Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well done mate ! Looks fantastic. Not many GTS Macans in Aus with air suspension. Did you compare driving straight PASM vs Air prior to buying ? Adding air with ioniser evens out the buttons. I too would do it the OCD way as well. I know the LCT applied to every single option stings but if you use the options they are worth it.
My wife has MS - so mobility issues, therefore I made sure I optioned AS and the 14way seats. Also meant I had to order the GTS as it's 10mm lower - i did it for her!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks mate! I will definitely hit up Dale and see what I can get.馃槉
Thanks for the info on the stamp duty! That's very interesting.

Yes, I've heard Honda are about to start and so are Mercedes. Interesting times ahead!!
I might be the only one but I think haggling makes buying a car a more satisfying experience!
I agree, makes you happier paying so much if they at least give you a discount, even if fixed price and discounted price ends up the same feels like a little win.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congrats Smemick! Thanks for sharing the story!

Love the Sapphire Blue... The hardest part of waiting for the car (since August) has been questioning my choices... But I think you summed it up perfectly below:

Regarding run-in; there is a bunch of advice (some of it conflicting) across the forums - but my view is drive it well, but not hard, for the first few thousand km, and then open it up :)
Thanks Beau, looking forward to seeing yours too, not too long now. Hopefully before easter so you get a couple of extra free days to run it in.

Registered
Well done mate ! Looks fantastic. Not many GTS Macans in Aus with air suspension. Did you compare driving straight PASM vs Air prior to buying ? Adding air with ioniser evens out the buttons. I too would do it the OCD way as well. I know the LCT applied to every single option stings but if you use the options they are worth it.
This is my dilemma - To spec the car with A/S or without it. After reading every post about A/S im still confused...lol
I only want it as I think it will make the car look better sitting lower (although its only 10mm). The wife says to drop the option as its not required. Hopefully I can drive one with A/S and one without back to back to make up my mind!

Registered
I have had 3 years with A/S on a 2017 SD and nearly 10 months with no A/S on its replacement a 2020 GTS. I cant really tell the difference in ride at all (I kept the SD in sport as the comfort setting was too floaty for me.)

For me it was not worth the extra cost this time

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is my dilemma - To spec the car with A/S or without it. After reading every post about A/S im still confused...lol
I only want it as I think it will make the car look better sitting lower (although its only 10mm). The wife says to drop the option as its not required. Hopefully I can drive one with A/S and one without back to back to make up my mind!
I didn't get to drive one with prior, but from my experience of 3 days driving and only on lowest setting I can't say I've noticed any real difference. I do prefer the lower look though. I'm happy to start another discussion and title it 'reasons why you have to have AS' and make some stuff up if that will help...

Registered
You may have to drive a turbo with AS to compare as a GTS with air ride is rare. Like many here I could probably write a book on all the Macan options. If it's on a certain day and I am around I don't mind coming down to the dealership to intro you to Dale as it's walking distance. There are 3 Dales at PCM that why I said Dale B ! Also he is the least pushy dealer I know... apart from my cousin I guess but he sells Mercedes Benz.

Registered
I have had 3 years with A/S on a 2017 SD and nearly 10 months with no A/S on its replacement a 2020 GTS. I cant really tell the difference in ride at all (I kept the SD in sport as the comfort setting was too floaty for me.)

For me it was not worth the extra cost this time
Thanks for the feedback. Probably not worth the extra 3K just for another 10mm drop.

Registered
I didn't get to drive one with prior, but from my experience of 3 days driving and only on lowest setting I can't say I've noticed any real difference. I do prefer the lower look though. I'm happy to start another discussion and title it 'reasons why you have to have AS' and make some stuff up if that will help...
Thanks @smemick. I understand why you got it but perhaps I should just save the money...hmm.
P.S sorry to hijack your post!

Registered
You may have to drive a turbo with AS to compare as a GTS with air ride is rare. Like many here I could probably write a book on all the Macan options. If it's on a certain day and I am around I don't mind coming down to the dealership to intro you to Dale as it's walking distance. There are 3 Dales at PCM that why I said Dale B ! Also he is the least pushy dealer I know... apart from my cousin I guess but he sells Mercedes Benz.
Yea thats what I was initially thinking. Might have to compare the GTS to a Turbo with A/S. Thanks, I was hoping to ring tomorrow and make an appointment for sometime Friday before lunch if Dale is available. I will make sure I ask for Dale B! :D
Will let you know once Ive spoken to him and booked in a time. Sure, if you are free I would be happy to have you introduce me plus its always great to meet other Macan owners! :)

Registered
Yea thats what I was initially thinking. Might have to compare the GTS to a Turbo with A/S. Thanks, I was hoping to ring tomorrow and make an appointment for sometime Friday before lunch if Dale is available. I will make sure I ask for Dale B! :D
Will let you know once Ive spoken to him and booked in a time. Sure, if you are free I would be happy to have you introduce me plus its always great to meet other Macan owners! :)
Yes no problem I have this week mostly free.

Registered
Here are my 2 cents regarding AS and wife's opinion. :)
AS: I test drove the first Macan and loved it. I loved it so much that I invited my father in law who was visiting us to test drive it again and help me decide between the Macan and a Mercedes. The second Macan I drove it I liked it but didn;t love it. I went back to the dealer and mentioned that to the SA. I said the ride on the first one felt much better. He said to me: "Oh, the first one has PASM and AS. This one doesn't." I had no idea what that was but immediately added to my order. After 5 yers driving the car I would not order one without it.

Wife: I took my wife to see the Macan before I ordered. She asked how much was it. I said $70k. She looked at me a bit unhappy but agreed to the purchase. Well, what she didn't know was that the Macan S started at $49k so I added $21k in options. Have I said it was $49k she would never allow me to add my options. Thus, still today, she thinks the car started at $70k. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
2017 Macan GTS
Wife: I took my wife to see the Macan before I ordered. She asked how much was it. I said $70k. She looked at me a bit unhappy but agreed to the purchase. Well, what she didn't know was that the Macan S started at $49k so I added $21k in options. Have I said it was $49k she would never allow me to add my options. Thus, still today, she thinks the car started at $70k. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
I like the way you think @santastico :p I do the same exact thing when talking to the wife about new cars

Reactions: santastico

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
AS: I test drove the first Macan and loved it. I loved it so much that I invited my father in law who was visiting us to test drive it again and help me decide between the Macan and a Mercedes. The second Macan I drove it I liked it but didn;t love it. I went back to the dealer and mentioned that to the SA. I said the ride on the first one felt much better. He said to me: "Oh, the first one has PASM and AS. This one doesn't." I had no idea what that was but immediately added to my order. After 5 yers driving the car I would not order one without it.

Seems only fair, my wife likes to tell me how much she's saved me by buying new clothes on special. Maybe you could've optioned in everything, told her they cost $100k but you saved her $29k.

Registered

Thanks for your 2 cents :) I think based on that I should defnitely drive one with it and one without.

Haha....well played...unfortunately I made the mistake of telling her everything was an option - rookie mistake!! :p

Registered
She asked how much was it. I said $70k. ... what she didn't know was that the Macan S started at $49k
Good ole "anchoring"! You can improve this technique like this:

"Honey, I really want that one, but it's a little more than we should spend - it's $100k - but I REALLY want THAT one!"

[angst]

"Ok, ok, I see what you're saying and you're right, I agree with you ... what if we step down quite a bit to this one which is $85k?" 馃懝馃憤

21 - 40 of 69 Posts