Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I don't think I've ever been this excited for someone else's delivery to happen. Come on Monday!!! Hurry up!
That is very kind of you! My SA told me in a text that my new wheels (with 15mm spacers, highly recommend!!!) were installed. I asked him how the package looks and he replied with three "fire" emojis.

I assume your car comes with all-seasons. Are there any other differences between 2020 and 2023?

·
Registered
2023 GTS arriving in October
138 Posts
wheels with 15mm spacers
Oh wow that's going to be pretty aggressive, no?

I assume your car comes with all-seasons.
Yes, just so I can drive it right away while I sort out dedicated winter wheels & tires. I'll eventually replace the all seasons with summer tires.

Are there any other differences between 2020 and 2023?
Other than all the obviously aesthetic updates I'm not sure what else they tweaked that isn't visible

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have 15mm in the rear and 12mm. 15mm is the Goldilocks of spacers, IMHO. When I put my old wheels back on Bacon, sans the spacers of course, it looked weird. Judge for yourself:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have a pic from the rear a bit more? Tough to see how flush / pokey the wheels are from the angle of that photo.

I already have 10 and 15mm spacers from my current Audi, so that might just be the ticket!

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hand Kitchen utensil Wood Finger Nickel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Do you have a pic from the rear a bit more? Tough to see how flush / pokey the wheels are from the angle of that photo.

I already have 10 and 15mm spacers from my current Audi, so that might just be the ticket!
You are in luck. I lined up my scanning laser with the edge of the rear fender, then put a ruler on the edge of the tire to illustrate the inset

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

View attachment 258621

You are in luck. I lined up my scanning laser with the edge of the rear fender, then put a ruler on the edge of the tire to illustrate the inset
[/QUOTE]
BTW, notice the effect of negative camber. The leveled lazer is recessed ~12mm from the fender, but the laser hits the lower part of the rim.

Anyway, if you do go that route, you will need extended lug bolts. I got mine here:

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I do love me a good quantitative solution!!

Is that photo is with the 15mm spacer or without?
Thank you. Quantitative data rock! These pics are after. I took pictures in case I wanted to do a how-to slideshow. When I am holding the spacer, you can see the car is jacked-up and the wheel is already off.

Whether you use spacers or not, if you don't already have a wheel hanger, consider getting one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank you sir, I'm all set for bolts and wheel hanger. I've been a bit of a wheel addict for a while (I ran 6 different sets of wheels on a previous car in less than 3 years) so I got all the toys.

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thank you sir, I'm all set for bolts and wheel hanger. I've been a bit of a wheel addict for a while (I ran 6 different sets of wheels on a previous car in less than 3 years) so I got all the toys.
Hey there. FYI, my sales manager told me today that he REALLY likes the matte film for the center console and will be having that done to his future Macans. So, your recommendation has really started something! 😃

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
AT LONG LAST, the promo video I envisioned for www.wheels4macans.com and on which I’ve been working for weeks is done!! Decent speakers are recommended! 😜

41 - 52 of 52 Posts