21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's Porsche Doncaster alright ... KFC across the road ! What's with all the roof rails ? I was Porsche Canberra today, they have a Volcano grey with a GT steering wheel. The smaller wheel is quite good.
Definitely Doncaster. Heck, I should know....they're my dealership after all. Subjectively speaking, I think the roof rails look superb, especially on the lighter coloured cars.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
I was surprised how "white" the Chalk is. I thought it would be much more grey and it looks better in the flesh than I expected. It is best described as white with a subtle grey tinge I think.
Chalk is beautiful, but I think it is too close to white to warrant an additional $3K

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don’t know what all the fuss is over chalk to be honest ...looks like washed out grey to me...saw it again today ..outside ...

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's Porsche Doncaster alright ... KFC across the road ! What's with all the roof rails ? I was Porsche Canberra today, they have a Volcano grey with a GT steering wheel. The smaller wheel is quite good.
Yep Doncaster. They're closer to my home, but I followed the sales guy from PCM when he moved.
Did you happen to take any pics of the GT wheel? I liked the idea of the smaller wheel, but the bolt trim looked a bit busy to me.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep Doncaster. They're closer to my home, but I followed the sales guy from PCM when he moved.
Did you happen to take any pics of the GT wheel? I liked the idea of the smaller wheel, but the bolt trim looked a bit busy to me.

No photo of the GT steering wheel and it does look a bit busy but it is smaller and I would get it in Alcantara actually.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Chalk and Mamba Green - both of these colours really awed me after seeing them in person. Utterly unique, yet quintessentially Porsche. Definitely won't be mistaken for anything else.
I thought Miami blue looked nice in pictures, but when I saw it in person last week for the First time, I was STUNNED at how beautiful it is, especially with black wheels and accents. Kinda regret not selecting it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I thought Miami blue looked nice in pictures, but when I saw it in person last week for the First time, I was STUNNED at how beautiful it is, especially with black wheels and accents. Kinda regret not selecting it.
Oh no, don't be! Carmine Red is a stunning colour - really expresses the boldness of the GTS flawlessly. When are you expecting delivery?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Oh no, don't be! Carmine Red is a stunning colour - really expresses the boldness of the GTS flawlessly. When are you expecting delivery?
I said I kinda regretted not going with Miami, although I deliberately chose not to. At that time, I hadn’t seen either color on a Macan, but I remember saying to myself that there will always be red cars and demand for them. The same cannot be said about an exotic blue color. When I saw the Miami blue in person a couple weeks ago, I was smitten. Nonetheless, I still think I made the best decision.

My SA told me that Red is out of production and should ship in one or two weeks. I assume that means railing to Emden, but I’m hoping it means getting on the ship. I checked the ship schedules: one leaves 3/17 and the next one leaves 10 days later. I’ll most likely get on the latter boat.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I said I kinda regretted not going with Miami, although I deliberately chose not to. At that time, I hadn’t seen either color on a Macan, but I remember saying to myself that there will always be red cars and demand for them. The same cannot be said about an exotic blue color. When I saw the Miami blue in person a couple weeks ago, I was smitten. Nonetheless, I still think I made the best decision.

My SA told me that Red is out of production and should ship in one or two weeks. I assume that means railing to Emden, but I’m hoping it means getting on the ship. I checked the ship schedules: one leaves 3/17 and the next one leaves 10 days later. I’ll most likely get on the latter boat.
That's ridiculously exciting - I bet you cant wait! And yeah, you're totally right - carmine red will always be a solid choice when it comes to the Macan, as it's such a coveted colour. I gotta say though, in comparison to other cars in this segment, no SUV comes close to offering such fascinating exterior colours than the Macan.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So I had my dealerships demo GTS for most of today. A volcano one I hadn't seen previously.
Had 18 ways, pano roof, sport chrono but that was about it. So my thoughts...
It definitely doesn't sounds as nice in my opinion. I've already laboured on this, but to me personally, it's a pretty important part of the character of the car. It's not bad, but it's much "raspier" sounding than the deep growl of the .1
Performance wise it feels much of a muchness. The turbo definitely felt faster, the GTS feels very similar to the current car.
The new touchscreen is very nice, fast and cameras look great - a definite improvement. CarPlay unfortunately seems a bit small and I found it fiddly to select the route change in Waze for example.
Visually I think it looks very nice. The light bar has grown on me and I think it looks much nicer on the darker cars. I considered getting volcano, but didn't want another dark car. I think it really suits the car though. Also of note is the aluminium trim in the door sill guards is black to match the interior trim by default now.

Oh, also of interest - the car was wearing Goodyear Eagle F1's. I haven't seen that tyre option before.

IMG_9089 copy.jpg

IMG_9090 copy.jpg

IMG_9088 copy.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
So I had my dealerships demo GTS for most of today. A volcano one I hadn't seen previously.
Had 18 ways, pano roof, sport chrono but that was about it. So my thoughts...
It definitely doesn't sounds as nice in my opinion. I've already laboured on this, but to me personally, it's a pretty important part of the character of the car. It's not bad, but it's much "raspier" sounding than the deep growl of the .1
Performance wise it feels much of a muchness. The turbo definitely felt faster, the GTS feels very similar to the current car.
The new touchscreen is very nice, fast and cameras look great - a definite improvement. CarPlay unfortunately seems a bit small and I found it fiddly to select the route change in Waze for example.
Visually I think it looks very nice. The light bar has grown on me and I think it looks much nicer on the darker cars. I considered getting volcano, but didn't want another dark car. I think it really suits the car though. Also of note is the aluminium trim in the door sill guards is black to match the interior trim by default now.

Oh, also of interest - the car was wearing Goodyear Eagle F1's. I haven't seen that tyre option before.

View attachment 229975
View attachment 229976
View attachment 229977
Very nice - just the right amount of stealth. Suffice it to say, it's not to my preference, as I prefer more unusualness and less common (colour wise), but it certainly doesn't discount the fact that whoever specified this GTS did a marvellous job. Thanks for sharing!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts