Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received these mats in for my GTS. I used this manufacturer for my previous Audi S4. Top quality and they allowed a customized configuration. I went with a thick heal pad for the drivers mat, logo and stitching with matched color to the exterior. Nice premium look and fit.

Image of drivers mat:

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just received these mats in for my GTS. I used this manufacturer for my previous Audi S4. Top quality and they allowed a customized configuration. I went with a thick heal pad for the drivers mat, logo and stitching with matched color to the exterior. Nice premium look and fit.

Image of drivers mat:
Nice...were you planning on telling us the vendor?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mats themselves look great, but there are enough GTS logos on the GTS already, IMO
What's another 1 or 2 more...just to be sure somebody unfamiliar with the brand knows that I have a GTS.

BTW, I believe I remember you from the E92 days. You had, I believe, a LMB E92 M3 coupe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing like having a good set of plush floor mats. Looks to be similar in quality of Lloyd Luxe mats.

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/about-us/

Yes, it does look similar. I'm sure there are other companies out there who offer a similar service. I do not have experience with Lloyd's but Pattern One has provided me with quality mats and good customer service. Turnaround time was less than 2 weeks from order.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Why is the driver's floor mat so short...not providing floor protection behind the pedals or to the right of the dead pedal?

The driver's floor mat on my wife's Jaguar did this as well, ended up getting a new front set of aftermarket mats that offered better coverage.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Yes, it does look similar. I'm sure there are other companies out there who offer a similar service. I do not have experience with Lloyd's but Pattern One has provided me with quality mats and good customer service. Turnaround time was less than 2 weeks from order.
I ordered Lloyd’s mats with great hope for one of my Macans. I was quite disappointed. The color was off and the quality was just ok. Wound up using them as winter mats instead of rubber ones.

These by the OP look ok, nothing special. In fact the way the GTS is sewn calls out aftermarket to me. And yes, they are to short. I like the idea of a heel pad but think it unnecessary and can lead to instability of your foot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What's another 1 or 2 more...just to be sure somebody unfamiliar with the brand knows that I have a GTS.

BTW, I believe I remember you from the E92 days. You had, I believe, a LMB E92 M3 coupe.
Yes, I had an e92 coupe!! It was Space Gray. Looking back, I really miss a lot about that car. Loved the high revving V8. I had a 6-speed manual, and I always felt the car was a combination of European refinement with the basic American Muscle formula of a manual, RWD V8 in a 2+2 coupe. Sold that car when I bought my Cayman GTS, which is absolutely epic, BTW.

It is funny over time how you cross paths with some of the same people on different forums!! Have always loved the GTS formula with Porsche.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why is the driver's floor mat so short...not providing floor protection behind the pedals or to the right of the dead pedal?
I was thinking the same.
It is the same configuration as the OEM mats, which are short also. I recall somewhere hearing about potential liability issues if the mat somehow gets stuck interfering with pedal function (??) That is why the passenger side mat is much longer providing full coverage. No pedals to contend with.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
It is the same configuration as the OEM mats, which are short also. I recall somewhere hearing about potential liability issues if the mat somehow gets stuck interfering with pedal function (??) That is why the passenger side mat is much longer providing full coverage. No pedals to contend with.
My OEM Porsche all-season mats (which were installed in my vehicle at delivery) are longer, and offer floor protection behind the pedals...and to the right of the dead pedal.

Never had a problem with the mat moving under my feet since it snaps into the floor prongs just like the stock rug mats.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Image of drivers mat:

Those look great-and a good price too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I had an e92 coupe!! It was Space Gray. Looking back, I really miss a lot about that car. Loved the high revving V8. I had a 6-speed manual, and I always felt the car was a combination of European refinement with the basic American Muscle formula of a manual, RWD V8 in a 2+2 coupe. Sold that car when I bought my Cayman GTS, which is absolutely epic, BTW.

It is funny over time how you cross paths with some of the same people on different forums!! Have always loved the GTS formula with Porsche.
I also had a 2013 E92 M3 but with the DCT. I also miss a lot of what that car offered. It was the reason why I now have a Shelby GT350. At the core, high-revving NA V8, MT, RWD and soul.

The Macan is my first Porsche but it will not be my last. My goal is to own a GT3 but I would happily take a GTS. We'll see in the next few years.

Agreed, small world.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I also had a 2013 E92 M3 but with the DCT. I also miss a lot of what that car offered. It was the reason why I now have a Shelby GT350. At the core, high-revving NA V8, MT, RWD and soul.

The Macan is my first Porsche but it will not be my last. My goal is to own a GT3 but I would happily take a GTS. We'll see in the next few years.

Agreed, small world.
How is the GT350? The Mustang has been elevated to a whole new level. Even the 5.0GT is quite a package.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How is the GT350? The Mustang has been elevated to a whole new level. Even the 5.0GT is quite a package.
In my opinion, Ford did an excellent job putting together a car that is well executed at being capable of running on tracks without modifications or taken out for some backroad driving. The exhaust sound, simply amazing. There are issues with panel gaps and a lower quality interior (as compared to a BMW, Audi, M-B and certainly Porsche). As a performance vehicle, the money was spent in all of the critical areas including but not limited to engine, suspension, brakes, transmission and front seats.

This car draws a lot of attention from different groups. Initially fun but it does get tiring. I would've preferred the R version but I couldn't find one without the ADM. The standard GT350 is sufficient for those who are not track junkies.

Ford will be releasing the GT500. While it will have a significant advantage in power, dual-clutch will be the only transmission. For me and at this time, MT only for me.

After one year plus of ownership would I buy another GT350, yes.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Agreed, small world.
Why did you sell the E92? I think there are a lot of us following the E92->Macan->GT3 path...

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
ordered the Porsche OEM carbon fiber mats from Suncoast. Expensive as F ($900), but are made of carbon fiber and will look awesome in my new PP. Get on Wednesday

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
14 Participants
EvilBoffin
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing