Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I picked up a Macan Turbo (2015) that we'll be doing some development work on. We had sold our Macan S a couple years ago, so it's great to be back in a Macan on a daily basis to help provide more value to our Macan clients. We'll also be getting some install videos of various parts that I'll share in a Build Thread. If you have any requests, feel free to comment below! We'll also be getting some dynos of the vehicle. We rent time from a shop down the street so I don't have infinite opportunities, but will try to get dynos of the important stuff.

Here is a list of some of the parts we'll be developing and adding to the Macan as part of a build series.

Development:
  • Upgraded Turbo Kit (compatible with S / GTS / Turbo)
  • Water/Meth Kit (compatible with S / GTS / Turbo)
  • Intercooler Kit (compatible with S / GTS / Turbo)
Build:
  • F6 Side Markers
  • F6 Wheel Spacer Kit
  • Full LED PDLS+ Headlight Conversion
  • AMS Intercoolers
  • F6 Diverter Valves
  • Ceramic Coating
  • Cobb Accessport
  • F6 Intake System
  • Custom Tuning (Stage 1+ and Pro Tune)
  • Powerflex Transmission Insert Mount
  • Powerflex Sway Bar Inserts
  • Cete Lowering Module
  • Akrapovic Exhaust
  • TBD Brakes
  • SRP Pedals
  • Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Diffuser
  • Water/Meth Kit
  • Turbo Upgrade Kit
Some additional Installs we already have slated:
  • MBRP Exhaust
  • WeatherTech Mats
  • Vector Tuning Box
  • Race Chip Tuning Box

Some info about the Macan Turbo / Build Sheet:
2015 Macan Turbo w/ 18K miles, 1 owner.
Price:​
$89,395.00​
Exterior:​
Black​
Interior:​
Leather Interior in Black/Garnet Red​
BASE​
Macan Turbo​
1BK​
Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)​
1D6​
Trailer hitch without tow ball​
1NP​
Wheel Center Caps with Full-Color Porsche Crest​
2FX​
Heated Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber​
3S5​
Roof Rails in Black​
3Y4​
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows​
5MH​
Carbon Fiber Interior Package​
7X8​
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera​
A1​
Black​
C7T​
21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels​
N1B​
Preparation Two-Tone Leather Interior i.c.w. Seat Ventilation​
PJ4​
Premium Package Plus​
PP8​
Comfort Lighting Package​
QJ4​
Side Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)​
QR5​
Sport Chrono Package​
VO​
Leather Interior in Black/Garnet Red​

·
Registered
370 Posts
TCU flashes would be the biggest game changer for tunes.
Happy to see your build coming together, looks like an exciting time!! I hope everything goes as planned.

·
Supporting Vendor
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Extremely interested in turbo kit. Hybrids?
Surprised there are no kits already.
Yes, we're working with Pure Turbos on a solution. A true upgraded turbo is going to be too difficult with the tiny length of the factory integrated manifold. It would require new downpipes and intercooler piping along with oil line adapters, etc. Just too complex and not cost effective. We'll have more details soon and some early testing notes.

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Jon wastes no time! He got the LED headlights about 3 months ago in anticipation!

I'm so excited to see this thing unfold - Cobb tuned Macan Turbos can crack 11s in the 1/4 mile with products already on the market. I'm so interested to see how low you can go with the turbo upgrades.

I'd absolutely love the opportunity to absolutely blow by an unsuspecting (insert most cars here) with my dog in the back, and ski box up top.

I'm also excited to become a repeat customer as more Macan items come to market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jon,

I notice you don't have downpipes listed on your build?

Very keen to follow this project along and create a similar build once you have all the details worked out.

·
Supporting Vendor
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jon,

I notice you don't have downpipes listed on your build?

Very keen to follow this project along and create a similar build once you have all the details worked out.
We might end up doing when we do the turbos. Unfortunately, the engine has to come down to get the factory downpipes. We might need to pull the engine down to do the turbos anyways though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have you had any updates on your gen 1 turbo build? Love to see what you have done so far!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jon wastes no time! He got the LED headlights about 3 months ago in anticipation!

I'm so excited to see this thing unfold - Cobb tuned Macan Turbos can crack 11s in the 1/4 mile with products already on the market. I'm so interested to see how low you can go with the turbo upgrades.

I'd absolutely love the opportunity to absolutely blow by an unsuspecting (insert most cars here) with my dog in the back, and ski box up top.

I'm also excited to become a repeat customer as more Macan items come to market.
Can the 15's be retrofitted with the new headlight design?

·
Vendor
483 Posts
Can the 15's be retrofitted with the new headlight design?
Short answer yes, it has absolutely been done, even by some members on here. Attempts to reach out to them have not been too fruitful though. Have I personally attempted? No. I sold my kit (to Jon) before I ever tried. I honestly wish I did try when I still had my PIWIS2 kit so I could add some more significant value to the conversation.

The challenging part is the coding. It seems that PIWISII is an absolute requirement. Some have had luck with a dealer, others with an independent shop. I know Jon has been working through the challenges with coding on this, which I am sure has been a headache (maybe even nightmare) to say the least, to which I truly do feel awful for subjecting him to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts