Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first custom build for a 2020 Macan S freeze date is fast approaching, 8/20.

Build code: PK4B2CQ6

Any thoughts on what should be added/deleted?

Originally wanted Night Blue Metallic (and would have left the side blades + mirrors untouched as it was a darker color) but wanted a change as my current car, an A4 allroad, is already a similar moonlight blue (with brown interior so didn't want beige or black). With the Dolomite Silver wanted a cleaner look so side blades and side mirrors were one of the first things I optioned. Only other option I dropped was the hitch for my bikes. Decided to spend that money on PASM as I wanted to compensate for the 21" wheels and LA roads.

Thanks for any input. Great forum. Have really enjoyed reading up and educating myself and excited to get my car in November.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Almost perfect build!
I'd add AS - have you driven this car on 21" and steel suspension?
Have you considered 18-way seats?
Black door handle would look sharp on this car.
Are you sure you don't need a hitch to carry bikes?
Good luck finalising the build and waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost perfect build!
I'd add AS - have you driven this car on 21" and steel suspension?
Have you considered 18-way seats?
Black door handle would look sharp on this car.
Are you sure you don't need a hitch to carry bikes?
Good luck finalising the build and waiting for delivery.
AS: Still considering this one. Have driven a 2019 on 20" and 21" with steel, PASM and PASM/AS. PASM felt enough for me. Also concerned if I wanted to keep this car longer term dealing with AS down the road. Originally wanted 20" Spyders but since that option is no longer available went with 21".
Hitch: Since I have the roof rails, will go that route for 2 bikes. If only 1, will put inside. Cleaner look in back too.
Thanks for the feedback. Will let you guys know if I do end up adding AS next week.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice build, I just put my order in for my second Macan S yesterday. I just went for PASM also, didn't want AS. I have 20" sypders on my 15 Macan and wanted to get them for the new one, but with 21" required decided on the 20" turbo gloss black which I like for a change and also for more practicality for all season and winter tires. I got the black door handles, but I am also leaving the side blades black, with yours painted you might want to leave them body color. You might want to rethink the hitch, it's nice to have, not that much cost, and is barely noticeable from the back.

I believe mine's locking real soon also, maybe it will be on the same boat.

·
Registered
829 Posts
AS: Still considering this one. Have driven a 2019 on 20" and 21" with steel, PASM and PASM/AS. PASM felt enough for me. Also concerned if I wanted to keep this car longer term dealing with AS down the road. Originally wanted 20" Spyders but since that option is no longer available went with 21".
Hitch: Since I have the roof rails, will go that route for 2 bikes. If only 1, will put inside. Cleaner look in back too.
Thanks for the feedback. Will let you guys know if I do end up adding AS next week.
When you put the Porsche rack on top of the rails what you have is so far up in the air that you will have loading problems with bicycles. The trailer hitch would be far more functional. They make the rack high so it doesn't interfere with the sun roof.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rethink the hitch . . . I was on the fence about the hitch until I read about what is involved in adding one later. It's quite an undertaking on the Macan.

I have a Thule swing-away . . that I only use infrequently . . but the hitch is elegant and doesn't, from an astheritc perspective, detract from the rear end.

Just my $0.02.

Not sure I'll ever use it . . . but thrilled I got it.

Also . . . putting a bike inside a Macan is going to be a challenge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree with "get the hitch" on a custom build. Same rationale as the roof rails...soooo much easier to do during the build. I bought a 2019 S off the lot and am happy with it, although I did pass on some items I had in my Build a Porsche wish list.

Also, color. I opted for Siver with Red Interior, but saw a couple of really sharp looking cars in "Chalk". Saw the Miami Blue in person and didn't like it as much as on the website.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decided not to add the tow hitch. Sounds silly to save $660 but after spending $18k on options had to stop somewhere. You can really option this thing to $90k easy. Looking forward to getting mine in (hopefully) November. Thanks again for all your responses.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats, enjoy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So my 2020 Macan S is done, built 9/20 and scheduled to enter port of Emden on 9/27 exit 10/18. Can someone link again how to track a vehicle/boat/etc. Need a VIN from my dealer correct? Thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
sctw
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing