Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Don't know how many Australian members are on here? Can't wait to get my hands on a Macan. Aussie pricing starts at $85K for the Diesel and $88K for the "S", the turbo is around $125K! Orders start to arrive around June 2014. Can't decide on white or black? I'm looking at getting the "S".
Cheers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
welcome to the forum!

black vs white

black
-easy to swirl
-hard to maintain in mint condition
-looks great when shiny
-gets really hot
-doesnt show rail dust
-shows salt marks easier

white
-stays cooler
-easier to hide scratches and swirls
-doesn't pop when shiny and waxed
-shows rail dust
-shows dirt easier

·
Registered
972 Posts
White in the winter is the worst. #1, it's not easy for other drivers to see you in a snow storm. When it all melts, your car will look very dirty and it will be hard to keep clean
We don't get snow in Australian cities thankfully :) (ski territory is another matter though)

Hello Hum, whereabouts in Aus are you?

White and black are both a pain to clean but I've chosen white as it works really well with the black accents along the bottom half of the car.

We are getting 630 cars in 2014 but the first 150 are sport pack models which are considerably more expensive and will be gobbled up by dealers to use as demonstrators. So that leaves say 500 for the public and going by sydney dealership numbers I'd say more than half of those spots have already been taken. Pretty impressive for a car you can't actually see or touch or feel yet.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
White in the winter is the worst. #1, it's not easy for other drivers to see you in a snow storm. When it all melts, your car will look very dirty and it will be hard to keep clean
Turn on your lights in a snow storm. :)

Our home is at the end of a two mile drive on gravel roads, so I our cars are constantly dirty. Silver is the easiest to stay clean-looking, but white is just as easy to clean. A quick trip to a touch less spray wash will have it looking great with little effort. Any shade darker than silver requires a hand wash to get looking as good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We don't get snow in Australian cities thankfully :) (ski territory is another matter though)

Hello Hum, whereabouts in Aus are you?

White and black are both a pain to clean but I've chosen white as it works really well with the black accents along the bottom half of the car.

We are getting 630 cars in 2014 but the first 150 are sport pack models which are considerably more expensive and will be gobbled up by dealers to use as demonstrators. So that leaves say 500 for the public and going by sydney dealership numbers I'd say more than half of those spots have already been taken. Pretty impressive for a car you can't actually see or touch or feel yet.
I'm in Brisbane,
Do you know if those black panels along the bottom are a painted polished black or black plastic?
I agree with the white, put a set of black wheels on it and with those black highlights would look sweet!
The black though make those red tail lights stand out, almost fluorescent like.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm in Brisbane,
Do you know if those black panels along the bottom are a painted polished black or black plastic?
I agree with the white, put a set of black wheels on it and with those black highlights would look sweet!
The black though make those red tail lights stand out, almost fluorescent like.
I think I read somewhere that they're black plastic. CF looks better but not $3800 better (once you add LCT and stamp duty)... I plan to get some custom graphics printed for it :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
yeah $3800 is a lot for what it is.

What kind of custom graphics do you plan on getting and from where?
It's a bit of an eyesore, it can work well with the general body shape but not with all colour combos. I wonder if the design team was trying to add some contrast like you see on a sports car with side air intakes...

One easy option is to get a carbon fibre wrap to at least adds some texture. That said I use a lot of real CF in my sport (archery) so I am not a big fan of CF used for cosmetic purposes. But this is just my personal taste :D I will not tell anyone else what to do.

Maybe a smoked/dark horizontally brushed metallic? (same texture as interior alu trim)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
It's a bit of an eyesore, it can work well with the general body shape but not with all colour combos. I wonder if the design team was trying to add some contrast like you see on a sports car with side air intakes...

One easy option is to get a carbon fibre wrap to at least adds some texture. That said I use a lot of real CF in my sport (archery) so I am not a big fan of CF used for cosmetic purposes. But this is just my personal taste :D I will not tell anyone else what to do.

Maybe a smoked/dark horizontally brushed metallic? (same texture as interior alu trim)

I'm not a fan of carbon fiber for the Macan either. I agree the bushed aluminum / metallic would work perfectly. Good taste! ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi all,
Another Aussie joining the forum. Currently driving a Range Rover Evoque and looking at Macan as a potential replacement. This forum looks to be a good source of info. Pricing seems very reasonable. Interested to know if Porsche offer a a Corporate Service pack (free servicing) like I currently receive?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi all,
Another Aussie joining the forum. Currently driving a Range Rover Evoque and looking at Macan as a potential replacement. This forum looks to be a good source of info. Pricing seems very reasonable. Interested to know if Porsche offer a a Corporate Service pack (free servicing) like I currently receive?
Make a new thread for yourself mate, then it looks like there are more aussies :D

Welcome! There's scant info on the porsche forum australia site, a bit more on planet-9 and 6speed but naturally the info filters thru to here :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi all,
Have you enjoyed the Evoque, I came close to buying one a few years ago.
I would think the Macan will be roughly the same size.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.