, a partial hood coverage may not look too good. At the same time, doing a full hood with one piece is no longer can be done without having the film stretched and most of the shops will not do this anymore. A two piece film for full hood does not look good as well, IMO.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and congratulations on your new Macan. Enjoy and happy holidays!

Where did you get the coating done? Was that through Pfaff or a private shop?
Hi Carm, replied to you in the thread I posted yesterday but forgot to mention GTA in Detail (Marco and Kevin). They do great work, read up on them when it comes time for a decision.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just posted something similar in another thread.

Forget the discount, its irrelevant. This is not a 6-10% off MSRP situation where you get had if you paid list.

To put into perspective, I had more of a discount on my first order but dealer charged higher fees to do the paperwork for my sale (tax break). This actually made made my subsequent purchase at another dealer a better overall deal even though "discount" was less.

Also if you can get the car a month quicker with a different dealer, factor in a additional month of rental/depreciation while you wait and boom there goes the discount comparison. Im basically saving 5k getting the car in Jan vs June. Timing is more significant than % off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ceramic coating is pretty great, though. Already had one terrifying incident where a shopping cart rolled into the hood as I watched from behind the wheel, unable to do anything about it. Bounced right off, and the treatment paid for itself in a split second.
What type of Ceramic coating (brand)?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
What type of Ceramic coating (brand)?
Thanks
It's IGL Coatings' Kenzo, where I chose the 3 year coating. In my case, I chose it less for the brand per se than for the reputation of the person applying it, who would be maintaining the car afterwards. He has reasonable rates for home service and did an amazing job with both the relatively unscathed GTS' paint prep and with a more roughed-up M3. The (new) GTS looked incredible, much better than with mere dealer prep, and the M3 just looked like a whole new car.

In any case, the idea is that he'll do touch-ups every 6-10 months depending on wear and tear, for a heavily discounted rates, and I really appreciate his professionalism given that my Macan is somewhere in the mid-low range of car types that he deals with routinely.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
op, just a reminder when signing off on the agreement, since you may be waiting for a long time to get your car to be delivered, there is always a chance Porsche Canada may raise the price while you are still waiting, thus without a clause of saying the price that you signed is the final price, you may be subject to the increment increase when the car arrives.

This happened last year and had been discussed in the forum and some buyers were able to get the increment price increase waived by dealers, there were many not successful at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally ordered a new 2017 GTS in white. Options include sport design mirrors, sport chrono package, leather seats, garnet red seat belts, piano black interior, premium package plus, LED headlights. Production in April with delivery in May. Ordered from Pfaff in Woodbridge. Very excited. No discount applied, paid full MSRP, but should be worth it.

Thanks for all for the advice. Can't wait till May!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
production in april should technically mean early to mid June delivery. It is near impossible to be delivered in May.

Anyway, congrats on the new baby !

·
Registered
497 Posts
Finally ordered a new 2017 GTS in white. Options include sport design mirrors, sport chrono package, leather seats, garnet red seat belts, piano black interior, premium package plus, LED headlights. Production in April with delivery in May. Ordered from Pfaff in Woodbridge. Very excited. No discount applied, paid full MSRP, but should be worth it.

Thanks for all for the advice. Can't wait till May!
Congrats Carm!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just posted something similar in another thread.

Forget the discount, its irrelevant. This is not a 6-10% off MSRP situation where you get had if you paid list.

To put into perspective, I had more of a discount on my first order but dealer charged higher fees to do the paperwork for my sale (tax break). This actually made made my subsequent purchase at another dealer a better overall deal even though "discount" was less.

Also if you can get the car a month quicker with a different dealer, factor in a additional month of rental/depreciation while you wait and boom there goes the discount comparison. Im basically saving 5k getting the car in Jan vs June. Timing is more significant than % off.
What kind of extra paperwork did you need for a tax break?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts