Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dear Sanjay,
The new Macan GTS will soon arrive at Porsche Centre Melbourne.
Join us this Saturday to discover the new model for the first time as it is unveiled in our showroom.
Generating 280 kW (380 hp) the new Macan GTS launches with a powerful engine, performance-orientated chassis, characteristic design and enhanced equipment.
Experience it for yourself this Saturday whilst you enjoy coffee, delicious catering, kids activities and more.
Date:Saturday 7 March
Time:9am to 5pm
For more information please contact our sales team on (03) 9473 0917 or alternatively you may respond to this email.
We hope to see you there.
Kind regards,

New GTS in the flesh this coming Saturday. Needless to say I will take many photos, maybe a video or two ...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metallic white and white looked almost the same of course. Crayon looked good but no Miami Blue :(

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Doncaster were doing a release day today too, but unfortunately I couldn't make it.
My build that was submitted pre-announcement was for white but changed at the last minute to carmine due to the clear tail lights. I feel I made the right choice after seeing those photos.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doncaster were doing a release day today too, but unfortunately I couldn't make it.
My build that was submitted pre-announcement was for white but changed at the last minute to carmine due to the clear tail lights. I feel I made the right choice after seeing those photos.
Yes I think a colour of any type verses the clear light would look better. Having said that though the option to have the red coloured tail light with a white coloured car is not available. Unbelievable !

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes! Carmine Red! Wise move, especially with the clear tail lights. Definitely some welcomed vibrancy to the streets of Melbourne. When are you expecting delivery?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes I think a colour of any type verses the clear light would look better. Having said that though the option to have the red coloured tail light with a white coloured car is not available. Unbelievable !
I would have liked the red tail lights with the white, but the tinted lights and dark accents are obviously part of the GTS languange.

Yes! Carmine Red! Wise move, especially with the clear tail lights. Definitely some welcomed vibrancy to the streets of Melbourne. When are you expecting delivery?
Originally it was due end of this month, but apparently there are back logs with AQIS now flagging everything coming into the country, so latest ETA is now start of May.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fortunately we have to petrol particle filters in Australia ... so maximum roar ! Would be interesting to compare it to the current 3.0 GTS in this regard with sport plus engaged.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If COBB can somehow re-tune the 2.9 back up to Turbo levels then I will most certainly consider swapping over to the new GTS as well. I asked again on Saturday and my SA said it was not possible according to their training on the new car. Let's hope.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If COBB can somehow re-tune the 2.9 back up to Turbo levels then I will most certainly consider swapping over to the new GTS as well. I asked again on Saturday and my SA said it was not possible according to their training on the new car. Let's hope.
How fascinating, I'd be interested in seeing how the updated GTS compares to the previous version. Which model do you drive at moment, and have you been happy with it?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How fascinating, I'd be interested in seeing how the updated GTS compares to the previous version. Which model do you drive at moment, and have you been happy with it?
I have an S, first Porsche and very happy with it but I have come to realise that the GTS verson is probably the way to go from now on. If this new GTS can be tuned back up to 324Kw then it's the one to go for as who knows if the next model will be petrol or not. LCT and stamp duty increases in Victoria don't help but as long as you can keep the drive away price at $160,499 or less you pay 7% stamp duty instead of 9% !

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have an S, first Porsche and very happy with it but I have come to realise that the GTS verson is probably the way to go from now on. If this new GTS can be tuned back up to 324Kw then it's the one to go for as who knows if the next model will be petrol or not. LCT and stamp duty increases in Victoria don't help but as long as you can keep the drive away price at $160,499 or less you pay 7% stamp duty instead of 9% !
Completely understandable. Heck, if I were to opt for six cylinder performance, I'd be more inclined to go for the GTS (rather than the S). Admittedly, coming from an X1, the four cylinder was more than enough for my style of driving. I'm just grateful that I'm getting a Macan (which has been my dream SUV since its inception).

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Metallic white and white looked almost the same of course. Crayon looked good but no Miami Blue :(
Nice, safe (albeit boring) color. With the semi-murdered rims (which are coming on my GTS), I think they should have gone for the black blades and door handles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was surprised how "white" the Chalk is. I thought it would be much more grey and it looks better in the flesh than I expected. It is best described as white with a subtle grey tinge I think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts