Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Macan GTS Mamba Green
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Greetings!

We delayed our order by a year due to the pandemic and business uncertainties, but pushed the button in early April, and secured a May build slot that slipped due to all the stuff going on that we all know about. Since Vermont no longer has a Porsche dealer, we went with Porsche of Nashua (New Hampshire) based on a PCA friend's recommendation.

Our car was supposed to ship out on July 23, and I was trying to figure out which ship it would be on (to track, just for fun), when our dealer called on July 22 and said the car was in Davisville, RI. Apparently it just got to the port of Emden in time to catch an earlier ship. We picked it up last week and are just thrilled...the early shipping pretty much nullified the production slips!

Despite issues others have reported, we were able to get our coveted Mamba Green, and the 18-way Sport Seats. Initial impression: exceeds expectations!

The Porsche Codes don't really work for 2021s as the configurator is updated for 2022 model options, but here are the key build options:

1 95BBL1 Macan GTS
2 L0 Mamba Green Metallic
3 PN Leather Package in Black/Moiave Beige
4 0NC PORSCHE Logo Satin Black and Model Desig. High Gloss Black
5 2PJ Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel
6 3GN Cargo Management System
7 3S5 Roof Rails in High Gloss Black
8 49Y 20" Macan Turbo Wheels in High Gloss Black
9 6FB SportDesign Exterior Mirrors
10 6H1 Side Blades in Exterior Color
11 6JA Door Handles in High Gloss Black
12 8LH Sport Chrono Package
13 8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
14 H6K Summer Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels
15 Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance
16 PF9 Premium Package Plus
17 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System
18 7Y7 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
19 Q1J Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package

We also had Xpel paint protection film done on the front of the car and ceramic coating on the the entire vehicle...my first experience with both, so I'll be interested to see how they perform.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and advice with everyone here.

Cheers!
--Lou

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beautiful. Congrats! Possibly the last of the Mamba Green GTSs. Check to make sure nothing is missing. I collected mine yesterday minus the power steering wheel adjustment. Love that picked a Turbo Rims. Look great and so much easier to clean!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Good choice on the protective coat and Xpel. I waited years before ceramic coating glad I did but should have done it right away at delivery very as maintenance is much easier.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good looking Macan !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lovely colour Lou. Congratulations! It was a hard pick for us between Mamba green and Miami blue. We went with Miami Blue finally.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Welcome and congratulations 🍾 on your new Mamba Green

She is just stunning

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful. Congrats! Possibly the last of the Mamba Green GTSs. Check to make sure nothing is missing. I collected mine yesterday minus the power steering wheel adjustment. Love that picked a Turbo Rims. Look great and so much easier to clean!
Thanks...we are more than happy to have a MY2021 vs 22 to get the Mamba Green and have switches on the console (just personal preference). You are correct, we got the manual steering wheel adjustment. I just emailed our sales exec about it, and he says we'll be getting a notice from Porsche when parts are available. I'm just glad someone in Leipzig made the executive decision to ship the cars rather than hold them for parts, which may take months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am due to pick up my GTS in a couple of weeks and the dealer let me know yesterday that it will lack the power steering wheel adjustment also. The implication of his email is that the position of the wheel will be preset and fixed until the retrofit is done. Is that consistent with your experience, or are you able to manually change the position in the meantime?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I am due to pick up my GTS in a couple of weeks and the dealer let me know yesterday that it will lack the power steering wheel adjustment also. The implication of his email is that the position of the wheel will be preset and fixed until the retrofit is done. Is that consistent with your experience, or are you able to manually change the position in the meantime?
Ours has a manual locking lever under the steering column…when released you can tilt and telescope the wheel fully, then lock it in the desired position. Just no memory function without the motorized column.

I think I read that the Cayennes have a different arrangement where the motors are present but not the controller, so the dealer has to jog them to a position that fits the driver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ours has a manual locking lever under the steering column…when released you can tilt and telescope the wheel fully, then lock it in the desired position. Just no memory function without the motorized column.

I think I read that the Cayennes have a different arrangement where the motors are present but not the controller, so the dealer has jog them to a position that fits the driver.
Thank you, that's encouraging. I'll let you know what happens .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you, that's encouraging. I'll let you know what happens .
I picked up my GTS at the beginning of the month and I too can confirm that it came with the fully adjustable manual steering column which I believe is standard on base non optioned Macans. Dealer said it will be replaced with the power unit at an undetermined point likely in the next couple of months. It was the only missing option on my car which also has the 18 ways and a small sacrifice In return for delivery of my car rather than waiting even longer. I think the Porsche-planning team made the right decision to keep deliveries moving rather than further pile up of delays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny thing here. I took delivery a month ago of a '21 Macan GTS. It has the manual steering column adjustment like the rest of the folks here. I had it into the dealership for the car connect app set up and the service adviser told me I would be back soon for a recall for the steering column. I had no idea what he was talking about and being in a hurry to leave I did not ask. Now I know though I am not sure I care about adding more stuff to go wrong. Kinda thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess the argument could be made that for resale (way) down the road it probably should be done. I guess I am in the fence on this one.

Great looking green Macan! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Funny thing here. I took delivery a month ago of a '21 Macan GTS. It has the manual steering column adjustment like the rest of the folks here. I had it into the dealership for the car connect app set up and the service adviser told me I would be back soon for a recall for the steering column. I had no idea what he was talking about and being in a hurry to leave I did not ask. Now I know though I am not sure I care about adding more stuff to go wrong. Kinda thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess the argument could be made that for resale (way) down the road it probably should be done. I guess I am in the fence on this one.

Great looking green Macan! Congrats.
If you (or a potential buyer of the car, later on) have multiple drivers, then the motorized column is extremely desirable. My wife and I both the drive our '18 S almost every day, and the memorized settings -- which include that steering tilt and distance -- make life so much easier.

I'm disappointed that the inside rearview mirror is not motorized, because that is the only thing that has to be manually adjusted by both of us, after pressing our particular setting button on the door.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
966 Posts
Congrats, the Mamba crowd is pretty vocal about their love. I once was in a small coastal golf town in my Macan and had a lady make a bee line across the parking lot (with me backing away, as I had no idea why and it was peak COVID) to tell me all about her new Mamba Green Macan, it was cool to see how happy she was about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just saw my first one of these on the road yesterday and dang it it way better than the pictures. Now I feel Like I am going to have to rethink my color preference.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just saw my first one of these on the road yesterday and dang it it way better than the pictures. Now I feel Like I am going to have to rethink my color preference.
Heh... my wife and I stopped yesterday for lunch at a golf course (pro-tip: restaurants and pubs at golf courses are generally open all afternoon, have better than average food and are open to the public). A nice fellow must have seen our Porsche logo raincoats and came over to ask us if the green Porsche was ours. He just loved the color he said. We chatted about his family's vintage Healeys.

Point being, if you want to be incognito, skip the Mamba Green. We don't mind the compliments!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm disappointed that the inside rearview mirror is not motorized, because that is the only thing that has to be manually adjusted by both of us, after pressing our particular setting button on the door.
Yes, it is an odd oversight. My understanding is that Merc does motorize them.

On the other hand, it has always bugged me that our Jeep Grand Cherokee's keyless entry does not respond to touching the inside of the rear door handles...only the front doors unlock the vehicle. The Macan's Porsche Entry and Drive system has the unlock and lock sensors on front and rear. Trivial but really makes me smile every time I use it.

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 20 of 23 Posts